Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [Raven1462] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know of any reason to use cranks longer than 155mm.
Last edited by: jimatbeyond: Sep 14, 22 20:59
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [Raven1462] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,
I messaged about the PRSIX2 but I have maybe an obvious question, is there a particular advantage/ disadvantage of the XPR in comparison?

Here are the numbers I was given...

Saddle angle nose down 1.1 degrees
Seat height 760

handlebar x/y 424/686
saddle x/y 229/682
Pad x/y 390/726

I'm 5'11 with a 33 in inseam.

So in doing some reading in this forum, it seems like my Pad X and Y are off and I have a suspicion of why. My first choice for fitter had a 5-6 month wait (and most were at least 2-3 months in my area) so I went with first available. He used my hybrid Giant measurements (which were set 10 years ago when buying it) with clip on aero bars as a starting point. He made several adjustments and I was quite comfortable throughout but he seemed to not want to push me beyond a certain point based on my previous configuration. So I think I am willing to take your guidance based on whatever you can get from the data we have. I will get on the schedule for my first choice fitter so I can adjust better in the spring.

Raven1462,
I think your Pad Y is probalby in the neighborhood of 640 and your Pad X is ~480. I'm sorry but the Giant Hybrid with clip-on assessment is not realisitc.

Based on that a PRsix2 in size 52 is so good. You've got a ton of range in the Pad Y (Pads up and down) to find your perfect spot and if you get this bike with the 90mm stem the Pad X (pads fore and aft) can range from 420 to 505.

The PRsix is a brilliant bike and the XPR is very sexy. I can prescribe the XPR too but I need some guidance from you first - are you looking at the XPR with...
  • 1-seventeen "mortal" stem with sonic or subsoic aerobars
  • QR Aero stem with Aeria Ultimate or sonic bars

That's 4 different front-end configurations.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

I hope all is well. I recently got a 54cm XPR WITH QR AERO STEM/PROFILE DESIGN AERIA ULTIMATE WING CARBON/ERGO 35C+ EXTENSIONS and I'd really appreciate if you could help (1) confirm this is the right size for me based on my fit data and (2) recommend how much I might need to raise the frontend (which profile design stack risers might I need?).

My most recent fit gave a saddle X-coordinate of 71.5cm, Y-coordinate of 17cm, saddle height 78cm, saddle setback 4cm, saddle to arm pad drop 7cm, saddle nose to arm pad 49cm tip to center, saddle nose to shifter 79cm, arm pad stack 70cm to top (measured from bottom bracket), arm pad reach 42.3cm to rear.

I will try to send an image of the fit file over twitter if possible as well.

Thanks so much (in advance),
Joey
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [joeycaffrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,

I hope all is well. I recently got a 54cm XPR WITH QR AERO STEM/PROFILE DESIGN AERIA ULTIMATE WING CARBON/ERGO 35C+ EXTENSIONS and I'd really appreciate if you could help (1) confirm this is the right size for me based on my fit data and (2) recommend how much I might need to raise the frontend (which profile design stack risers might I need?).

My most recent fit gave a saddle X-coordinate of 71.5cm, Y-coordinate of 17cm, saddle height 78cm, saddle setback 4cm, saddle to arm pad drop 7cm, saddle nose to arm pad 49cm tip to center, saddle nose to shifter 79cm, arm pad stack 70cm to top (measured from bottom bracket), arm pad reach 42.3cm to rear.

I will try to send an image of the fit file over twitter if possible as well.

Thanks so much (in advance)

Joey,
I so appreicate all this info because while stuff like set back, arm pad drop, cockpit distance are necessary for me to prescribe a bike they give a far better idea of how you comport yourself on the bike and gives me confidence that you're in a logical position. Using just the Pad Y of 700mm and Pad X of 423mm (to rear). So, here we go...

Firstly, yes this is the right size QR for you. You can also fit on a 56 but not as well and can be squeezed into the corner on a 58.5 and the 52 won't get to 700mm in Pad Y. So the 54 is the right one!

You're 54 will fit you...
If you got the 75mm QR aero stem then you need:
  • 20mm of spacer under the stem and 75mm of arm pad pedistal*. That nailes the Pad Y of 700mm.
  • Mount the pads 2 holes forward of 100% back back. This results in a Pad X of 422 - we'll take it!

If you got the 90mm stem then..
  • 20mm of spacer under the stem and 75mm of arm pad pedistal*. That nailes the Pad Y of 700mm.
  • Mount the pads 100% back towards the saddle in the shortest cockpit possible, again, a 423

If you go the 110mm stem... the Pad Y of 700 is the same as above but even with the pad all the way back the shortest the bike goes is 441.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian.

I have decided on a QR, just not sure which model yet. Probably a PRSix or a X-PR.

I am 5'9" and 85.9cm inseam. About 155lbs. Torso length 57.9cm & arm length 61.1cm.

Pad X: 480
Pad Y: 645
Setback: -45
Seat Height: 767

Thank you so much for your assistance!
Last edited by: swazi1: Sep 27, 22 10:33
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [swazi1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H
Quote:
i Ian.

I have decided on a QR, just not sure which model yet. Probably a PRSix or a X-PR.

I am 5'9" and 85.9cm inseam. About 155lbs. Torso length 57.9cm & arm length 61.1cm.

Pad X: 480
Pad Y: 645
Setback: -45
Seat Height: 767

Thank you so much for your assistance!

Swazi1,
Well, both those bikes are brilliant so you can't go wrong either way...
33+ inch inseam at 5'9" - okay, that's leggy. Almost makes me think your Pad X of 480 is measured to the middle of the pad??? I'm gonna presume so and prescribe from a Pad Y of 645 and a Pad X of 440 (most pads are ~80mm "long" so if I subtrack 40mm I should have a Pad X of 440 to back of pad).

If it's the PRsix... you should get the 52cm bike with a 90mm stem, position the arm pad bracket forward and mount the arm rest in the front hole. Then, there's a "clam shell" with the stem/bar clamp - put that in the mid position (one half of shell on top of base bar and one half below), add in 35mm of pedistal and you're dead-on 650. Here's the wonderful part - let's say I'm wrong about your Pad X and it really is 480 to rear - no worries, it's same bike, same stem but position the arm pad bracket rearward, mount the arm cup in the rear most position and you're at 480.

If it's the X-PR...you've got some choices to make in terms of which front end you choose:
1) Profile-Design 1-Seventeen Stem with PD Sonic 35A aerobars: "mortal" stem, aluminum aerobars, super easy to adjust.
2) PD 1-17 stem again but now with PD Supersonic Ergo 35SLC: "mortal" stem, carbon aerobars, my favorite bracket, brilliant
3) Quintana Roo Aero Stem with the PD Aeria Ultimate front end: "super" set up now with all lines hidden and very sexy.
- there's something to be said about BTA (Between The Aerobars) hydration that goes with these set ups. #3 has the super high-tech hydro thang while #s 1&2 have a more common BTA. Both give you want you need in terms a straw in the face as a constant reminder to drink, refillable, computer ready, etc.

If you do the PD 1-17, Sonic 35a's or the Sueprsonice (#1 or 2 above) get the 54cm with a 110mm stem set in the -17deg position, put 5mm spacer under the stem, 20mm in aerobar pedistal, then mount the pads dead center for 480 to rear and mount 'em all the way back for 440 or some where in between to find your spot

If you go with the QR aero stem and the Aeria Ultimate front end... get the 54cm bike with a 90mm stem. Now you have some choices to make: 1) put the clam shell doubled up below the base bar then add 20mm spacer under stem and 20mm of aerobar pedistal, 2) put the clam shell half above, half below and do 10mm of spacer under stem and 30mm pedistal, or 3) put both halfs of the clam shell atop the bar, slam the stem, and do 40mm of pedistal under the aerobar. All three of those prescriptions result in the same Pad Y of 645. Then pads are mounted slightly foward of center to get 480 or three holes in front of max-back to get 440.

Ian

PS. If it were an athletic racer it'd do #3 in the above paragraph and if it were a less skilled rider I'd do #1 in the above.

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:

Swazi1,
Well, both those bikes are brilliant so you can't go wrong either way...
33+ inch inseam at 5'9" - okay, that's leggy. Almost makes me think your Pad X of 480 is measured to the middle of the pad??? I'm gonna presume so and prescribe from a Pad Y of 645 and a Pad X of 440 (most pads are ~80mm "long" so if I subtrack 40mm I should have a Pad X of 440 to back of pad).

If it's the PRsix... you should get the 52cm bike with a 90mm stem, position the arm pad bracket forward and mount the arm rest in the front hole. Then, there's a "clam shell" with the stem/bar clamp - put that in the mid position (one half of shell on top of base bar and one half below), add in 35mm of pedistal and you're dead-on 650. Here's the wonderful part - let's say I'm wrong about your Pad X and it really is 480 to rear - no worries, it's same bike, same stem but position the arm pad bracket rearward, mount the arm cup in the rear most position and you're at 480.

If it's the X-PR...you've got some choices to make in terms of which front end you choose:
1) Profile-Design 1-Seventeen Stem with PD Sonic 35A aerobars: "mortal" stem, aluminum aerobars, super easy to adjust.
2) PD 1-17 stem again but now with PD Supersonic Ergo 35SLC: "mortal" stem, carbon aerobars, my favorite bracket, brilliant
3) Quintana Roo Aero Stem with the PD Aeria Ultimate front end: "super" set up now with all lines hidden and very sexy.
- there's something to be said about BTA (Between The Aerobars) hydration that goes with these set ups. #3 has the super high-tech hydro thang while #s 1&2 have a more common BTA. Both give you want you need in terms a straw in the face as a constant reminder to drink, refillable, computer ready, etc.

If you do the PD 1-17, Sonic 35a's or the Sueprsonice (#1 or 2 above) get the 54cm with a 110mm stem set in the -17deg position, put 5mm spacer under the stem, 20mm in aerobar pedistal, then mount the pads dead center for 480 to rear and mount 'em all the way back for 440 or some where in between to find your spot

If you go with the QR aero stem and the Aeria Ultimate front end... get the 54cm bike with a 90mm stem. Now you have some choices to make: 1) put the clam shell doubled up below the base bar then add 20mm spacer under stem and 20mm of aerobar pedistal, 2) put the clam shell half above, half below and do 10mm of spacer under stem and 30mm pedistal, or 3) put both halfs of the clam shell atop the bar, slam the stem, and do 40mm of pedistal under the aerobar. All three of those prescriptions result in the same Pad Y of 645. Then pads are mounted slightly foward of center to get 480 or three holes in front of max-back to get 440.

Ian

PS. If it were an athletic racer it'd do #3 in the above paragraph and if it were a less skilled rider I'd do #1 in the above.

Thank you for such a detailed response Ian.
Yes, I am all limbs and no body, and yes padX is to the middle of the pad. So I think everything you said is spot on.
Thanks again, it is so much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there Ian, I am hoping you all can help!

I have been riding a 51CM 2008 Orbea Ordu for about a year, looking to get an upgrade.
While I have made my bike work for me, I do think it is a little too small - here are the specs on it:

I am 175.25cm tall. Approx 81.28cm inseam.
I have never gotten a bike fitting before, but its mostly because I knew my bike wasn't the one I was going to keep for a long time, not to mention its always felt a little bit small.
I am a powerlifter who does duathlons/triathlons on the side - I really enjoy it, but I am not much of an "aero" person. Here's a picture from this past weekend's event:

Anyway - I have a chance to get my hands on a 54CM 2017 QR PR3 and am wondering if it would be too big for me?
I could measure out my current stack height and whatnot, but its probably not set correctly at the moment. While I don't have any pains while riding, the biggest problem I have found is that I don't feel like I have enough power in the aero position. My legs tend to have to flare out when they are at the top of the stroke because then they would hit my stomach. I am on 175mm cranks, I would imagine going down to 170 or lower is probably necessary as well - but would a bigger bike help offset this?

Let me know what you think - and thank you for your help!!!

-edit-
more info on aero position
Last edited by: Phishy714: Oct 3, 22 20:00
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [Phishy714] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phishy714,

Okay, there's a lot here and I'm glad you wrote.

I don't think it's a good idea to base a new bike purchase off of your current bike or current position. The bike is too shallow and by this I mean that the seat angle is 75deg. The bike is probalby too small and while we could, perhaps put a longer stem on it to extend the cockpit and do some other modifications I worry, in the end, the bike won't handle well becasue we're balancing your body beyond the frame.

I think your Pad Y is in the 625 range and your Pad X is roughly 470. But we can't use that approach for the 2017 PRthree because there were no Pad Y/X Prescribers made for that bike.

I do think the 2017 QR 54 PRthree would be a better fit for you. That bike could come to meet your contact points easier and in a more logical manner. But a bike fit would serve you so well. Let me know the area in which you live and I might have a fitter on my list who is close to you.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
Phishy714,

Okay, there's a lot here and I'm glad you wrote.

I don't think it's a good idea to base a new bike purchase off of your current bike or current position. The bike is too shallow and by this I mean that the seat angle is 75deg. The bike is probalby too small and while we could, perhaps put a longer stem on it to extend the cockpit and do some other modifications I worry, in the end, the bike won't handle well becasue we're balancing your body beyond the frame.

I think your Pad Y is in the 625 range and your Pad X is roughly 470. But we can't use that approach for the 2017 PRthree because there were no Pad Y/X Prescribers made for that bike.

I do think the 2017 QR 54 PRthree would be a better fit for you. That bike could come to meet your contact points easier and in a more logical manner. But a bike fit would serve you so well. Let me know the area in which you live and I might have a fitter on my list who is close to you.

Ian

Thank you so much for the response!!

Area code is 77386, Spring, TX which is a suburb of Houston.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian thank you so much once again for the info above.
I showed my wife and she wanted me to put her info on here to see if there is anything you can see.
She currently has a size Small QR Dulce from 2011. I was able to find this geometry chart for that year if its any help:

She is 5'4" (162.5cm) and has an inseam of 28" (71.1cm).
Her biggest issue is some knee pain and general comfort on the saddle. In the aero position, she gets a lot of pressure up front, so I've had to angle her seat down quite a bit to compensate. Not sure if this is the best solution for that. Currently riding on a Cobb Plus saddle. She was riding a 175mm crank, got her a 170 to see if that would help but she hasn't noticed much of a difference. I am wondering if she needs to go lower.

Just measured her bike - her Pad X is 425mm and her Pad Y is 675mm.
Any tips on what she should aim for would be greatly appreciated, and thank you so much once again!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [Phishy714] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She should be using 150mm cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
She should be using 150mm cranks.

Got it! We didn't want to make such a huge jump right off the bat, but I guess it's pretty necessary.

Any idea where we can get cranks that size?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rotor or Cobb.

Do you have any pictures or video of her riding in aero?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian,

I'm looking at either an X-PR or V-PR with the following fit coordinates:

Pad X (back of pad): 500
Pad Y (top of pad): 585, I have to pedastal my left side to 635 because my left humerus is shorter)
Pad Width (outside-to-outside): 290
Saddle Setback: 15
Saddle Height (at 165 cranks): 767

I'm discovering I'm an outlier and I'm finding very ew bikes that I can fit. Can I get that long and low on one of those frames with the Aeria Ultimate setup at the front?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,
I was fitted for a 54 or 56 PRFive 2 Disc, but I could have gone either way. My fitter said that 54 was the best. I wanted to get a second opinion on this.

Height: 179 cm
Inseam: 85.9 cm

Saddle Height: 75.8 cm
BB Center to Saddle Tip: 2.5cm
Stack: 67.5 cm
Armrest Width: 33 cm
Saddle to Shifter: 86 cm
Reach: 47.5 cm

I believe I am in between on the stack size.

Thank you for your help!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [DonutMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hello,
I was fitted for a 54 or 56 PRFive 2 Disc, but I could have gone either way. My fitter said that 54 was the best. I wanted to get a second opinion on this.

Height: 179 cm
Inseam: 85.9 cm

Saddle Height: 75.8 cm
BB Center to Saddle Tip: 2.5cm
Stack: 67.5 cm
Armrest Width: 33 cm
Saddle to Shifter: 86 cm
Reach: 47.5 cm

I believe I am in between on the stack size.

Thank you for your help!

DonutMan,
I'm on a life-mission to keep things clear. Remember, a Mars Rovers crashed into the planet's surface a while back 'cuz some of the big brains at JPL where calculating critical stuff in mm while some others on the same project via inches. So, brining this all brining this back to our world here: Stack and Reach are terms used to describe a place on a bike frame (the top, center of the frame's head tube) while Pad Y and Pad X (and, here I'm even avoiding the term Pad Stack and Pad Reach ) are terms used to prescribe not just a frame size but also the front end confirguration to arrive there. Thank you for surviving my rant!!

So, plowing ahead with Pad Y of 675 and Pad X of 475... you sure can fit on a few sizes, and that's true for lots of folks on lots of tri bikes now-a-days due to sizing overlaps but, in your case, the 56 is a far better fit than the 54. For you the prescription is...

Quintana Roo PRfive2, size 56, with a 90mm stem set in the -17 position, with 20mm of spacer set between the bottom of the stem and the top of the head tube and then 5mm of aerobar pedestal. That puts you at a Pad Y of 676. The, to get to 475 of Pad X the pads should be set "arm rest offset at -3.25". I put that last bit in quotes becasue that's QR's terminology to identify that pad location, if I want to common lanugage it would be "one hole forward of dead-center".

I like this set up a lot for you because it offers a good range of movement in all directions. I would be deeply foolish to override your fitter because they've seen you in person and I'm here in the ether... my calculations put your Pad X within 5mm of your fitter. That warms my hart. My assumption of your Pad Y are far different (I'm thinkin' 640, your fitter has you at 675). There's only about 30 reasons why 675 is right and 640 is wrong and some of them are impossible to change. BUT.... just incase... I'll add this: short cranks 160ish would be great and getting you out of the wind a bit, and this bike set up as it is now will allow you to pull out 25mm and drop it lower if/when you need it.

Get back to me here anytime with questions.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response. I asked to get a 165 crankset on the 54 so would that make it fit better than a 56?

I was also fitted for a 56 Cervelo P series. I know this is a QR thread but would the Cervelo be a better fit based off my info?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [DonutMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did your fitter try 155mm cranks?
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, only 165.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Thanks for the response. I asked to get a 165 crankset on the 54 so would that make it fit better than a 56?

Donutman,
The crank length doesn't really have a great effect on the size of bike or the front end coordinates. The crank length has an immediate effect on how comfortable you are at a lower arm pad elevation: long cranks require higher aerobars because the hip gets "pinched" at the top of the pedal circle if the pads are low. Generally, low pads are good - comfort can be found there, power can be found there, less drag is expected there. But we can't get very low if the crank arms are long. This is a hard truth for the aero position. It matters less in road, gravel, mtb, etc.

We're proceeding under the assumption that your Pad Y/X is 675/475. If we're talking about what bike and what size fits you...simply meets your position, hard stop. There are many bikes, many sizes. For example you can get those nubmers out of a QR PRfive in size 52, 54, 56, 58.5. I went to the next step in my thinking which included...
  • 675 seems to high to me, I suspect you'll ride lower in the future.
  • I never like to put someone in a corner fo the bike's capabilities and getting 675mm of Pad Y out of a 54cm QR PRfive is an extreme corner of it's capabilities.

That script I extended to you in the above post, the 56 with the 90mm stem, -17, +20mm, +5mm - that results in a Pad Y of 676 and a Pad X of 475... .AND.. it gives your room to move up, down, fore, aft.

Lastly, that other bike you asked about has an official fit thread here on ST, you can post there too. I'd like to share my criteria for buying a bike:
1) Does it fit and fit well in the middle of a range so you can move in the future?
2) Group Set & Price: I want Di2 or Ui2* and I want sexy wheels, and I want a fair price for all that (*Ultegra Di2)
3) Color: never ride a bike you think it ugly
4) Availability: this is kinda new, it's a post Covid thing, How long do you I have to wait?

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Mr. Murray,

The PRfive2 sizes I can find at Brazilian QR dealer are 56 and 54.
Your assistance on selecting the right frame size for me would be enormously appreciated.
The following are my specs:

height: 1.89m
inseam: 89.5cm
saddle height: 82cm

Regards from Brazil
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [Rodrigo Azeredo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Dear Mr. Murray,

The PRfive2 sizes I can find at Brazilian QR dealer are 56 and 54.
Your assistance on selecting the right frame size for me would be enormously appreciated.
The following are my specs:

height: 1.89m
inseam: 89.5cm
saddle height: 82cm

Regards from Brazil

Rodrigo,
Thanks for writing. You've got pretty long legs for your height and I'd guess your Pad Y to be around 670 and your Pad X to be ~500.

Both sizes will work but the 56 is preferable. The best set up is #1 and then nearly best is #2.
  1. QR PRfive2 size 56 with a 110 stem in the -17 degree position with 10mm spacer under stem and 5mm pedestal under aerobars. Then mount arm pads 1 hole forward of center. That yeilds a Pad Y/X of 672/505
  2. QR PRfive2 size 56 with a 90mm stem in the -17 degree position with a 10mm spacere under stem and 10mm under aerobar. Then push arm pads out one hole short of 100% forward. That yeilds 672/500

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr. Murray,
I greatly appreciate your help!
My best regards,
Rodrigo
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for the Quintana Roo PR Tri Bikes [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Ian,

I'm looking at either an X-PR or V-PR with the following fit coordinates:

Pad X (back of pad): 500
Pad Y (top of pad): 585, I have to pedastal my left side to 635 because my left humerus is shorter)
Pad Width (outside-to-outside): 290
Saddle Setback: 15
Saddle Height (at 165 cranks): 767

I'm discovering I'm an outlier and I'm finding very ew bikes that I can fit. Can I get that long and low on one of those frames with the Aeria Ultimate setup at the front?

AKCrafty,
Sorry I missed this one. You provide a solid challenge with the two Pad Ys... It won't happen on the V-PR with either arm pads options

As to the QR X-PR... if you got a 52 (and this is with Aeria Ultimate) you could run a 110stem with the "stem stack" at zero* and with 50mm of aerobar pedistal under one arm and zero under the other you'd arrive at your Pad Ys of 585-635. *That "stem stack" thing refers to this: the stem has a clam shell within the base bar clamp and you can put both sides of the clam shell atop the base bar and that pushes the base bar as low as it'll go. Then, to get your Pad X, mount the pads forward one hole shy of the max and you'll have 501.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply

Prev Next