Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
General advice, user Tom55 (joined a few weeks ago, no posts) seems to try and scam people here to the best of my knowledge. He replied a PM to a WTB post of mine on here, asked for PayPal "friends and family" transfer up front and when asked for pictures of the item he sent ones that could be found easily online. Also he didn't seem to have an idea of what the item was actually worth. Buyer beware.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if this is the case here, but as a general note, I would note that I view any seller that is adamant about only accepting F&F (even with price adjustment) as someone I'd never buy from.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [aravilare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aravilare wrote:
I don't know if this is the case here, but as a general note, I would note that I view any seller that is adamant about only accepting F&F (even with price adjustment) as someone I'd never buy from.

Agreed; that’s a different argument.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steven225 said he had a 58 Superslice to sell. Sent me pictures of a tiny frame and kept claiming it's a 58. Zero forum posts, was a new account, and only logged on for a month
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure Garagebos57 is a scammer. Very little history, Responded to my wtb, took payment, offered a second extremely hard to find item and still hasn’t sent over a week+ later.

Gmail for PayPal was alexmuncy001@gmail.com,
Shows as Darlene Merrell as PayPal recipient.

Buyer beware.
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [sscott43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sscott43 wrote:
Pretty sure Garagebos57 is a scammer. Very little history, Responded to my wtb, took payment, offered a second extremely hard to find item and still hasn’t sent over a week+ later.

Buyer beware.

Got a PM from him saying he had the handle bars I was looking to buy, looked at his posting history and saw he only had 1, was not going to buy but asked for pics to see what he’d send and never heard back
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [Tifosi01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tifosi01 wrote:
sscott43 wrote:

Buyer beware.

Got a PM from him saying he had the handle bars I was looking to buy, looked at his posting history and saw he only had 1, was not going to buy but asked for pics to see what he’d send and never heard back

Haha yeah I was pretty sure it was a scammer but desperate for the enve ses aero clip ons for Unbound so it was worth a shot. Ohh well. If it’s too good to be true…
Last edited by: sscott43: May 5, 22 20:45
Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [sscott43] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same experience here. 7-10 mail exchanges regarding a Garmin. I think he/she wanted to know my PayPal rather than just providing his/hers.
No answer to obvious questions and no images.

I walked away. I suggest you do the same.

Quote Reply
Re: *NEGATIVE* Feedback of Forum Sellers Here [rocketbrother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same happened to me! They responded to a WTB I had posted regarding HED wheels, his response seemed to fishy to be legit.
Quote Reply

Prev Next