Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Team ZOOT [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a email to apply for the team, but did not see it until after it closed. How much does joining the team cost? Do you just have to buy that seasons kit, and then you are in?

-jorge
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [jorgegr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jorgegr wrote:
I got a email to apply for the team, but did not see it until after it closed. How much does joining the team cost? Do you just have to buy that seasons kit, and then you are in?

-jorge

There is no "fee" to be on Team Zoot. They simply ask that you purchase a team kit. Purchasing the kit signals that you accept your spot on the team.

Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
jorgegr wrote:

-jorge

There is no "fee" to be on Team Zoot. They simply ask that you purchase a team kit. Purchasing the kit signals that you accept your spot on the team.

And kit is deeply discounted.
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
gregtay wrote:
jorgegr wrote:

-jorge

And kit is deeply discounted.

And it's super comfy and looks great... what not to love!

Quote | Reply
Got it you buy that seasons kit at a discount I would have applied but missed the email. After finishing my season with Ironman Santa Cruz - I section hiked part of the JMT and had no cell service for 5 days!

This season I was wearing the Zoot Kona Ice kit which looks very similar to this years team kit (people thought I was on the team) Maybe I will consider joining in 2024

-George
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to you and others that chimed in on kit fit. I ended up choosing the XL. I currently use a Pearl Izumi one piece zip up in size L and find the neck line gets a little constricted. Will be happy to report back on how the Zoot XL suit fits but of course won't know until it ships in March 2023!
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
STeaveA wrote:
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
hubcaps wrote:
The entire point of Team Zoot is to champion the pursuit of excellence in triathlon and foster a positive multisport community, we just happen to be wearing the best brand of kit out there ;)

I would say the entire point of Team Zoot is to grow Zoot's business and make more money.
While the goal for those in team zoot might be to "champion the pursuit of excellence" it is certainly not the reason behind zoot creating the team.

I am not necessarily arguing just clarifying the reason brands start things like this is very different then the stated mission.

I do have to say my admittedly very limited experience with people from Team Zoot has left a bad taste in my mouth. Several instances of triathletes who take themselves much too seriously for their own good and embodied everything I do not like about triathlon and come across as the self important triathlete and being on a "Team" only seems to impower them to be more egotistical.
(also 100% not saying you fall into that but so far that has been my experience)

Of course, all brand ambassador programs are structured to create a higher volume of sales by offering discounts to product. I was one of the three folks who created the Team back in 2013. Prior to that we were the Zoot Ultra Team, which was performance based. That started in 2006 and I joined in 2007. We had about 30 top AG'ers and young pro's. It was us and Team TIMEX. The ROI for the Ultra Team ws sort of hit and miss, some people were great at being representatives for ZOOT in their local communities and were influential others were not. So in 2012, Zoot wanted a change. At the time, I was very impressed watching what Wattie Ink. was doing with their team. They had far more people, showing up en mass at races and seemed like they were having a lot of fun and helping Wattie sell gear. So I suggested we model our AG team similar to theirs. That's how Team Zoot was born and the thinking behind it. I'm sorry you have had poor experiences with someTeam Zoot folks, in my experience taking themselves too seriously is a general triathlete issue not unique to an specific team.

100% agree that “taking themselves too seriously” is not unique to any specific team, but IMHO it does seem much more predominant with people on teams :-) This attitude is not enjoyable to be around, and discourages a lot of people from continuing with the sport. I would love to see Team Zoot, and Wattie Ink, and… to make a point of emphasis to tone this down, by reminding team members that there is nothing special, and no super powers for being a triathlete- it is one of literally hundreds of sports, and no better or worse than any of them. Have fun, make friends, but check your ego and arrogance at the door!
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:

Be kind and race in the kit is all we require. If that doesn't work for some folks, no worries, but it's not a big ask.

It seems like Team Zoot is already doing what you (IntenseOne) suggest.......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IntenseOne wrote:
100% agree that “taking themselves too seriously” is not unique to any specific team, but IMHO it does seem much more predominant with people on teams :-) This attitude is not enjoyable to be around, and discourages a lot of people from continuing with the sport. I would love to see Team Zoot, and Wattie Ink, and… to make a point of emphasis to tone this down, by reminding team members that there is nothing special, and no super powers for being a triathlete- it is one of literally hundreds of sports, and no better or worse than any of them. Have fun, make friends, but check your ego and arrogance at the door!

I'm going into year 4 on Team Zoot, and have not yet met anybody that hasn't been cool. Maybe that's just a product of my region. But the reason I wanted to join Team Zoot in the first place was because when I was a little baby triathlete I saw all of these Zooters out on the course, cheering each other on and lifting each other up, and I wanted to be part of that since I do most of my stuff solo.

Now that I'm on the team, one of my favorite parts of racing is being the guy that I saw others being. The kit being dope and the discounts being deep is just an added benefit.
Quote Reply
Re: Team ZOOT [BowwwwBallll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BowwwwBallll wrote:
IntenseOne wrote:

I'm going into year 4 on Team Zoot, and have not yet met anybody that hasn't been cool. Maybe that's just a product of my region. But the reason I wanted to join Team Zoot in the first place was because when I was a little baby triathlete I saw all of these Zooters out on the course, cheering each other on and lifting each other up, and I wanted to be part of that since I do most of my stuff solo.

Now that I'm on the team, one of my favorite parts of racing is being the guy that I saw others being. The kit being dope and the discounts being deep is just an added benefit.

Yeah, Team Zoot isn’t a super competitive team
(Although it has some fast athletes too). And I agree that team is super supportive of each other when racing. I haven’t experienced any ego whatsoever. Could there be some? I’m sure, as with any triathletes (or humans for that matter). But, Zoot makes a specific point for team members to behave well and team members seem to either fall in line or they just generally don’t have the big egos to start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi fellow Team Zoot members.

Happy to join Team Zoot Europe for the second year. Just received my team gear yesterday.

I have a question to all US team members. Does any one want to trade their US thermo team hoodie (Mens LTD Run Thermo Hoodie - Team Zoot 2023) for the EU version?

I have ordered two because I really want a US and a EU version of the hoodie and hoping to trade one with a US fellow team member 😃

It is a size M
Quote Reply

Prev Next