Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: No interest in World Triathlon? [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I respect and appreciate your POV on one thread regarding ITU racing; however, can you imagine one thread on anything Ironman related? Or, how about even one thread on Lionel? I posted my question very specific regarding "what has happened to the interest in ITU/World Triathlon?" I am trying to better understand, so that answers, suggestions can be made to World Tri to improve their reach; which, to be honest, is quite poor. If I simply tagged it onto the general ITU thread leading up to Paris, it would have been lost.

No biggie, just trying to learn from the large ST community, which has seemingly lost interest in the WT events. This past weekend in Montreal, for example, even less discussion than Leeds. Plus it was the Age-Group World Championships. I guess ST has shifted even further toward Ironman events, followed by Super League/PTO, and then Challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: No interest in World Triathlon? [5430tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5430tri wrote:
I am trying to better understand, so that answers, suggestions can be made to World Tri to improve their reach; which, to be honest, is quite poor. If I simply tagged it onto the general ITU thread leading up to Paris, it would have been lost.

Just in case this was a misunderstanding: I absolutely DO want you to start new threads. What I find strange is that we have a single thread and it seems many people can't be arsed to look for the particular topic of their interest in that thread. I certainly can't. Perhaps many hesitate to open new threads. I'm glad you didn't.

World Tri isn't doing a good job improving their reach, for sure, but I would hope the lack of visible interest on ST doesn't reflect the (somewhat greater) overall interest in short course.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Jun 30, 22 0:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there was a North American male winning races interest in ITU would shoot up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5430tri wrote:
I posted my thoughts on the decreasing interest in World Triathlon events after the first WTCS race in Yokohama a few weeks ago. Now, the best Olympic triathlon athletes in the world are racing in Montreal this weekend (it began yesterday), and there has been ZERO discussion or apparent interest in the ST community. I know there's an "Official (formerly) ITU leading to 2024 discussion" thread here; but, even that has been void of any discussion re: Montreal over the past 24-36 hours.

In addition, Montreal is hosting the Age-Group World Championships, among other events (Juniors, Mixed Relay, etc), and still no interest, no discussion.

Question: thoughts on why this lack of interest/engagement? It used to be quite robust. What does World Triathlon need to do to get more interest from the age-group (and ST) community?

I think that the current formate of the WTS is not the best.

There are many races which provide points, not the best go to all races. In this case, the first race of the year, and the current champion and current olympic champion was not in the field.

I think that the number of races should be lower, or all races shall count.. and maybe: the first race shall count double as the last. So the first race would be the "start of the season", it would have some expectation...

In summary... why I should take interest in a race, if the best triathlete is not in?
Quote Reply

Prev Next