Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bicycle recommendation for 7yo? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! What a response. We bought it used, from another family, then gifted it to another family…..not that it is any if your business.
Quote Reply
Re: Bicycle recommendation for 7yo? [dbg0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Islabikes also has a Facebook page for buying used Islabikes. There’s a USA one and a UK Facebook one. Not sure of your budget, but if can find one of their discontinued pro series bikes, they made mountain and road/cross, those are *really* nice and they hold their value well, for when it’s resale time.

https://www.bikeradar.com/...-tech-to-kids-bikes/
Quote Reply
Re: Bicycle recommendation for 7yo? [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was looking for my gravel bike, and was lamenting about how I was struggling to find a bike to fit my short 75cm inseam - someone had suggested I look at kids bikes. The problem (mine) was that I wanted electronic shifting and carbon, which wasn't really an option on a kids bike.

I've never heard of Isla bikes - I just took a look at the site and it is a really great option for kids wanting a good gravel/cyclocross bike. I'm dying laughing here because my inseam fits perfectly in the Kid's size small (for ages 11+). I might actually have a little stand-over room on that size and not sit on the top tube like I do for my XS adult gravel bike. Just like for adult sizing, I feel like there might be something wrong with bike sizing in general that someone who is an average size female adult (between 5'3"-5'4") would fit best in a size small meant for KIDS.
Quote Reply
Re: Bicycle recommendation for 7yo? [dbg0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My grandson enjoying his Trailcraft. As I mentioned above, it was a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a 6 year old. If it leads to a lifelong love of cycling, I'll consider it money well spent.

Quote Reply

Prev Next