Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NYC FREE TO A GOOD HOME- Custom Guru .701, 10sp DA wheels, Di2
Quote | Reply
I have a custom Guru .701, circa 2013, that is taking up room in my studio and I'd love to see it go to a good home. What you see below is what you get- first gen Dura Ace Di2 (with the soldered wires, sorry!), 10 speed Dura Ace wheels, custom carbon frame, Adamo saddle that saw the ground once and has some tearing, FSA carbon stem, Profile Design T2 aluminum basebar with carbon extension and Hed flippers. All in this thing was ~$8k when purchased nearly a decade ago.

Pad stack is approximately 670mm and pad reach (to back of pad) is approximately 440mm, as it's currently set up. You can see from the pic that there's a lot of room to bring the stem up from where it is now. The seat post has a ton of length left in it, but the lowest you could go is about 660mm. The owner was around 5'8 and this was close to being too big for them.

The bike is in perfect working order, or at least was last I checked a couple months ago. I'd switch the tires before heading out on the road (rear is a trainer tire), but that should be all it needs.

This bike belonged to a client I coached a while ago. That person gave up triathlon and left the bike to accumulate dust. I don't have a use for it and instead of selling it, I'd love for this bike to help someone out that otherwise would struggle to afford a great tri bike. No catch, just a great bike for free to someone who could really use it.

I'd prefer the next owner picks this up from me in Brooklyn as I'd rather not break it down and ship it, but I can be compelled. So, tell me why it should be yours. Priority will be given to youth/POC/marginalized individuals and those who find the financial cost of entry in to our sport to be prohibitive.

Email me at greg@TriBy3.com. I'll let this sit for a week or so before making a decision. And PLEASE, before you put in a request, make sure this would actually fit you.

Quote Reply
Re: NYC FREE TO A GOOD HOME- Custom Guru .701, 10sp DA wheels, Di2 [TriBy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This post deserves a free bump!
Quote Reply
Re: NYC FREE TO A GOOD HOME- Custom Guru .701, 10sp DA wheels, Di2 [TriBy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not putting in a request but just wanna say Kudos for doing this, this is great stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bringing this back up to the top for the weekend. I've had some really great notes from lots of deserving people. I'll give this a couple more days and make a decision this week.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC FREE TO A GOOD HOME- Custom Guru .701, 10sp DA wheels, Di2 [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree, big kudos for doing this. Proper holiday spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One last bump before making a decision on this. Lots of great emails (thanks!) so far, just want to make sure I give all deserving parties a chance. Planning to choose a recipient Friday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very selfless. Well done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s awesome that you are doing this! Any follow up on who the lucky winner is?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: NYC FREE TO A GOOD HOME- Custom Guru .701, 10sp DA wheels, Di2 [Jkgoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all of the interest in this project. I had so many great responses and requests, I only wish I had more to give. I chose a super deserving recipient over the weekend and we're currently coordinating delivery. They are more than welcome to raise their hand and announce their win, but out of respect for their privacy, I'm won't name names.

Thanks again to all who reached out and made this a really satisfying endeavor. I'm going to try to make this a regular thing so I'll be back once I have more goodies to distribute.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
^
This
is
GREAT !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love this. Please send it to me.
Quote Reply