Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Very happy with my new Trek Speed Concept SLR eTap 9 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that i have my bike and used in a 70.3 with a disappointing flat. I am definitely going to convert my wheels to tubeless. And training continues for build up to June full event.

Two questions:
I have 2017 Kickr and obviously i learned that this is not compatible even with a XDR freehub change, not sure even if it is possible to change on 2017 Kickr. All my setups on previous tri and road bikes are dumped. Everything needs to converted to disc brakes, and have to upgrade my Kickr. I have been told by wahoo, that last V5 version MAY be compatible with a XD/XDR freehub change. Do we have an idea? or is it true i can use Kickr? If not, which trainer is compatible with my new bike?

Second question is about between arms bottle, the availability is not even known. Trek local retailer doesnt even have the part number to order it for me. Do we have expected time? if not the one created for Trek SC SLR, that we see in the nice pictures, which other one can fit the best with the bike, so that i can use between arm hydration on my full distance race in June. Thought hydration is a big component of new bike, but the bottle is not available. Maybe i know wrong.

Thanks for any help in advance for these 2 questions, Kickr and bottle.

Cheers, Onder
Quote Reply
Re: Very happy with my new Trek Speed Concept SLR eTap 9 [onder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kickr V5 is compatible with XDR. I run my SLR9 etap on a kickr v5.

The new bottle is supposed to be available in June (in the USA). Not sure about outside the USA. My LBS was able to pre-order one this week. Part number: W5269794

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Very happy with my new Trek Speed Concept SLR eTap 9 [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome Steve, thanks much, cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Gen2 base bar and stem [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch - I just picked up a Gen2 frameset to replace my Gen1. My Gen1 has the low/far stem and no pedestal spacers under the pads. It's basically slammed as low as possible. Are the frame/fit dimensions of the Gen1 and Gen2 basically the same? I assume I want a low/far (10deg/100mm) stem again. I'd also like to swap out to the non-uci legal base bar if it's still available. part # on that?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Gen2 base bar and stem [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fit dimensions are going to be different based on the adjustments you can make with the Gen 2 frame, but the frame geometries are nearly the same! I was trying to pull the old fit document from the Gen 1 model, but it seems the file is no longer accessible (RIP).

We do offer a low/far stem option for the Gen 2 SC though! Part number 436146.

For the handlebar, that is part number W326796!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: May 5, 22 10:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks - I've got my current position as low and long as possible on the Gen1 and could even stand to go a bit lower but it's good as is. I'm not quite 5'9" so sizing up isn't the answer. I assume there is probably more adjustable range with the Gen2 so I should be fine with the low/far stem. Also, what's the part # for the mono-plug aerobar extension holder?

Mitch@Trek wrote:
Fit dimensions are going to be different based on the adjustments you can make with the Gen 2 frame, but the frame geometries are nearly the same! I was trying to pull the old fit document from the Gen 1 model, but it seems the file is no longer accessible (RIP).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
Thanks - I've got my current position as low and long as possible on the Gen1 and could even stand to go a bit lower but it's good as is. I'm not quite 5'9" so sizing up isn't the answer. I assume there is probably more adjustable range with the Gen2 so I should be fine with the low/far stem. Also, what's the part # for the mono-plug aerobar extension holder?

Mitch@Trek wrote:

Absolutely!

For the Mono Plug-In, the part number is W582446. You'll also want the matching 6mm hardware, which you need to things; W582447 and 596164. However, the Mono Plug-In is backordered until January right now after selling out (in North America). I'd recommend checking with stores to see if they have one in stock - Cyclologic in AZ would probably be the first store to call since their tri presence is heavy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are Gen1 and Gen 2 the same bottom bracket standard? I should be able to directly swap my Quarq over?
Quote Reply
Trek SC 2022 Front Hydration Options [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

By now i believe everybody else figured out a front hydration setup for the new Trek SC 2022, in a month i have a full distance race, but Trek is still not sending my local Trek store the front hydration setup. It wold be silly to have something made up for a 15k bike, but if i have to, i will.

Could you let me know if you have anything figured out yet? or will i be going by myself and figure out a best way with other hydration system that may work with my cockpit?

Any information would be appreciated.

Regards, Onder
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
Are Gen1 and Gen 2 the same bottom bracket standard? I should be able to directly swap my Quarq over?

They were both BB86 press fit to start, but then the Gen2 started using BB90 in its later years.

Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC 2022 Front Hydration Options [onder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a piece from ST user MXGimp (message him) has made and its real solid. You can do any BTA set up. I would recommend this route, its solid.

There are pictures of it on this forum somewhere.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a newer used Gen2 so I'm guessing it's BB90 but haven't pulled the crank yet to measure. I thought my Gen1 SC9 was BB90 as well? Regardless, I should be able to swap over my Quarq with Rotor cranks but may need to change the bearings depending on whether the width matches up, right? The Gen2 currently has an Ultegra crank on it.

Also - thanks for the suggestion to check with Cyclologic on the mono-plug adapter - they had one in stock and it's on the way to me now.

Mitch@Trek wrote:
TH3_FRB wrote:

They were both BB86 press fit to start, but then the Gen2 started using BB90 in its later years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi!

Desperately looking for info about the SC Gen2 stems. Could anyone tell me the height of a low-near stem? All I've found is the length and angles of these stems...
I'm trying to see if I could get a better fit with a lower stem and higher mono-riser.

Thanks!
Last edited by: JPFischer: May 23, 22 8:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the rotor/quarq crank has a 24mm spindle, you can install the crank directly.

If it's a 30mm spindle:
The bearings (and bottom bracket) of your old frame is likely compatible between the two (unless it's some outboard type that extends the entire width of the system too much). You can swap the bottom brackets and the only change thing you should need to make is remove 4mm worth of spacers as the bb90 is that much wider (90.5 vs 86.5mm).
Last edited by: nonobovey: May 23, 22 11:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used an OLD Profile Design system, with a velcro strap on design, and so far it's worked. I have a Vision bottle attached to it (not that it makes a difference) with a Garmin mount. I also can't access/order the bottle until mid-late June...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
onder wrote:
Hi all,

By now i believe everybody else figured out a front hydration setup for the new Trek SC 2022, in a month i have a full distance race, but Trek is still not sending my local Trek store the front hydration setup. It wold be silly to have something made up for a 15k bike, but if i have to, i will.

Could you let me know if you have anything figured out yet? or will i be going by myself and figure out a best way with other hydration system that may work with my cockpit?

Any information would be appreciated.

Regards, Onder

Shoot me an email at yann@custombikexcessories.com with subject Trek Speed Concept Hydration. I may have a solution for you.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Power meters [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is everyone using for a power meter on their Gen2? I've had Quarq on my bikes for a decade but seems the newest DUB fitment is not compatible with BB90 and I don't know if there is another Quarq option without buying something older. I'm only interested in crank/spider PMs and must be available in 165-167.5mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Power meters [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
What is everyone using for a power meter on their Gen2? I've had Quarq on my bikes for a decade but seems the newest DUB fitment is not compatible with BB90 and I don't know if there is another Quarq option without buying something older. I'm only interested in crank/spider PMs and must be available in 165-167.5mm.

I've had an SRM Shimano DA 9000 and a Quarq on my gen 2 bikes. The SRAM DUB spindle will not work with bb90. If you want a quarq, you need a GXP spindle (24mm on drive side, 22 mm on non drive side) and bb90 gxp bearings.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Power meters [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
If you want a quarq, you need a GXP spindle (24mm on drive side, 22 mm on non drive side) and bb90 gxp bearings.

Right - which likely means something used since the current version of Quarq is only DUB, correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
stevej wrote:
If you want a quarq, you need a GXP spindle (24mm on drive side, 22 mm on non drive side) and bb90 gxp bearings.

Right - which likely means something used since the current version of Quarq is only DUB, correct?

No. You can still get a quarq in gxp.

Select configure on these links:

https://www.sram.com/...models/pm-d4-spdr-d1

https://www.sram.com/...models/pm-dz-spdr-d1

https://www.sram.com/...ram/models/pm-red-d1

blog
Last edited by: stevej: May 25, 22 8:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. All of them clearly say "DUB" so I assumed they weren't compatible. It's definitely confusing to be DUB but have option for GXP. Anyway - DZero is out of stock until 2024. Looks like DFour is available. I don't know why I can't seem to find a simple explanation of the difference between DZero and DFour. Ultimately it rally doesn't matter as either will be an upgrade over the CinQo Saturn I've been using for about 10 years now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFour is for shimano rings.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah - so same PM essentially. I don't really care what rings I use so sounds like DFour with GXP is a good option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve got an extra gxp side bearing 22mm if you need it for bb90. It’s a ceramicspeed I pulled from my road bike to switch over to full shimano
Quote Reply

Prev Next