Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mike Plumb - your wheel choice ??
Quote | Reply
I read in another post you mentioned your wheel choice for IM Canada. I'm about to get my first set of race wheels (primarily for the Lubbock 1/2 IM) and I'm also waiting to see what Renn comes out with. So I was very interested to see that you were considering a Renn disc and a nimble fly. Why would you choose a disc in back and then a light weight wheel that isn't particularly aero?
Quote Reply
Re: Mike Plumb - your wheel choice ?? [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the Renn disk all last year on a variety of courses, hilly, flat, windy and raining, and was very happy with it's performance. For the last 5 years I have used a HED CX on the front and haven't had any problems with it performance wise, but would prefer something lighter now. I have also found that the handling of the bike is more affected by the front wheel and it's surface area in a wind that the rear wheel. So I am also looking for a wheel that has less suface area than the CX. The Nimble Fly meets one of those charachtoristics very well (weight) and you're right, it is not super aero, but I wouldn't consider it "not aero" though. In that regard the Corima A-4 would probably better meet both charachtoristics that I am looking for. THere are a handful of others that I am going to consider as well, including the new Reynolds (Lew) wheel, the new Renn front wheel (?). There are probably others that I should be considering and I'm open to suggestions. Just remember it has to be very lgiht, low profile and sew up.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply