Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

goggle eyes
Quote | Reply
I've read some of the older posts about goggle eyes, but many of the suggested goggles don't seem to be available anymore (at least not that I can find). As I round out my 40s, I am finding that the goggle marks are getting worse and sticking around quite prominently all day after a morning swim. Does anyone have any suggestions for goggles that aren't so offensive to the aging eye area? And/or any tips for combating this issue? Thanks for any tips!
Quote Reply
Re: goggle eyes [littlenorm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 60+ year-old eyes are now using these:

https://snakeandpig.com/

Funny name, but they do not leave marks that are visible hours later and are comfortable.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: goggle eyes [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting goggles. I too struggle with goggle eyes/aging skin. I have tried the Magic 5 goggles, which leaked. I know of someone who swears by the Aquasphere swim mask. I tried the TYR version and it leaked. The benefits of the swim mask is that it isn't so close to your eyes as typical goggles, however, I have not found one that works for me (small face).
Quote Reply
Re: goggle eyes [Kat_Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for reminding me to add that I also have a small face and order the kids’ size in this goggle.

After several months of use, it has worked well.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! I'm one of the people who has started a goggle eye thread in the past. It's a real thing. I have lessened the effects with skincare: high quality face cream on before AND after I swim, wash my face twice afterwards to get the chlorine off, and then an eye depuffer like Clinique's All About Eyes serum.

I seem to still have goggle eyes, but for a few hours instead of all day.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I faced with similar issue, I want to consult with local cosmetologist from medical spa in Denver who can prescribe me the right treatment. They have pro team of beauticians and provide all services at high level. I think it's better to apply to professionals to reduce the risks.
Last edited by: WilliG: Jan 14, 22 2:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

Funny name, but they do not leave marks that are visible hours later and are comfortable.

Thanks for this recommendation! I just ordered a pair to try.

I had the perfect Speedos that they stopped making like 8 years ago and mine are so scratched up now I can barely see through them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the Snake & Pig goggle recommendation! They are very comfortable and the goggle eyes are much, much less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try them! This plagues me for 12-24 hrs after the swim...usually resort to concealer to hide some of the redness.

Triathlon (n). An athletic contest in which participants compete without stopping in three successive events.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooo these look like winners! Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: goggle eyes [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

Thanks for this recommendation! I just ordered a pair to try.

I had the perfect Speedos that they stopped making like 8 years ago and mine are so scratched up now I can barely see through them.

So I bought these in Jan and just tried them out today- definitely impressed!!! Thank you for the recommendation!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the recommendation!

They definitely cut down on the google marks!
Quote Reply