Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: eTap Blip Box mounting [AchillesHeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AchillesHeal wrote:
Hi Mitch.
Will be placing an order soon for the new SC.

My fir on the current bike is
Stack 640
Reach 540
Bb to top of seat 710

Please help with what to order.

Is your pad x from the bb and to the rear of the pad or mid pad?

Max pad x on an XL frame is 530mm (rear pad). At a minimum you are looking at the far tower toppers (to get 530 pad x). 0mm tower base (use 2 x 5 mm spacers that comes with the bike to get your 640 pad y). Short seat post. Low rise base bars (anything but the low rise bars are ugly on this bike imo).

Fit chart for reference:
https://retailerassetsprd.blob.core.windows.net/...ZzABYHTFInUlT%2Fo%3D

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the new aero bottle Trek sells and now I have no idea how to mount my bike computer. How is everyone doing it?
Quote Reply
Re: eTap Blip Box mounting [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
54 cm from BB to middle of pads. So 51 to back of pads.

Is the aerodynamics the same for the low, mid and high bars? I would image the low would also be the most aero aside from looking best.

I have short legs šŸ˜©

I also like to bring my seat as fore as possible. I really like a high seat tube angle. Thatā€™s probably why my pads are so far foreword.
Last edited by: AchillesHeal: Nov 28, 22 8:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen any study showing any aero differences between the bars. But I do think the low bar is the best bet.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: eTap Blip Box mounting [Mutiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mutiger wrote:
I have the new aero bottle Trek sells and now I have no idea how to mount my bike computer. How is everyone doing it?

Blendr mount shown on the 2nd to last page here:

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Mutiger wrote:

Blendr mount shown on the 2nd to last page here:

Thank you for linking that. I do have that mount and I hate it. Im hoping there is a better solution or at least one becomes available before next race season. The Garmin 1030/1040 doesn't fit well to say the least and you have no access to the bottom buttons. For the computer to fit, it has to be at such a steep angle you also can't read the screen while tucked in aero. If I push it back where I can somewhat read it, I can't grab the aero handles with a full fist. If there are any other solutions, I'd love to see/hear about them.
Quote Reply
Re: eTap Blip Box mounting [Mutiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. The only other mount that I know of that may work is 76 project (https://76projects.com/...riant=40526080377019). I'm not 100% sure if this is wide enough but you may be able to fasten this to the round part of the extensions. Considering the size of your bike computer, this could affect your hand position depending on what you prefer to do with your hands.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the 76 project mount while I am waiting for the mount ironically enough
Quote Reply
Re: eTap Blip Box mounting [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a very similar problem with my rear brake on my 2016 speed concept. I ended up having to drill a bolt out of the pivot nut. You wouldn't happen to know the size of that pivot nut and whether or not that's something I could pick up at a hardware store? Thanks.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: eTap Blip Box mounting [AndrewL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not off the top of my head but I was able to buy a replacement at Lowesā€¦ it was a metric (stainless Phillips head) panhead and around m4 or m5 like 10 or 12mm longā€¦. but not 100% sure.

I took the non messed up one to the store with me to get a match.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your help. Ordered today.
Medium low far. Short seatpost.
Forked over 700$ for paint job too. 6700 is a lot of money for a frame. Unreal!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Itā€™s a great bike. What color did you go with?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope Iā€™m doing the attachment correctly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AchillesHeal wrote:
Hi Mitch.
Will be placing an order soon for the new SC.

My fir on the current bike is
Stack 640
Reach 510
Bb to top of seat 710

Please help with what to order.

Hey there! Those measurements are suiting for an XL size frame with the following setup:
  • Far tower topper
  • Low rise base bar
  • 0mm tower base
  • 10mm adjustment spacer
  • Short seatpost (623-740mm range from bb to saddle rails)

You could also fit a large size frame, but you have no further adjustment to increase your reach, you are maxed out on that size if your reach is being measured from the center of the bb to the back of the pads.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: eTap Blip Box mounting [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch, do you know if the tri basebar is legal now that the uci has removed the 3:1 rule recently?
Quote Reply
Re: eTap Blip Box mounting [KevinSequoia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fork and bar are both UCI compliant, based on the change of their compliance rule!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i know its a little late, but when I talked to the Trek engineers at a factory tour they said the aero difference in the different base bars was within the margin of error of the software and tunnel tests. so take that as you will.
Quote Reply
Re: eTap Blip Box mounting [iliketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great info. Thanks for the heads up. The narrower bar seems like it makes up for the narrower width with the flat back shape. Probably not worth the effort of switching bars over for a potential again of 1-2w or less, when a slight position tweak or even a slight head/shoulder adjustment could net a higher gain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyones frame water bottle getting loose over time ? As in too easy to pull out ? Always used to be an effort to get it out but seems like it has loosened up over time and is a bit of an ejection risk šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Mitch,

Thanks you for this opportunity, I currently have my eyes on the new Speed Concept SLR Gen 3, but not sure if should go for a size M or L. I believe L would be a better match, but if you could help me it would be great.

On my current bike these are my fit numbers:

Saddle height: 759mm (BB to center of the saddle)
Arm pad stack BB: 640mm
Arm pad reach: 444mm
Arm pad reach BB: 433mm

Thank you in advance for you help.
Lucas
Quote Reply
Re: eTap Blip Box mounting [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
buy a new cage!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [lcparlatto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lcparlatto wrote:
Hello Mitch,

Thanks you for this opportunity, I currently have my eyes on the new Speed Concept SLR Gen 3, but not sure if should go for a size M or L. I believe L would be a better match, but if you could help me it would be great.

Lucas

Hey Lucas, a large frame would be my recommendation upon looking at your existing fit measurements. This puts you in the middle of the adjustment range vs being at the end of it with a medium frame. That being said, you're looking at a setup as follows to match your existing fit:
  • Large frame
  • Mid tower topper
  • Low rise base bar
  • 30mm tower base + 10mm adjustment spacer**
  • Long seat post

**This puts you a few millimeters under your stack, but if you need to go up, you could put the 45mm tower base on to put you a bit over.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

Just wondering if it is acceptable to PM or email you the .pdf of my fit file. Looking to order SC soon and this will be my first tri bike and was my first real fit and I want to make sure you have the right info. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
lcparlatto wrote:
Hello Mitch,

Lucas

Hey Lucas, a large frame would be my recommendation upon looking at your existing fit measurements. This puts you in the middle of the adjustment range vs being at the end of it with a medium frame. That being said, you're looking at a setup as follows to match your existing fit:
  • Large frame
  • Mid tower topper
  • Low rise base bar
  • 30mm tower base + 10mm adjustment spacer**
  • Long seat post

**This puts you a few millimeters under your stack, but if you need to go up, you could put the 45mm tower base on to put you a bit over.

Thank you so much! Order in place ;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next