Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathletes with breast implants
Quote | Reply
I am a 24 year old who just entered the world of triathlon training. My first sprint distance race is in 4 months. So far I am loving the training, but because I have breast implants I was curious as to how it may affect my training. I have 375cc silicone implants (under the muscle). Took me from an A to a big C cup.
Chest dominant exercises still feel weird to me 1.5 years post op so I avoid push ups, bench press, pull ups, etc. My main concern with triathlon training is whether or not swimming will affect my implants since swimming uses the pec muscles. Most swimsuits don’t have much support, and I don’t want my implants to be displaced/migrate outward. Are there any triathletes with implants? If so, how did they affect your training/performance and how did you navigate the swimsuit situation?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes with breast implants [Lilred123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! It's been a while since you posted, but I just saw this and wanted to connect. I'm not sure if my experience is helpful, since I have over-the-muscle implant reconstruction post-mastectomy. I don't have the pectoral animation you may be experiencing. But in all my pre-op research, the few runners and triathletes with implants I could find told me they were able to carry on just fine with all their usual activities after implant surgery. I have been able to do everything I used to do - swim (my one-piece Tyr diamondback contains everything just fine), bike, run, lift, yoga, hike w/heavy pack, ski (although the implants get cold, and slosh at high altitude, lol tmi). Have you been swimming since you posted? If in doubt you could always wear a sports bra under your suit for extra support.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathletes with breast implants [Lilred123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't checked ST in ages, and popped on tonight for some reason.

I've had implants for over 20 years (from a to c). So long ago that I barely remember how it felt when i got them and started running again, but I know I did w/in a few months. Aside from not being able to wear some of the cute tops that have no support or little coverage.

I did all the exercises and massages I was supposed to for a very long time. I wasn't a triathlete when I got the implants, just a recreational runner.

I had no real problem finding gear and stuff that fit me. Good luck!
Quote Reply