Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training and Expecting
Quote | Reply
Hello all,

Couple here, asking to see if there are other training couples, and what your experiences have been balancing having a kid, and supporting eachother in training and racing. Has that been possible for you both? Just for one of you? Neither of you? Both of us own our own small buisnesses, so, we have some flexibility, but also have demands that go along with that to balance. Wife works from home, I own/opperate a preschool (18 months and up)

We previously have raced halfs, and had origionally planned for next year to be filled with bike packing, ultracycling, and racing sprints and Olympics. Figuring plans will be adjusted... Most of what we have read has been couples, where one trains, the other parents. Trying to find a middle ground, or at least hear from those that have tried.
Thanks all!

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: Training and Expecting [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have three kids and both train 5-6 times a week. We each do a few races per year. Typically I do only local running races but husband still travels for swimming and swimrun competitions.

You wrote expecting, do you already have a child?

We take turns training during the week, mostly late at night. Whatever training/time away from home you want for yourself, make sure you can provide the same for your wife. Looking after your own child shouldn't be viewed as doing your wife a favor. I'm basing this advice on some of the threads I've seen on the main forum.
Quote Reply
Re: Training and Expecting [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate the advice! That sounds like a similar set of expectations that we are setting for our selves. Glad to hear there is some structure with in that for you.

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply