Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

getting ready to pull the trigger on a new SC for the wife. Currently she is riding an extra small (650 wheels) 1st Gen SC.

Pad Stack: 575
Pad Reach: 408 to pad center, 368 to back of pad
Saddle Height: 614 (center of BB to top of saddle along seat tube)

Thanks!

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [KodioMN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KodioMN wrote:
Thanks for this. My challenge always comes down to reach. Could you give me some guidance on frame size based on the following:

Pad stack 680mm
Pad reach (back of pad) 512mm
Saddle height (bb to center of saddle profile) 821mm

Cheers

An XL frame will suit you well!

For reach, you're going to need a Far Tower Topper.
For stack, I'd run our Mid Rise Base Bar - but your measurement falls into all three. Mid Rise puts you close to center.
For saddle height, the Long Post is needed.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Nov 19, 21 12:51
Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Plumb wrote:
Mitch,

getting ready to pull the trigger on a new SC for the wife. Currently she is riding an extra small (650 wheels) 1st Gen SC.

Pad Stack: 575
Pad Reach: 408 to pad center, 368 to back of pad
Saddle Height: 614 (center of BB to top of saddle along seat tube)

Thanks!

I'd stick with a Small frame for your wife!

For reach, she'll want a Near Tower Topper (almost at the max for this before needing a Mid Tower Topper).
For stack, she'll want a Low Rise Base Bar.
For saddle height, she'll want a Short Post (we do measure to the saddle rails, so take a few mm of the current measurement she has) which leaves plenty of room for adjustment.

Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks Mitch! On the other thread I am seeing all kinds of different delivery dates thrown around from 11 - 500 days. If there are any, which builds are available within a 11 - 40 day availability?

Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Plumb wrote:
thanks Mitch! On the other thread I am seeing all kinds of different delivery dates thrown around from 11 - 500 days. If there are any, which builds are available within a 11 - 40 day availability?

You're welcome! Those short ETAs have all been spoken for on launch day, but the shortest ETA right now is 177-197 days for the SLR 9 Di2. Others are +/-400 days.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 2018 SC was:
Frame: L
Seat height: 178
Stem: medium far
Riser under monobar: shortest one

What pursuit bar recommendation would i get P1 for new SC?

Second, Am i reading this correct for delivery dates of 400 days for SLR7 di2?

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
My 2018 SC was:
Frame: L
Seat height: 178
Stem: medium far
Riser under monobar: shortest one

What pursuit bar recommendation would i get P1 for new SC?

Second, Am i reading this correct for delivery dates of 400 days for SLR7 di2?

It sounds like you were somewhere around a 484-502 reach and a 640 stack with the parts you had on that large Speed Concept.

Sticking with a large for the new SC, I would suggest a Far tower topper and a Low Rise base bar.

And correct, delivery dates jumped up after the launch from the initial orders being received.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch

I'm a bike-fitter in Luxembourg , waiting for an online pad reach and stack chart and I only can find a graph without numbers on the website. I hope you can help me out:

Pad reach back/center: 397/437
Pad stack: 680 mm
Seat height: 746 mm

Kind regards
Patrick
Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [bikefit.lu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bikefit.lu wrote:
Hi Mitch

I'm a bike-fitter in Luxembourg , waiting for an online pad reach and stack chart and I only can find a graph without numbers on the website. I hope you can help me out:

Pad reach back/center: 397/437
Pad stack: 680 mm
Seat height: 746 mm

Kind regards
Patrick

You're likely best suited for an XL frame. Though you could fit a Large as well - you'd just be ~10mm away from hitting the max reach out of the bike.

For an XL frame:
  • Near Tower Topper (gives you +/-30mm of room for reach adjustments)
  • Mid Rise Base Bar

For a Large:
  • Near Tower Topper (+10mm before being maxed out for reach)
  • High Rise Base Bar (+20mm before being maxed out for stack)

You'll need the tall seat post for both frame sizes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch
have another one for you
Saddle height 685 (BB center to middle of saddle rails)

Reach: 443 to rear of pad
490 to center of pad

Stack: 697 to top of pad at lowest point

Last edited by: Mike Plumb: Dec 1, 21 11:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch if the frame came with a seatpost is the 340mm flip with -20 offset and I need a 245 -20 offset. That still works I think right? Worse case I could cut the seat post?

The bike is coming with a mid bar. Current set up I would be needing a low bar and 30mm tower to copy. With the mid bar does that bring the stack higher? So I need less then a 30 tower?

Thanks Mitch

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Plumb wrote:
Hi Mitch
have another one for you
Saddle height 685 (BB center to middle of saddle rails)

Reach: 443 to rear of pad
490 to center of pad

Stack: 697 to top of pad at lowest point

Your measurements can also place you on two different frames depending on the angle you're looking to use for the cockpit. You'll be using the 10mm adjustment spacer for both of these too - which a fitter can dial in.

For a large frame:
  • Mid Tower Topper
  • High Base Bar
  • Short seat post

For an XL frame:
  • Mid Tower Topper
  • Mid Base Bar
  • Short seat post

Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Hey Mitch if the frame came with a seatpost is the 340mm flip with -20 offset and I need a 245 -20 offset. That still works I think right? Worse case I could cut the seat post?

The bike is coming with a mid bar. Current set up I would be needing a low bar and 30mm tower to copy. With the mid bar does that bring the stack higher? So I need less then a 30 tower?

Thanks Mitch

You won't want to cut these posts - unlike standard posts these don't have a callout for that action. The 248mm flip will be available for order under part number 5257626 which is what I would recommend ordering once available - the flippable post will cover you for your offset needs too.

A Mid Rise base bar with a 30 tower base will put you +10mm taller than the Low Rise base bar with a 30 tower base. With the Mid Rise base bar, I would run a 15 tower base.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch !
Looking for a new trek myself to upgrade my current one.
If it is of any assistance I’m 179cms tall, ride a medium with medium far stem, 25mm spacer and a mono plug in all the way out. I have included a pic of the set up incase as well as retul numbers.
Just a note on the retul- seat height 771 and 20mm behind bottom bracket is accurate however the stack of 619 was 10mm too low for me and feels better with the 25mm spacer and not the 15mm on my current speed concept thus stack is 629mm. The retul reach says 413 which is just weird. So I measured myself using this formula :
For Pad X... Stand the bike up straight on a level surface and roll it forward 'til the front tire hits a wall or cupboard or some upright surface that's 90degrees to the floor. Then measure from the wall back to the back of the pad (A) and from the wall back to the BB (B). Subtract A from B and you've got Pad X. Make sure the measuring device (meter stick or measuring tape is level for those measurements).
I ended up between 450-460mm

So to summarise
Pad x- 450-460mm
Pad y- 629mm
Seat 771, 20mm behind bb

Any idea on what components to order ? Topper, post etc ?

As an aside can you order a standard paint scheme but project one crank length and opt for 75mm wheels etc?

Thanks for your help it takes a lot of guess work out
Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Hey Mitch !
Looking for a new trek myself to upgrade my current one.
If it is of any assistance I’m 179cms tall, ride a medium with medium far stem, 25mm spacer and a mono plug in all the way out. I have included a pic of the set up incase as well as retul numbers.
Just a note on the retul- seat height 771 and 20mm behind bottom bracket is accurate however the stack of 619 was 10mm too low for me and feels better with the 25mm spacer and not the 15mm on my current speed concept thus stack is 629mm. The retul reach says 413 which is just weird. So I measured myself using this formula :
For Pad X... Stand the bike up straight on a level surface and roll it forward 'til the front tire hits a wall or cupboard or some upright surface that's 90degrees to the floor. Then measure from the wall back to the back of the pad (A) and from the wall back to the BB (B). Subtract A from B and you've got Pad X. Make sure the measuring device (meter stick or measuring tape is level for those measurements).
I ended up between 450-460mm

So to summarise
Pad x- 450-460mm
Pad y- 629mm
Seat 771, 20mm behind bb

Any idea on what components to order ? Topper, post etc ?

As an aside can you order a standard paint scheme but project one crank length and opt for 75mm wheels etc?

Thanks for your help it takes a lot of guess work out

With your given numbers (not the retul one's), you have two options:

medium frame
far topper post (min pad x is 434 mm, max is 493)
any of the base bars (low, med, or high)
long seat post
about 50 mm of spacers with the low base bar

large frame
mid or far topper post
any of the base bars
long seat post
about 20-30 mm of spacers with the low base bar

blog
Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that ! Curious - 50mm spacers doesn’t sound too bad, the middle base bar must not require hardly any and the high base bar near slammed ?
Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easier if I just give you the link to the fit chart:

https://docs.google.com/...rJo/edit?usp=sharing

blog
Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Champion thank you 🙏
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

Could you help please? Here is a snapshot of the fit file. I know i am a Medium, however, when i went to Trek dealer, there were key items that i could choose to give me flexibility for readjustment for future modification to fitting. Given this snapshot what would i choose? All medium range? or any of my fitting parameters asks for specific one being different in selection of the bike in the dealer configuration site?

PS: I am going from my 2016 Cervelo P3 with a drastic change in my fit, hence this is the first order fitting, which may get tweaks later when i get the bike.

Thanks in advance,
Onder
Last edited by: onder: Jan 5, 22 21:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch:

I'm looking at a new disc brake speed concept. Currently on a Large Gen1 Speed Concept, so I think a Large in the new disc brake is what I need. Coordinates are below. Can you help me identify which base bar, tower topper, and seat post I would need? And can you confirm that Large is the way to go with these coordinates?

Pad stack (from BB): 613mm
Pad reach (from BB): 502mm
Drop from pads to basebar handholds: 19mm
Saddle height: 809 mm (with 155mm cranks)

thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New to the Speed Concept owner's club - couldn't pass up the deal I got on a 2012 Gen 1 9.8. Sooooooo with that being said - for the Gen 1 setups, did anyone have any luck replacing the armrests with something other than the standard Bontrager setup? I have an extra set of Zipp Vuka Alumina armrests and pads that I am going to test but if there are other suggestions...

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch (or anyone else),

I'm looking at getting a Gen2 Speed Concept and trying to figure out size, stem and spacers.

I have the size chart from https://www.trekbikes.com/...eed-concept/p/22054/.

My pad stack and reach measurements:
Pad stack (BB to top of pad): 630 mm
Pad reach (BB to center of pad): 450 mm

Solutions according to the size chart (avoiding "full range" for reach, but accepting "pad range"):
  • Extra Small, high far stem, 45 mm spacer (reach falls into "pad range")
  • Small, high far stem, 15+5 mm spacer (reach falls into "mid-pad")
  • Medium, medium near stem, 15+5 mm spacer (reach falls into "pad range")
  • Medium, low near stem, 45+5 mm spacer (reach falls into "mid-pad") Would have to decrease my stack by 5mm
  • Large, low near stem, 25+5 mm spacer (reach falls into "pad range", 1mm outside of "mid-pad")

I've read to try to avoid either of the high stems, so I'm pretty much ruling the Extra Small and Small size out, even though the Small is the only one where the reach fits into the "mid-pad" category. I think it is between the Medium and Large for the best option.

Onto basebar considerations...on my current bike my basebar stack and reach are:

Basebar Stack: 570 mm
Basebar Reach: 640 mm

I'm used to this basebar stack and reach, but I don't think it would be a huge deal to change it (I'll have to somewhat no matter what I choose).

• Medium, medium near stem has a 580 mm basebar stack and 615-625 mm basebar reach
  • Medium, low near stem has a 545 mm basebar stack and 625-635 mm basebar reach
  • Large, low near stem has a 569 mm basebar stack and 643-653 mm basebar reach

Medium (medium near stem) brings my hands in on the basebar and raises them slightly, Large stretches them out further. Medium (low near stem) lowers my hands significantly and brings them in slightly. Anyone have thoughts on which change would be better or easier to adjust to?

I'm leaning towards the Medium because I currently have a Medium 2011 Speed Concept 7.0 that fits well and I'm used to the feel of that size bike. I also am able to obtain a Medium Gen2 right now whereas I'd have to keep searching for a Large. With the Medium I just need to decide on stem, though I understand I can change this later (but involves re-cabling).

Is it okay to be in the "pad range" for reach? Am I right to avoid the high stems? Anything else to consider?
Last edited by: jwmott: Jan 28, 22 11:02
Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [jwmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are currently on a medium, that would be what I would stick with. I can't imagine trying to make a xsmall or large work.

Also, did you flip flop your numbers for either bike when posting?
Quote Reply
Re: \\\\\\\\\\\\ New Speed Concept Fit Data \\\\\\\\\\\\ [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Also, did you flip flop your numbers for either bike when posting?

I posted both pad stack and reach as well as basebar stack and reach for my current bike and then compared them to the options on the Gen2 Speed Concept. I added some clarification in the text. I don't think I flipped anything, basebar stack/reach numbers are similar to flipped pad stack/reach numbers due to TT bike geometry.
Quote Reply

Prev Next