Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Athlete Well-Being and Performance - Study completed
Quote | Reply
Hello Athletes!

My name is Seth Rose, and I am currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Sport Psychology at the University of Idaho.

As an athlete and a current Mental Performance Consultant, I am fascinated by how the mind affects performance and how we can learn to maximize our potential for success. I also believe that athletes are more than the sum of their parts, and the well-being of an athlete is vitally important. We know that the way an athlete views themselves about their performance also influences the experiences in their sport life including concerns about mistakes, fear of failure, self-worth, and happiness. In fact, understanding the well-being of athletes can aid in improving and supporting them at a personal and athletic performance level.

Are you living “the full life” in your sport? How is your well-being affecting your performance?

I would love to hear about your sport-related well-being, so I have set up an online survey, which will take about 8 minutes to complete! The purpose of this study is to investigate qualities of sport well-being. Specifically, I hope to develop a validated instrument to measure sport well-being. This survey is actually a part of my dissertation research, which is the final step before I can graduate…and get back to helping athletes maximize their potential and well-being! If you’d like, I’ll even post what I find to this thread!

To access the survey, please click the link below or copy and paste the following URL in your web browser:
https://uidaho.co1.qualtrics.com/...m/SV_1BS2pgPNZBbzFEa

Your input and experiences are invaluable, and they will help researchers like myself better understand how to help athletes on and off the field! What does this mean for you? This means that you can help inform future coaches and athletes how to perform their best, while maintaining balance in their sport and life!

Please know that this study has been certified as exempt by the University of Idaho (Protocol 21-229), and participation is voluntary and confidential. The principal investigator of this research is Dr. Julie Son (jstaffordson@uidaho.edu), Professor in the Department of Movement Sciences, and co-Investigator, Dr. Damon Burton (dburton@uidaho.edu), Professor Emeritus at University of Idaho (UI). If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at sethrose@uidaho.edu

I sincerely thank you for your time and consideration, and I wish you all the very best in your upcoming seasons!

The best is ahead,
Seth Rose, MS, CMPC
Ph.D. Candidate, University of Idaho
Email: sethrose@uidaho.edu
Last edited by: STConcierge: May 20, 22 14:57
Quote Reply
Re: Athlete Well-Being and Performance — Your Input Needed [srose3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the results destined to be screwed just by how the request is worded as well as how respondents are chosen to fill out the questionnaire
Quote Reply