Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Come on guys [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Thom wrote:
jharris wrote:

My son died from his deployment in Iraq…. He got cancer. Far different than my son died in Iraq.

You do realize by now, all right leaning people want is for left leaning to admit to being wrong, or admit to the bs.

Can you do that?

What specifically do you want the left leaning to admit they are wrong about?

Are there points awarded for dodging a question by proxy?
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
windywave wrote:
Thom wrote:
jharris wrote:

My son died from his deployment in Iraq…. He got cancer. Far different than my son died in Iraq.

You do realize by now, all right leaning people want is for left leaning to admit to being wrong, or admit to the bs.

Can you do that?

What specifically do you want the left leaning to admit they are wrong about?

Are there points awarded for dodging a question by proxy?

No but you can deduct three points for being a humorless curmudgeon
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:

My son died from his deployment in Iraq…. He got cancer.

Yup, that is exactly what he meant.

See, that wasn't so hard.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:

Thank you for highlighting one of the problems today.

Somebody cannot make a metaphor without someone trying to use a literal definition and therefore attacking someone for being wrong.[/quote]

it's only a problem on one side actually.

Biden recently said.. I got 2 words "Made in America" no outrage. Boebert or whatever her name is mocked him with I got 2 words.. Let's go Brandon. and was instantly attacked by the lefties on twitter. They completely got owned .
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [KKG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KKG wrote:

Biden recently said.. I got 2 words "Made in America" no outrage. Boebert or whatever her name is mocked him with I got 2 words.. Let's go Brandon. and was instantly attacked by the lefties on twitter. They completely got owned .

I remember when Pam Anderson said, “I have two words for you: champagne.” She’s so cool.

The problem is, of course, that we like Biden and Pam Anderson and we don’t like Lauren Fucking Boebert. It’s just because Lauren Fucking Boebert is part of the cabal of Republicans trying to kill our democracy. It’s simple, really. Who can’t figure this out?
Last edited by: Barks&Purrs: Oct 14, 22 7:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biden’s old. What’s boebert’s excuse?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KKG wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:

Somebody cannot make a metaphor without someone trying to use a literal definition and therefore attacking someone for being wrong.

Biden recently said.. I got 2 words "Made in America" no outrage. Boebert or whatever her name is mocked him with I got 2 words.. Let's go Brandon. and was instantly attacked by the lefties on twitter. They completely got owned .[/quote]

Wait, are you saying Biden wasn't attacked on Twitter?
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
Biden’s old. What’s boebert’s excuse?

I was prepared to pile on Biden because I don't think the president should be so clearly on the decline, which was apparent at election time but when the alternative is TFG what are you going to do, but it sounds like he was simply speaking metaphorically here.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I was prepared to pile on Biden because I don't think the president should be so clearly on the decline, which was apparent at election time but when the alternative is TFG what are you going to do, but it sounds like he was simply speaking metaphorically here.

In this case, I think biden was speaking metaphorically. He does make a lot of old people gaffes, and should not run for president in 2024. He did his job. The alternative in 2020 was trump. Trump is also a very old guy.

As one other poster said, I dont know what the right wants the left to apologize for. People voted for Biden because he wasnt trump. Trump is not a standard GOP member like romney, jeb bush, or even desantis. Trump literally wanted to over through the government, and will likely go down as a bottom three president of all time. Biden if he only goes for one term will be a middle of the road president. If you equalize these two we just cant have a normal conversation.

No one loves Joe Biden. Everyone else running in 2020 had baggage. We can certainly argue that better candidates need to run for president on the left. After HRC running, most people wanted an older white, mainstream - boring, dem to run. This was the best chance to beat trump. If Biden runs against anyone other than trump in 2024, I wont vote for Biden. I think this is how most people on the left feel.

Reagan had similar health issues while president, Wilson had strokes in office so did Eisenhower. Most people would also be fine with Biden stepping down now as he did his job.
Last edited by: sosayusall: Oct 14, 22 7:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KKG wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:

Somebody cannot make a metaphor without someone trying to use a literal definition and therefore attacking someone for being wrong.

Biden recently said.. I got 2 words "Made in America" no outrage. Boebert or whatever her name is mocked him with I got 2 words.. Let's go Brandon. and was instantly attacked by the lefties on twitter. They completely got owned .[/quote]
James Corden mocked Biden for saying that. Would guess other (liberal) late night hosts did too. Your problem is probably that you get all your information from right wing sources.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

ahh I saw it on Yahoo.. not exactly right wing, but nice try.
Last edited by: KKG: Oct 14, 22 9:46
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
https://wgntv.com/news/biden-asks-if-lawmaker-killed-in-august-accident-is-in-attendance-at-white-house-event?utm_source=wgntv_app&utm_medium=social&utm_content=share-link

At a certain point there needs to be acknowledgement that he's not all there.

Biden falsely claims he 'passed' his student loan handout 'by a vote or two' during White House youth forum (msn.com)

As a guy who put your post in the "gaffe" category I thought I would add his performance over the weekend........
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [Tylertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
windywave wrote:
https://wgntv.com/news/biden-asks-if-lawmaker-killed-in-august-accident-is-in-attendance-at-white-house-event?utm_source=wgntv_app&utm_medium=social&utm_content=share-link

Biden falsely claims he 'passed' his student loan handout 'by a vote or two' during White House youth forum (msn.com)

As a guy who put your post in the "gaffe" category I thought I would add his performance over the weekend........

I thought this was going to be the one where he comes close to falling asleep mid interview and has that glazed look in his eyes as he stammers around. Let's be serious. There are so many of these you just have to check the news for that day to see daily evidence of the reasons Joe should not be in office.

Taking it a step farther, once the R get the house and senate, due they use the 25th and impeach Joe and remove him from office? Could he be out of office by March of next year? Then it's Kamala time to show us what she has. More word salad???
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Come on guys [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Have you even read that amendment?

I have to question SDG's competence after that word salad of nonsensical statements. There is daily evidence that he is just not all there.

After the last couple years how does someone who has an opinion on every political topic not know how the 25th amendment works and not know that a scarce majority in Congress will never result in a successful removal by impeachment? It really makes me question his fitness to post.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:

Uh, maybe.

If not the 25th, they can just find a conversation he had they don't like and go after him for that. Once you are in power, it's all about investigations and impeachments. Committees, investigations, rinse repeat until they get the votes. The Dems took two shots at it.

I don't think a R majority in the house and senate is going to be fun for Biden regardless of what legal tools or processes are used.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
spudone wrote:

Uh, maybe.

If not the 25th, they can just find a conversation he had they don't like and go after him for that. Once you are in power, it's all about investigations and impeachments. Committees, investigations, rinse repeat until they get the votes. The Dems took two shots at it.

I don't think a R majority in the house and senate is going to be fun for Biden regardless of what legal tools or processes are used.

As a lifelong Republican, I always thought that the GOP stood for doing what's right for America. Apparently that is no longer important, and retribution is the most important, and only, thing.

It is sad as a Republican and an American.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
spudone wrote:

Uh, maybe.

Is that how you really feel? That the Dems took “two shots at” impeachment for essentially frivolous reasons?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
Tylertri wrote:
windywave wrote:

I thought this was going to be the one where he comes close to falling asleep mid interview and has that glazed look in his eyes as he stammers around. Let's be serious. There are so many of these you just have to check the news for that day to see daily evidence of the reasons Joe should not be in office.

Taking it a step farther, once the R get the house and senate, due they use the 25th and impeach Joe and remove him from office? Could he be out of office by March of next year? Then it's Kamala time to show us what she has. More word salad???

no. It's about his statement that his executive order to forgive student loans was a bill that passed by a vote or two.

It's a choice between blatant dishonesty or blatant incompetence.

This thread began by questioning his competency for forgetting a dead person was not in attendance at a function meant to honor her (among others). I opined it was a gaffe.

This statement is not a gaffe. It's a choice of one of the two above. Dishonesty or incompetence.

I'm looking forward to the elections in 2 weeks. I have no need or reason to remove Biden from office. I think he very clearly represents what the Dem party stands for and wants today. And I don't think they've thought through the issues they have going forward into 2024 in terms of who is then up for re-election and how they are going to deal with a Biden Harris campaign or lack there or.

But hey....... Trump!!! Jan 6th!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:

This statement is not a gaffe. It's a choice of one of the two above. Dishonesty or incompetence.

Point of order, a gaffe is not at all exclusive of incompetence! A gaffe usually requires some aspect of incompetence.

Quote:

Since *you* brought Trump up, Trump frequently made (dishonest/incompetent) "gaffes" of equal magnitude while President, and continues to make them on a regular basis to this day. Including about January 6th, where he says, apparently to this day, that he has evidence of massive fraud despite being told over and over that there is none. Which is either dishonesty or incompetence. One of the two. It's a choice. You have to pick one. And about an arguably more serious issue than the origin of the student loan forgiveness program...underpinning of U.S. system of government and all. And he's the leading contender for the 2024 GOP primary. So should be front and center on this issue if we're very, very concerned about troubling statements by presidents and presidential candidates.

Also Biden isn't threatening to kill people, including his own VP, while doubling down on his student loan origin gaffe. So there's that, too.
Last edited by: trail: Oct 24, 22 16:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tylertri wrote:
windywave wrote:

It is funny how your Fox link cherry picked that comment and left out the fact that he corrected himself a minute later

“Your administration moved to cancel billions of dollars in student loan debt through an executive action.”

Why do you think Fox News left that part out?
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:

No chance he's going to answer that.
Quote Reply
Re: Come on guys [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Tylertri wrote:

Point of order, a gaffe is not at all exclusive of incompetence! A gaffe usually requires some aspect of incompetence.

Quote:

Since *you* brought Trump up, Trump frequently made (dishonest/incompetent) "gaffes" of equal magnitude while President, and continues to make them on a regular basis to this day. Including about January 6th, where he says, apparently to this day, that he has evidence of massive fraud despite being told over and over that there is none. Which is either dishonesty or incompetence. One of the two. It's a choice. You have to pick one. And about an arguably more serious issue than the origin of the student loan forgiveness program...underpinning of U.S. system of government and all. And he's the leading contender for the 2024 GOP primary. So should be front and center on this issue if we're very, very concerned about troubling statements by presidents and presidential candidates.

Also Biden isn't threatening to kill people, including his own VP, while doubling down on his student loan origin gaffe. So there's that, too.

once again, you've set your bar really high. But but he's the same as Trump!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Nutella wrote:

1) you are correct I don't answer the mentally unstable
2) so just blatently incompetent then, huh?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Yup, Tyler will do what he always does. Throw rocks then run away and hide.

I find it odd that the usual folks lose their minds about Biden misspeaking about a policy detail but seldom address the actual policy. Personally, I think the EO was not only a waste of money but likely unconstitutional.
Quote Reply

Prev Next