Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Dec. 20 edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 20 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
been awful lately. My goal for the week is no more unhealthy coping (yesterday didn't go well).
Probably will check in daily here...

Monday was tough but I turned things around Tuesday and have used healthy coping skills from there on!

M: 7 mi run + 2100 yd swim
T: 2 mi run + 30 min stairmaster + 1.5 mi run
W: 11.2 mi run (workout)
T: 5300 yd swim
F: 7.3 mi run + 2525 yd swim
S: 7.1 mi run + 5.85 mi hike/walk
S: 9 mi run (workout) + 55 min stairmaster + 1.7 mi walk + shoulder exercises

goal this week is the same as last, plus do shoulder exercises every day and hip exercises 5x

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 20 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear you got your week turned around.

Like I mentioned, I bought the virtual reality headset and then got a subscription to Supernatural. I am totally addicted! I've done 19 days in a row. Last week I had over 10 hours and one short trainer ride. In the 19 days, I've done 88 different sessions (flow - striking things with a laser bat and boxing) and 1,058 minutes. I've also 8 meditation sessions (average time of 6 minutes). I use those for extra stretching. I should get on my bike but this is too much fun!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done on getting things turned around.

We are now on plan C when it comes to our holiday plans. Hoping that's as far down the alphabet as we'll need to go but there's still a few days left for things to get effed up even more.

I continue to love the velodrome and that's where I spend the bulk of my activity time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey y'all!

TC-great job on healthy coping skills!
Scher- OMG that sounds like fun. Sorry that you are on Plan C for holiday plans. Hope you find some meaningful ways to connect with family.

I need y'all back, old school, telling you my plans and fessing up at the end of the week. I've been struggling to get back into a routine after my last A race and it's gotta happen now. So, old school:

M: run (check!)
Tu: strength
W: swim if I can get into the pool with holiday closures in a college town
Th: run
Fr: long ride
Sa: Christmas!
Sun:: run

We cancelled our plans to fly out to CA for Christmas, which was disappointing for my parents, and for the kid, who has never been on nearly so big of an adventure. We're formulating new plans that will be fun, but not the same. Also, Omicron hit here early and hard--stay safe out there ladies.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 20 edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay, you're back! I'm sorry you had to cancel plans to travel but I'm sure you'll make it special for the kid either way.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 20 edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
way to go on the vr stuff, sounds like fun.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 20 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never been to a velodrome but would love to try one!

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 20 edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
8 days in a row of healthy coping skills!
Today is a rest day and those can be challenging... I am going to check in here as I need to.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Dec. 20 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
over here distracting myself online for a bit = healthy coping skill

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did my first standing starts and timed flying 200 yesterday. I took ironclm's advice and focussed on looking ahead. The first one I was so focused looking ahead I pretty much forgot to pedal LOL

My guilty pleasure internet distraction is to watch reaction videos on youtube or tiktok. It's such a time suck though I try not to do it too often but this guy was pretty funny at points: https://www.tiktok.com/@justoriginal?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does a flying 200 mean out of the saddle? or is flying something else?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The flying means it's not a standing start. It's generally 3 laps (on a 250m velodrome) and the last 200m is timed.
Quote Reply