Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Nov. 7 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 7 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week
7/7 days of healthy coping
recover from race
write in journal most days
do a little strength every day

check, check, check, check!

6 swims for 16,841 yds
6 runs for 36.55 mi
volunteered at a duathlon yesterday

goals this week are
7/7 days of healthy coping
write in journal most days
do a little strength every day

today is a super long work day for me but at least I get it over with the first day of the week!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 7 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got through my long day yesterday. I'm super tired today. I did the thing that absolutely had to get done. I have other stuff that I FEEL LIKE I need to do, but I am trying to tell my brain those things do NOT have to be done right this minute, and it's okay to rest. (did you hear that brain? it's ok to nap). Being tired and working is just going to result in being unproductive and possibly using some negative coping skills, and I want to avoid that at all cost. So I am going to give myself permission to rest. I will get the stuff done. It doesn't have to be done today. Repeat to self.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I realized yesterday the anxiety about resting is I'm scared I won't feel less tired, and then I'll still have work to do and I will still be exhausted.
That has NEVER HAPPENED. I always have felt better after some rest :P
I did nap and rest yesterday afternoon and I am a bit less tired today, but still tired and going to be easy with myself. The good news is I got some stuff done (the stuff I didn't do yesterday)

take that, brain

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm proud of you for taking some rest! I know how difficult it can be to spend time in what our brain sees as "unproductive" ways, but it's so essential to our health and well-being - gold star for you!

Quote | Reply
hi! how are you?!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm doing well! Had a fun season of racing despite some cranky body parts, culminating in a 24hr in mid-Oct (which I ran dressed as Boba Fett for...reasons lol) that was probably my best executed race in a few years. Have been taking it a bit easy since, pacing a friend at his 12hr walk/run fundraiser for a local cancer centre, having some Halloween trail shenanigans in costume with friends, and volunteering at a race last weekend. Figured out that I volunteered at as many races as I actually ran this year, with 5 apiece! Already registered for a 25k trail race in January and a snowshoe race in Feb, with designs on a 100mi at the end of July and completing the trilogy at the mid-Oct race; I've done the 72hr (2021, the event's 1st year) and the 24hr now, so might as well go for the 48hr in 2023...which will start on Friday the 13th! Might take the 100 in 100 a little easier this year and just go for 100 total; would give me some more time to xc ski, snowshoe, and hike with my husband, or have some other winter fun. I still pop in to read posts occasionally but I've been terrible about contributing, or even keeping my training log up to date; it's been almost a month and I'm trying to get caught up today (I keep notes on my phone and of course Garmin records).

Will you get a good stretch back in Maine for Thanksgiving with your family this year?

Quote | Reply
wow, congrats on those ultras!

yeah, I fly home for a few days then we're going to CT to do the holiday with family there. I'm very excited about all of it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
today I'm super cranky and I'm not sure why. IDK if it is because I have work to do that I don't really want to do, if I am tired, or what. Workout helped a little but didn't turn it around totally. I've done some self care stuff, just gotta keep doing that I guess.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you! Your family trip sounds amazing - I'm happy you'll be able to share fun with them for the holiday!

I usually find when I'm feeling cranky or overwhelmed with no immediately apparent cause, it'll have to do with hormones - my cycle has never settled into a proper rhythm since I quit oral contraceptives 12(!) years ago, and sometimes that "everything is stupid and I hate it" day that precedes it will come unexpectedly.

Be gentle with yourself; you're allowed to have an off day, even if it's frustrating not knowing why.

Quote | Reply
"everything is stupid and I hate it" is exactly how I feel today. I did get a little work done and rested for a little bit - not sure I napped but I made myself lay down and close my eyes for awhile. I am a little better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's so hard to remember to rest and to give ourselves permission to rest. Good for you!
Quote Reply