Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: why is no one talking about Annemiek Van Vleuten? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Annemiek Van Vleuten who? No demand to watch Men's P12 on TV and same with women who are just as fast. Next topic, WNBA .... naptime.
Quote Reply
Re: why is no one talking about Annemiek Van Vleuten? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I'm thinking a broken elbow - even a hairline fracture - is like a broken rib; it doesn't hurt often (just annoying, mostly), but when it hurts ... it hurts like a motherfucker!!!

Trust me on the rib-thing

I will politely disagree.
As someone who works in pain management for a living, and has been through more than my fair share of fractures, most fractures hurt like buggery and the vibration etc through a bike can make it really hard. I don’t think we know much yet about what her actual fracture is, but the swelling etc around the periosteum can be incredibly painful.
Ribs are an interesting one, they are stabilized pretty well by a number of muscle groups and you can splint and avoid aggravating them too much.
That she could race at all obviously points to something at the more mild end of the spectrum, but it’s still bad ass nonetheless.
(Coming from someone who put a pull buoy in and did the traditional Xmas 100x100s on 100 sec on an acute fractured tibia)
Quote Reply
Re: why is no one talking about Annemiek Van Vleuten? [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amnesia, you sound about as soft as Annemiek, doing the 100x100s with a fractured tibia ... (why isn't there a facetious font ...)
Amnesia wrote:
RandMart wrote:
I'm thinking a broken elbow - even a hairline fracture - is like a broken rib; it doesn't hurt often (just annoying, mostly), but when it hurts ... it hurts like a motherfucker!!!

As someone who works in pain management for a living, and has been through more than my fair share of fractures, most fractures hurt like buggery and the vibration etc through a bike can make it really hard. I don’t think we know much yet about what her actual fracture is, but the swelling etc around the periosteum can be incredibly painful.
Ribs are an interesting one, they are stabilized pretty well by a number of muscle groups and you can splint and avoid aggravating them too much.
That she could race at all obviously points to something at the more mild end of the spectrum, but it’s still bad ass nonetheless.
(Coming from someone who put a pull buoy in and did the traditional Xmas 100x100s on 100 sec on an acute fractured tibia)

"Find a way, not an excuse". Goony, Kona, 2009
Quote Reply
Re: why is no one talking about Annemiek Van Vleuten? [p3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
p3 wrote:
Annemiek Van Vleuten who? No demand to watch Men's P12 on TV and same with women who are just as fast. Next topic, WNBA .... naptime.

P12? Are you referring to USA Cycling (mostly) amateur racing categories? Annemiek is several levels above that. World Tour viewership seems to be doing pretty well, particularly the women. Apparently 45% of Dutch watching TV were tuned into the Tour de France Femmes.

Though it's amusing seeing someone on a triathlon site using "how popular they are on TV" as a measuring stick for value as an athlete.

If interested, there's a CX World Cup coming to Arkansas again. Going to be some ballers, men and women.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 30, 22 4:35
Quote Reply
Re: why is no one talking about Annemiek Van Vleuten? [teaandstuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teaandstuff wrote:
Amnesia, you sound about as soft as Annemiek, doing the 100x100s with a fractured tibia ... (why isn't there a facetious font ...)
Amnesia wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Yes this was not my finest moment!! It was a bit bloody silly. I was on 4 weeks of strict bedrest soon after that to allow some healing to take place and avoid a tibial nail.
Quote Reply
Re: why is no one talking about Annemiek Van Vleuten? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
p3 wrote:

P12? Are you referring to USA Cycling (mostly) amateur racing categories? Annemiek is several levels above that. World Tour viewership seems to be doing pretty well, particularly the women. Apparently 45% of Dutch watching TV were tuned into the Tour de France Femmes.

Though it's amusing seeing someone on a triathlon site using "how popular they are on TV" as a measuring stick for value as an athlete.

If interested, there's a CX World Cup coming to Arkansas again. Going to be some ballers, men and women.

Dutch? And just because 70% of people in India watch cricket, doesn't make it "popular" in America. But keep hyping up Annemiek and maybe you'll push up her clout from .5% to 1%. Any news in the WNBA that we can discuss?
Quote Reply
Re: why is no one talking about Annemiek Van Vleuten? [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh dear. Well, it didn't kill you, so it clearly made you stronger. Or more deranged. Or something.

And I don't know any ins or outs, but by it's very name I would say a tibial nail is something to be avoided, yes.

Amnesia wrote:
teaandstuff wrote:
Amnesia wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Yes this was not my finest moment!! It was a bit bloody silly. I was on 4 weeks of strict bedrest soon after that to allow some healing to take place and avoid a tibial nail.

"Find a way, not an excuse". Goony, Kona, 2009
Quote Reply

Prev Next