Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stitch-Fix or something similar?
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,
Has anyone used Stitch-Fix or something like that where they assess your 'style' and send you outfits/clothing? I really dislike shopping but want to upgrade wardrobe....

Thanks!

KK
Quote Reply
Re: Stitch-Fix or something similar? [Kat_Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I did a few "fixes". I am (was) a chemist. I don't want to fill your head with stereotypes of doughty-dressed nerds with glasses and pocket protectors, but that image honestly would not be terribly far from my truth. Hence I thought the idea sounded cool but doubted it could work for me.

Then a colleague, who dressed in similar fashion to me had a cool top on one day. She got it via StixFix and explained how easy it was to return anything they sent that was a miss in either fit or style. So I tried it. Got some pieces I really liked. But if you're not on top of it, they keep sending stuff. And the price depends on how many pieces you keep. And I forget the details now, but there may be a styling fee that gets waived for some time but then you might have to pay it.

Anyway, pandemic hit which made it easy to put a full stop to that. Who needed style when working from home and basically being disallowed from gathering?

Have to say though, I was increadibly impressed with their ability to send pants that were the right fit and length, something I've always struggled to find for myself. IDK who major brands cut & sew for (ie what body type), but it has never seemed to be for shorter curvy thick-legged girls (ie ice hockey players). Now if they could just solve the stupid issue of the uselessly small "pockets" they put in women's pants...

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried it in the past and actually my favorite pair of jeans that I came from StitchFix. I also did GwinnieeBee were you just borrow the dresses or clothes but you could buy them if you really like them. I have so many dresses now that they sent me that I really loved so I bought them.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another option is a Nordstrom Truck. I have used several mail order subscriptions and have had the best luck with Nordstrom. One thing I really like about them is that you get a preview of your truck and you can switch out any items before they send them. This really helps when they plan on sending you things you know you will never wear and you will still get you max number of items to choose from. You can also request items for specific events like vacation, weddings, etc. If you decide to try this option, let me know. I have a referral code I can share.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a blog post this weekend by a lady who uses a personal shopper/stylist (here is the one she used: https://shopwithbonnie.com/about ) so maybe someone like that could be an option for you?

(This was the blog post.)
Quote Reply