Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, first world problem annoyance, but on these it annoys me the fork spacers for the stem..........the bolt countersinks aren't perfectly round. So the bolt heads don't seat right from the factory. They loosen and fall out. I bought replacements and blue loctite, the removable kind.........but still. C'mon.....
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you to both who replied!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried putting 28c GP5000's on the bike? I know they'll fit on the front fork, but I was wondering if there's enough clearance in the rear.

Bonus points if you are running a set of HED's belgium/ardennes/jets.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up my 2017 Advanced Pro from the bike shop where I paid to have Di2 installed. I provided the schematics from the GIANT manual on how to route Di2 cables and the required lengths and asked them to route the wires internally as shown. When I went to pick up my bike today, this is what I got back. The tech said that he tried to route the cable internally through the handlebars and the stem, but that there was no way to get the cable back to the bento box, so he did it as shown below. From everything I've seen, I thought that there was a way to route the Di2 cables through the aerobar, around the neck and below the stem and up into the bento box. Could anyone tell me or provide a photo of how you were able internally route the Di2 cable? I'm happy that Di2 works on my bike, I just thought it was going to look like the other Trinitys that I saw.
Last edited by: Willard: Jun 26, 22 14:55
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Willard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There should be a junction box under the risers on the headtube of the stem. Some of the extensions and brake shifter wires go to that with one somewhere inline with the Bluetooth thingy.

From there, a wire goes thru the oval hole in the frame that is at the top behind the metal headtube spacers on the fork. From inside there it pops back up thru the hole by the bento at the junction with the button on it.

Not even cables in the stem per se. Its all behind the metal stack fork spacer things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't have any advice, but I'd be frustrated if that was my bike. Why didn't he send the wires through the bar ends? Did he creat a hole in the side of the bar?

Hope you get it resolved. Was the mech an experienced one? Did he pass it off on someone else?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
There should be a junction box under the risers on the headtube of the stem. Some of the extensions and brake shifter wires go to that with one somewhere inline with the Bluetooth thingy.

From there, a wire goes thru the oval hole in the frame that is at the top behind the metal headtube spacers on the fork. From inside there it pops back up thru the hole by the bento at the junction with the button on it.

Not even cables in the stem per se. Its all behind the metal stack fork spacer things.

Thanks, that makes sense now that I look at the bike and watch some videos online of Di2 installation on the Trinity Pro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Willard wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

Thanks, that makes sense now that I look at the bike and watch some videos online of Di2 installation on the Trinity Pro.

It's a pain to do, but the wire for each extension goes thru that hole that's on each side of the little aero stack spacers where they meet the basebar. From there they go inside the basebar to the center mounting point for the basebar and out the bottom of the basebar towards that front headtube area to meetup with the jn box. Forgot to mention that part if you redo it.

I had mine 100% apart in that area to install my Carbonwasp bars and for what you have there you could do it yourself if you had to. I would assume the hard part is whatever is coming up from the downtube to meet that button j-box in the bento. The stuff from the basebar/extension/brake area IMO when I've done it is about a 15-20min job.

The shifters make most of the journey in the base bars? If they at least make it to the first hole near the stack spacers you can use a longer o-ring style "pick" to pull it the rest of the way into the basebar and out the bottom center to the headtube front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Have anyone tried and mount the UCI legal steem on the tri fork and succeded?

Yours sincerely
- J
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JBL_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JBL_ wrote:
Hi,

Yours sincerely
- J

No idea but do know the "giant bike parts spares" website sells it as a whole "UCI upgrade kit" including fork, basebar, stem.

That would lead me to believe the answer is you cannot. I bet the fork's steerer metal piece is a different height for the same frame size fork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
JBL_ wrote:
Hi,

Yours sincerely
- J

No idea but do know the "giant bike parts spares" website sells it as a whole "UCI upgrade kit" including fork, basebar, stem.

That would lead me to believe the answer is you cannot. I bet the fork's steerer metal piece is a different height for the same frame size fork.

Yes its a different hight, the Tri steem uses 2 bolts and the UCI one. But the fork is cutted at the factory "Giant" told me so its possible to cut it once more. But also heard that the UCI fork have different angle (?) compared to the Tri fork. Hence the Q if someone have dared to try and hack it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all, I have a 2021 Giant Trinity with rim brakes. Has anyone mounted a 26mm rear tire?
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Skipp80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skipp80 wrote:
Hi all, I have a 2021 Giant Trinity with rim brakes. Has anyone mounted a 26mm rear tire?
thanks

A 25mm isn't even close to causing problems. 26mm should be fine. But I have to ask, in terms of CRR and aero, why a 26mm tire? I cannot think of a 26mm tire I would run in training or racing for multisport or for single sport time trial.

If you're buying those tires, I'd be curious what they are and why versus just going GP5000/Vittoria/Michelin TT tires. The Specialized and Pirelli's are on down the list of CRR, and I don't see any real benefit to using them over the other offerings that are in 25mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Skipp80 wrote:

thanks

A 25mm isn't even close to causing problems. 26mm should be fine. But I have to ask, in terms of CRR and aero, why a 26mm tire? I cannot think of a 26mm tire I would run in training or racing for multisport or for single sport time trial.

If you're buying those tires, I'd be curious what they are and why versus just going GP5000/Vittoria/Michelin TT tires. The Specialized and Pirelli's are on down the list of CRR, and I don't see any real benefit to using them over the other offerings that are in 25mm.

Good question. I have always used conti 4000's (clinchers) but have slowly migrated over to tubeless. I have a set of Conti 5000's (TR) on my current race wheels (disc + 60mm front) but I am doubtful they will make the transition to my other set of rims. Used tires are so bad in my experience to reinstall tubeless, so I already have a 26mm S-works at home (new). I will attempt the conti's but if it's unsuccessful I will go with the s-works.

Not sure how scientific/reliable this study was but I used this chart.
https://www.velonews.com/where-the-rubber-meets-the-road-what-makes-cycling-tires-fast/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you mount or hide the sram etap blib box?

In the manual there is only di2

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have mine in the bento box . Used some double sided Velcro and it’s firs nicely in the front

I can send a pic if u want
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes please send it, thanks

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

See if this works. I changed the bars to Drag2zero so they were too long for me to route the wires through the basebar - stem - toptube. That is is the cleanest setup so I have the two wires coming over the top of the stem. Still pretty clean.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello !

I'm looking for an opportunity to shorten my position on my Giant Trinity Advanced Pro TT frame size M, year 2018. If I understand it correctly, the frame came with 90mm stem, however, newer models, since 2020 are supplied with 80mm stems regardless the frame size. So, my thinking would be to replace the stem from the newer models. However, I'm not 100% sure if that would fit; but also I'm not sure if that would actually give me a shortened effected, based on what I could find on the web.
If someone here has a UCI TT version with 80mm stem, could you please post a total physical dimension of it here? Any pictures would be appreciated a lot ))

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [vassiliyg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vassiliyg wrote:
Hello !

I'm looking for an opportunity to shorten my position on my Giant Trinity Advanced Pro TT frame size M, year 2018. If I understand it correctly, the frame came with 90mm stem, however, newer models, since 2020 are supplied with 80mm stems regardless the frame size. So, my thinking would be to replace the stem from the newer models. However, I'm not 100% sure if that would fit; but also I'm not sure if that would actually give me a shortened effected, based on what I could find on the web.
If someone here has a UCI TT version with 80mm stem, could you please post a total physical dimension of it here? Any pictures would be appreciated a lot ))

Thanks!

10mm isn't much. You're out of space shifting your pads back and poles back? If so, research some aftermarket pads perhaps that would allow more reach adjustment. Then you've got nicer pads and the reach you want. Versus the stem change.

Also, the pro models have the stem/nosecone paired up. So it's not a "stem". If this is the case the lower piece of the nose cone riser would also be required to match the upper half of the "stem" or nose.

Do you have a standard clamping stem like a normal bike, or is there a lot of custom looking pieces on the front of your fork? The pro models have the later and you'd need both pieces.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
10mm isn't much. You're out of space shifting your pads back and poles back? If so, research some aftermarket pads perhaps that would allow more reach adjustment. Then you've got nicer pads and the reach you want. Versus the stem change.

Also, the pro models have the stem/nosecone paired up. So it's not a "stem". If this is the case the lower piece of the nose cone riser would also be required to match the upper half of the "stem" or nose.

Do you have a standard clamping stem like a normal bike, or is there a lot of custom looking pieces on the front of your fork? The pro models have the later and you'd need both pieces.

yes, this is specific trinity stem assembly, exactly as listed here: https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-43372

reach indeed could be adjusted by different options, but I'd like to have a cleaner look and this option is also not that expensive... Since it comes as an assembly, i.e. upper and lower parts, and lower part stacks with middle parts (depends on frame size), that's raises a concern for me... but, it should fin, as it is the same stem for all models since 2020. I'm almost ready to order it, just want to receive a final visual confirmation that it will indeed be 10mm shorter )))
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [vassiliyg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience in converting the TT Version of the trinity to a Tri version?

Or a way of holding the Hydration system on the TT Model
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Danoconnor1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danoconnor1 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience in converting the TT Version of the trinity to a Tri version?

Or a way of holding the Hydration system on the TT Model

The hydration system still works. Install with same instructions but you may have to swap position of two of the front fork stack metal things to get the bolt hole in the right vertical spot for the hydration lower mount. Then the only drawback is that due to it being the TT version that fancy lower wheel top hugging plastic piece that goes on the bottom of the bottle you cannot install. It just stays "ugly".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It actually depends on the size of your frame. I have a medium frame, so I only have 1 spacer on the front of the stem. I was able to get it fitted with an XS aerovault system (including the bottom plastic piece) but had to make a custom metal bracket to hold it at the bottom as the one it came with did not fit with the space placement. I also tried changing the stem to the tri version, but it did not work, they are different angles so the stem bolt did not align with the fork hole. Even if it had, there is not a combination of spacers that would have fit. You would also need a new base bar for the tri stem, as it is wider. I did not go as far as trying to change out the fork too, that would be the next logical step but I think the current setup is fine as I dont use the bento and I do regular TTs so I just have to take off the 2 pieces.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [r0wdiggity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How bad are the default brakes on the Trinity?

I see it mentioned almost every time you see a review of the bike even in the last couple of days with regards to Iden and him winning Kona on it.

Is it not possible to upgrade the pads to something better to improve them?

I'm asking because I am an absolute pu55y on the bike in even remotely adverse conditions đŸ˜‚ so would want to feel like the brakes were at least 'ok'
Quote Reply

Prev Next