Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
GP 5000 TT
Quote | Reply
I've been waiting for a post on this for couple days. Did I miss it or is everybody just waiting for tests to come out? 17 seconds saved per 40k according to Conti, so 2 watts and some on the GP 5000 S TR, beating the Corsa Speed, maybe not the Veloflex Record depending on who you listen to. Thread will be thinner, but if they are more puncture resistant than the Corsa Speed, which they should, they'll have a winner.
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runorama wrote:
I've been waiting for a post on this for couple days. Did I miss it or is everybody just waiting for tests to come out? 17 seconds saved per 40k according to Conti, so 2 watts and some on the GP 5000 S TR, beating the Corsa Speed, maybe not the Veloflex Record depending on who you listen to. Thread will be thinner, but if they are more puncture resistant than the Corsa Speed, which they should, they'll have a winner.

Will check them out. I used to have the Conti Podium TT tubs which were a quick tyre.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runorama wrote:
I beating the Corsa Speed, maybe not the Veloflex Record
Corsa Speed is faster than Veloflex Record, so if it beats Corsa how come it may not beat Veloflex Record?
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except it is not faster per Aerocoach RR data. Not even close.

https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/...ling-resistance-data
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [dross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dross wrote:

You are like 2 years late.... It is not fastest tire like few years..

"Veloflex renewed all their tires in Q3 2020 and the Record now makes use of a "natural rubber and silica" compound instead of the "natural rubber exclusive" compound that was used before Q3 2020. The use of silica increases wet grip but it comes at the cost of a 10-15% increase in rolling resistance."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good info. Thanks for the update.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runorama wrote:

Aren’t the improved numbers for the GP 5000s TR doubted, thus the improvement for the “special edition” GP 5000s TT TdF2022 then even more in doubt?
All searches only give availability from German sites and only 25mm sizing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ksavostin wrote:
dross wrote:

You are like 2 years late.... It is not fastest tire like few years..

"Veloflex renewed all their tires in Q3 2020 and the Record now makes use of a "natural rubber and silica" compound instead of the "natural rubber exclusive" compound that was used before Q3 2020. The use of silica increases wet grip but it comes at the cost of a 10-15% increase in rolling resistance."

You're slighlty obtuse. You're quoting BRR, but it's been mentionned to you Aerocoach tested the VR faster. Aerocoach tested both compounds and the difference was insignifiant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We shall know pretty soon whether the record is actually faster thanks to Rob84.
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=7740243
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [Holderbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's still the fastest tire, just not by a large margin.
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw the new GP 5000 TT for saw on a euro site. €99.90.

Edit: already coming down it price! €83.61
https://r2-bike.com/...aker-Limited-Edition
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Jul 10, 22 19:45
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ends up going back up to 99 euro/tire after you factor in shipping, but not the end of the world for a top end race tire.

Mine were shipped this morning, will try them next week hopefully.

Re: GP 5000 TT [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are the doubts popping up? I'm moving towards the newest 5000s and would be interested to see any tests showing a noticeable gap to the corsa speeds.
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [carrag340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carrag340 wrote:
Where are the doubts popping up? I'm moving towards the newest 5000s and would be interested to see any tests showing a noticeable gap to the corsa speeds.

5 watts slower

blog
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I missed that one. Looking forward to a 3rd major tester to see if any of the differences between aerocoach and brr can be settled. I've had good luck with corsas, so I should probably stick with the unbroken thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just for clarity - The Continental Grand Prix TT and the Continental Grand Prix 5000TT TDF are not the same tire.
The latter is the newest, lighter version of the tubeless GP5000S TR, and I believe neither BRR nor Aerocoach has tested it. It was on a number of this year's TDF Stage 1 TT bikes. However, underdog Lampaert won (in very wet conditions) riding Specialized's newest also-not-yet-available tires.
Last edited by: Hanginon: Jul 12, 22 8:10
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [Hanginon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hanginon wrote:
Just for clarity - The Continental Grand Prix TT and the Continental Grand Prix 5000TT TDF are not the same tire.
The latter is the newest, lighter version of the tubeless GP5000S TR, and I believe neither BRR nor Aerocoach has tested it. It was on a number of this year's TDF Stage 1 TT bikes. However, underdog Lampaert won (in very wet conditions) riding Specialized's newest also-not-yet-available tires.

We're on it but haven't got hold of them yet, UK distributor is being slow!

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xavier wrote:
Hanginon wrote:

We're on it but haven't got hold of them yet, UK distributor is being slow!

What are you playing at Xav! :-p

I dont think it is as good as a Veloflex or Vittoria but it isnt very far away and as a TT specific tyre it could be more aero (rim dependant). Be interesting to see if you get the same results.

Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [Holderbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holderbert wrote:
We shall know pretty soon whether the record is actually faster thanks to Rob84.

I did my simple roller test of the Corsa Speed vs the Veloflex Record. The Records I got are the newer version with the slightly rougher texture. The Veloflex is a stupidly fast tire.
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice thread -

Corsa Speed, Veloflex Record, GrandPrix 5000TT TDF, and maybe later... the newest Specialized tire Lampaert rode (which, not to marginalize his bike handling skills, is obviously good in the wet).

As the opinions/tests are posted, please state what size tire, and if a latex tube was used or how much sealant.

Selfish request because in my most recent 10K TT, the difference between 2nd and 3rd (Me) was .23 second - that's 23 one hundredths of a second!
Last edited by: Hanginon: Jul 14, 22 4:23
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Holderbert wrote:

I did my simple roller test of the Corsa Speed vs the Veloflex Record. The Records I got are the newer version with the slightly rougher texture. The Veloflex is a stupidly fast tire.

I do wish they’d make it in something other than 23mm. I have a lot of the first gen/sick tread Records but 23mm is too skinny to run on Hed Vanquish.

Re: GP 5000 TT [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:
Holderbert wrote:

I do wish they’d make it in something other than 23mm. I have a lot of the first gen/sick tread Records but 23mm is too skinny to run on Hed Vanquish.

We are getting way off topic, but I am not sure I would say the 23 is too narrow for the Vanquish. The Knot wheels from Cannondale are based on the HED patent and have the same 21mm internal width. The SystemSix ships with 23mm Vittorias and Cannondale designed and tested their rim for that specific tire and claim that it is best with the 23.
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [Hanginon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hanginon wrote:
Nice thread -

Corsa Speed, Veloflex Record, GrandPrix 5000TT TDF, and maybe later... the newest Specialized tire Lampaert rode (which, not to marginalize his bike handling skills, is obviously good in the wet).

As the opinions/tests are posted, please state what size tire, and if a latex tube was used or how much sealant.

Selfish request because in my most recent 10K TT, the difference between 2nd and 3rd (Me) was .23 second - that's 23 one hundredths of a second!

I tested the GP5000TT with a latex tube, mainly because it is much easier when swapping between tyres but also because I use a Quarq tyrewiz for pressure measurement and I didnt want to get sealant in it. I think this model is only available in 25mm.
Veloflex (with a slick surface) in 23mm with a latex tube
Vittoria Corsa Speed 2.0 in 25mm with a latex tube

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [bob tobin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did they do?
Quote Reply
Re: GP 5000 TT [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently, Tom Pidcock's unbelievable 62mph Stage 12 descent yesterday was done on GP 5000S TR tires.

Gotta love the new tech - Life is good!
Quote Reply

Prev Next