Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3 ttt ahero bars
Quote | Reply
For those with ahero bars how did you run your brake and shifters? I am thinking of running the brake cables inside,but it looks like some drilling involved.Any ideas? Randall
Quote Reply
Re: 3 ttt ahero bars [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no drilling, it is a bit tricky but only takes about 1 hour.

you need to feed the brake housing through the inner bar out towards the levers. once it's fed through you install the levers and run the cable back through. i cut the bar ends down because they were too long. be sure to replace the bolts that connect the armrests to the base bar or it will come off while riding. you can get them at home depot, 12mm i think, i did it. use blue loctite when assembling the arm rests to the base bar.
Quote Reply
Re: 3 ttt ahero bars [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But where does the cable come out of the bar? the (wing) connects to the part thats holds the extensions that you use when in the aero position,unless you drill those tubes the cables are captured inside the wing?
Quote Reply
Re: 3 ttt ahero bars [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you have the new 3ttt Ahero right? look inside the bar ends, you will see a hole that leads into the base bar, ther is another small hole in the basebar, underneath, near the stem, with plastic plugs
Quote Reply
Re: 3 ttt ahero bars [Gary in SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess i have the OPPS we forgot to drill some holes model,i see where the cable goes from the round bar unto the wing (base bar) but no exit hole near the stem,what i was thinking was drilling the extension tubes and coming out those bars,but do not know if the cable will turn sharp enough to keep out of the way of my knees when standing.
Quote Reply