Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
If you switched your training shoe brand *something* to Saucony...
Quote | Reply
what are you training in? We're just concluding a survey on run shoes and the year over year winner, in terms of increase, is saucony. HOKA remains #1 at exactly where they were - 26% - and all the other brands pretty much held their own or dropped a tick. saucony, meanwhile, jumped from 12% to 17%. i suspect it's the endorphin series, but you never know unless you ask.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: If you switched your training shoe brand *something* to Saucony... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I switched from Nike Pegasus Turbo to Saucony Endorphin Speed at the end of the summer. I really liked the Pegasus Turbo and wasn’t sure which shoe to replace it with, but I now prefer the Endorphin Speed.
Quote Reply
Re: If you switched your training shoe brand *something* to Saucony... [IGotSix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same boat here. Nike Peg Turbo 2 was my main training shoe until Nike discontinued it. So I started using the Endorphin Speed as my main training shoe based on recs from people here and on letsrun as a good Turbo replacement. However I am the opposite and greatly preferred the Turbo

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: If you switched your training shoe brand *something* to Saucony... [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s me. Went from Hoka to endorphin for off-season trial
Nike were too narrow
Last edited by: Old lungs: Nov 27, 21 8:12
Quote Reply
Re: If you switched your training shoe brand *something* to Saucony... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still have a couple of pairs of the Hoka Rincon for easy miles.

I’ve switched to the Endorphin Speed when I want to do a little bit faster work. I’ll probably switch to the Speeds full time as long as I can find older generations at a discount. I find the Speeds comfortable even at longer distances…once the exclusive purview of the Hoka line.

I think Hoka could win back some of my business if they put a nylon plate (like the Speeds) in a lighter weight offering like the discontinued Nepali…don’t know why they got rid of that shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Summer swapped from the Nike Pegasus/Structure line to the Saucony Endorphin Shift first, then we just picked up a pair of the original Endorphin Pros for $100 to serve as a training shoe. I kind of forget why she wanted to swap away from Nike to begin with but we went into a local running shoe store to try them on and they felt amazing to her. I'll probably grab a pair of speeds for myself at some point as well based on all the reviews I've read on them.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Switched from Asics Nimbus to Saucony, I tried all in the Endorphin series and actually settled on the Ride for training and Endorphin Pro for racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
what are you training in? We're just concluding a survey on run shoes and the year over year winner, in terms of increase, is saucony. HOKA remains #1 at exactly where they were - 26% - and all the other brands pretty much held their own or dropped a tick. saucony, meanwhile, jumped from 12% to 17%. i suspect it's the endorphin series, but you never know unless you ask.

Your suspicions are spot on.

Went from Nike to saucony endorphin speed. I also have the endorphin pro, but the speeds are a special shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooks Adrenaline to Saucony Guide
Quote Reply
Re: If you switched your training shoe brand *something* to Saucony... [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I see, Nike came out with the first proven plated shoes that worked, saucony was the quickest to make their carbon copy that works.... being the bad history of Nike moral-wise, many athletes jumped on saucony to not feel morally wrong using Nike's just to be competitive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

Anybody knows what is the durometer value of the PEBA foam of Saucony Endorphin Speed / Pro ?

Trying to evaluate if I could really use them, as they seems interesting, efficient and durable, but maybe a bit firm for me. It is difficult to evaluate from a short run in a shop or on a treadmill. So I want to put them in my "Frontfoot Softness Score" calculator based on the data from different foam layers.... and need durometer value of their version of PEBA :-)
Quote Reply
Re: If you switched your training shoe brand *something* to Saucony... [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
From what I see, Nike came out with the first proven plated shoes that worked, saucony was the quickest to make their carbon copy that works.... being the bad history of Nike moral-wise, many athletes jumped on saucony to not feel morally wrong using Nike's just to be competitive.

That may have something to do with it. Honestly, it came down to price and durability for me. Picked up the endorphin speed for $110 and the endorphin pro for $100. I’m expecting to get 400+ miles out of each. The “speedroll” feature of the endorphin lineup is noticeable as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Endorphin line rocks. The Shift is comfortable and the Speed is perfect for tempo, quality work and when I want to feel poppy. I liked the Pro but like the NB RC Elite2 a lot more and my last two 70.3 runs in them were superb. The Clifton still makes the rotation and I’m waiting to break out the Mach 4. Golden Age of running shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm currently in the Endorphin Pro.
Previously I ran in the Nike Zoom Fly 3. Early 2021 I tried the Saucony Endorphin Speed, and liked it. Wanted to try a carbon plate and PeBax super shoe, but I'm cheap and $200+ was really more than I was willing to spend. When the Endorphin Pro started going on sale, I tried it, liked it a lot, and have been using it ever since. On my second pair now, with a third in the closet for later.
I am thinking about whether or not I should get something else that is more flexible for some training runs, specifically wondering if you lose something only running in shoes with plates. I don't tend to rotate shoes, though I used to have some flats for shorter/faster races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was a long-time asics wearer, and then switched over to saucony as i was looking for less drop and a different ride. now i'm peregrine on the trails and kinvara on the road. when i was curious to try out a pair of 'supershoes,' going for the endorphin was a no-brainer. i knew it would fit and the price was right.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For sure it is the Endorphin line. Unlike most, I’m not a fan of the Shift, they give me numb toes, the Speed is fine but Pro is just great.
Prefer the fitst gen over the second due to the different upper. But have ariund 5 or 6 of the Pro’s, 2 Speed’s and 2 Shift’s.
Looking on the 3rd gen. Endorphin line the are going to take a piece of the Hoka pie as well.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run 30 miles per week consistently and am in my 60s. I alternate the Mizuno Wave Horizon which are heavy durable shoes and in 2021 added the New Balance More which are lighter and are like strapping marshmallows to my feet. I like them both equally for different reasons. The Mizuno for the firmness and durability and NB for the cushioning. I run two consecutive days in the same shoe then switch. Both are easily obtainable at significantly less than full price, and I have a pair of each on the shelf ready to go for 2022.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still in ASICS. Got a REALLY good deal a couple years ago. Almost through them all - might have to try something new...

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's see how you want this answered...lol

Nike Pegasus and Peg Trail 3 and infinity react
Saucony Endorphin Speed
New Balance Rebel v2 and Fuelcell TC and Propel
Asics Magic Speed
Adidas Adios Pro (mostly race)
Puma Deviate Nitro

I am agnostic to brands increasingly - just retired some skechers as well. But now I have 5 shoes with some sort of carbon in them...

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went from the Mizuno Rider to the Saucony Endorphin Speed.

It was just an experiment to start with but I really like how the shoe rolls so I bought another pair. Another shoe that is taking some of my running load is the Asics Novablast. Like the Endorphin, it rolls very well and is easy to run in.

A while ago I asked what people thought of the Saucony Shift, nobody really seemed to love it so I figured I'd wait a generation or two and ask again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might be one of them. I am training on Hoka Carbon X2 and Rocket X but taking advantage of a 20% Black Friday discount got the Endorphin Speed 2 yesterday after all the positive reviews I have read. I'm happy with the Hokas but even though I like the fit but they do not feel very fast to me. Will report back...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went from Pegasus 37 to Endorphin Speed. Got last years model on sale + medical discount for under 100 bucks. Loved the first pair so bought two more. So it’s my daily, use the Nike Air Zoom Tempo Next % for speed work/long race pace runs.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I loved the early versions of the kinvara, and also the A type line for shorter stuff, but had moved away from Saucony to skechers and hoka (mainly the razor, ride 8/9, and rincon). Then tried the Endorphin speed last year and wow, what a great shoe. Great for tempo, intervals, and racing. Thought I'd try the Nike hype train and got a Vaporfly next 2, but sold it on after two runs. For me it was too soft and unstable, and foresaw injury.

Durability of the endorphin speed is fantastic, and the upper is one of the best I've used sockless.

I'm done with hoka until they update their foam. For eva its good, but then you run in something livelier like pebax or hyperburst and realise they are at risk of getting left behind
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Changed from Newton to Saucony Endorphin Pro this past year. Have been in newtons since 2008. The Endorphins allowed my 53 year old legs run again like I haven’t in a long time.

Eric - "Train Smart, Race Smart, Finish Strong"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m using the Saucony Endorphin Speed’s for long or fast runs. In general, my legs aren’t as tired afterwards, but I do feel some hamstring tightness.
Most of my runs are in minimalist Merrell’s, so this is a big change for me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next