Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Folks - sorry if my thread is disturbing an existing thread - first time forum user!

Am looking help - have bought a new Trinity and cant for the life of me work out how to cable up the front brake, never mind the rear brake. Have downloaded the GIANT Trinity manual but it lacks the detail I need. Would anyone have pics of the cable routing for the front brake?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Covid_Cough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://wiki.geant.org/download/attachments/77889818/TRINITY_ADVANCED_PRO_EN_V9.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1495103449196&api=v2

You have this manual? No doubt it's tricky! I found this manual pretty helpful given that there is very little cable and housing to see anyways, giving it's completely integrated. No matter which way you slice it, it's a lot of work and can require taking apart the front end if you're doing housing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks

Yes - have this but cant make out how the brake cable parts are assembled or how the cable is routed through the brake caliper.

JVanderveen wrote:
https://wiki.geant.org/download/attachments/77889818/TRINITY_ADVANCED_PRO_EN_V9.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1495103449196&api=v2

You have this manual? No doubt it's tricky! I found this manual pretty helpful given that there is very little cable and housing to see anyways, giving it's completely integrated. No matter which way you slice it, it's a lot of work and can require taking apart the front end if you're doing housing.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Covid_Cough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello All!
I just purchased a 2014 SL 0 frame (was a spur of the moment purchase as I was able to get a new-in-box frame for under $500 USD) and I was hoping this forum could help answer some questions!

1. I know the SL 0 is a "custom Di2 frame", does this mean I couldn't run a mechanical groupset on it?
2. I need to purchase the brakeset for it still, does anyone know of any compatible brakesets that are out there for it as I cannot seem to find a shop where I live that sells the required type of brakes
3. Does anyone have experience using a "generic" stem and headset instead of the 2- part stem?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Swimmdude29] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swimmdude29 wrote:
Hello All!
I just purchased a 2014 SL 0 frame (was a spur of the moment purchase as I was able to get a new-in-box frame for under $500 USD) and I was hoping this forum could help answer some questions!

1. I know the SL 0 is a "custom Di2 frame", does this mean I couldn't run a mechanical groupset on it?
2. I need to purchase the brakeset for it still, does anyone know of any compatible brakesets that are out there for it as I cannot seem to find a shop where I live that sells the required type of brakes
3. Does anyone have experience using a "generic" stem and headset instead of the 2- part stem?

I asked this before going the route that I went. I was pretty much told "no" on #3. I cannot answer for #1, but to an extent that defeats the purpose of having the integrated front end to begin with since you aren't running tiny di2 cables through the stem/headtube area. I would guess you might not be able to. The bends would be ridiculous.

For #2, just lookup the Giant spec sheet for the bike. It should list the brakes, then go online or Ebay. You won't find brakes like that for most any bike just sitting around local unless they're for a generic road bike.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My carbon repaired 2008 Felt DA has her bones now hanging on a rack in the shed. I shed a tear, but it was time. She developed a crack in the seat tube and seat tube frame area.

Now, my new beauty needs a name............got used from Pro's Closet for a freaking deal. Full Ultegra Di2. Will run 1x for flat races and 2x for training or hillier. I ordered 2x rings in 56/42. I may play with buying a 60t front ring and attempt a junior's 14-28 cassette in back for my flat rides chasing that drivetrain efficiency. I threw my 54t 1x Quarq setup on the bike from my old TT bike.

Putting in the new BB was butter easy. I had a random vehicle repair tool that worked perfect as a drift to push out the old. I have clamps for pushing in the new. For some reason the press fit Dub BB spins a LOT nicer than the BSA threaded one I had on the old bike.

Here she is.........she needs a name.......

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know fore and aft bolt distance of aerobar clamping bolts?
I'd like to build an adapter to fit trinity clamps on felt IA base bars... for they super suck

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daylight pic from today's first true ride. It's a rocket sled on those wheels/tires. Geez. Also still chuffed about the Di2 also. That really changes things with braking, cornering, accel. Makes it more fun to ride/train TT bike.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey, old thread, hopefully you still see this. i'm in the process of updating my '17 Trinity Adv Pro 2 to Di2, just had a question for you (if you still have your Trinity). Where do you keep your A junction box? The bento box in your pic is the one I have with the open rubber cover on top, do you just stash it in there? It looked like the '17 Trinity's that came stock with Di2 had a different bento box that covered the A junction (for waterproofing im guessing) and had specific mounts for it too. any tips for how yours is set up would be greatly appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [swimmiain18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had it rebuilt after a couple seasons on a different bike. Ultegra Di2 6800.

The junction A sits in the bento at the very top (closest end to the stem). There’s a little crevice in there for it to sit snugly if the wires are pulled out of the way. And with plenty of space to spare for gels or flat kit.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you have a photo you can show me? I got my junction box today and think I know the crevasse you're talking about, but it seems too tight. please/thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know if the MY19 Aero Vaut (front bottle system) is compatible with the MY17 system? Here's where it gets complicated:

I have a 2016 Trinity, which I updated to the MY17 system, but I lost the locking piece. Giant Bike Spares is out of stock for the medium size bottle for the MY17+

https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-43418

But I can get a medium for their MY19+ system, but I don't know if that would work with my 2016 frame.

https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-44545

Has anybody tried this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have an access to 2013 Trinity Composite assembly manual?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Does anybody know if the MY19 Aero Vaut (front bottle system) is compatible with the MY17 system? Here's where it gets complicated:

I have a 2016 Trinity, which I updated to the MY17 system, but I lost the locking piece. Giant Bike Spares is out of stock for the medium size bottle for the MY17+

https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-43418

But I can get a medium for their MY19+ system, but I don't know if that would work with my 2016 frame.

https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-44545

Has anybody tried this?

I have a MY19+ vault on a MY18 bike, size large. The bottles are two different sizes based on frame size. The issue on the newer vaults have a deeper bottom curve piece that sits above the tire. It isn't part of the vault mold, you slide it on separate. Mine won't fit the bottom tire transition piece, too deep. I have the base bar all the way down.

So, probably can work, but may just have to not use that bottom piece they include.

Also, be aware, they don't come with longer bolts for mounting the pieces. Or my Giant shop didn't do it right when I ordered it, so I had to buy some separate myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, this is picky but something I noticed.

Model year 2018, Pro 1, TT style. The base bar bullhorns appear level. However, the pole clamp on top of the risers appears to visibly tilt down to front.

When placing my phone and using the level app, it says my Aerocoach wings are at 13 deg instead of 15 deg while using the 15deg Fourriers pad shim.

I measured my 10cm rise dimension and I'm definitely a cm low using the extensions I own.

What's up with that 2 degree down to front angle on the riser/clamp?

I guess next I need to try to put a level on the bridge. As the bridge sits before the pole clamp. If the pole clamp is doing it, I could always swap left for right and it would bring it up.

If it's in how the aero shaped risers sit in the base bar, I've no idea. Other than to put a freaking washer under each front riser or on the front screw for the pole clamp between the bridge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a spare hour so disassembled the front end to just inspect this. Looking at assembly diagrams and also of photos online of the identical bike that Dumoulin had used a few years back, that's just how it is. Every photo ever I've seen of them has that little tiny tilt to it.

I am super glad I did disassemble to just look though. Either prior owner or Pro's Closet didn't assemble the stack spacers to the base bar correctly.

There are 4 sleeves that go in the hole for the bolts that keeps you from pulling the bolt and washer into the bar too far. Those were not installed and the bolt/washers had started to mar. But, I had luckily ordered a spare set of stack spacers and bolts to have to do some aero testing soon.

Soooooo, those missing sleeves came with that kit and I installed it.

So, just is how it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to change out my bottom bracket to a ceramic speed. Does anyone know what size I need? I have a 2016 Advanced Pro 1.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [TravelLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're running Shimano, then you need the BB86 for Shimano. I upgraded mine earlier this year - I'm running Ultegra Di2 6800.

https://www.ceramicspeed.com/en/cycling/shop/bottom-brackets/bb86-shimano

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome thanks! Giant shop wasn't even sure. Just ordered it, looking forward to the smooth gains.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Livelee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any chance I could get this bridge somewhere and buy it to Poland?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [pawelzawadzki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thinking of getting a Trinity but am leaning towards the cheaper Trinity Advanced over the Trinity Advanced Pro, mainly because I'm happy with 105, I don't need a power meter, ill be using my Propel wheels when racing (so the £1200 price difference seems rather a lot) and was planning on getting the front hydration system afterwards anyway.

Issue is it seems that maybe the Trinity Advanced doesn't support the front hydration that comes with the Pro, is this actually the case? I'm basing this on some messaging on the Giant Bike Spares website - https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-44545
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey all, I am looking for a TT bar stabilizer bridge. Anybody have any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [elecious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elecious wrote:
Thinking of getting a Trinity but am leaning towards the cheaper Trinity Advanced over the Trinity Advanced Pro, mainly because I'm happy with 105, I don't need a power meter, ill be using my Propel wheels when racing (so the £1200 price difference seems rather a lot) and was planning on getting the front hydration system afterwards anyway.

Issue is it seems that maybe the Trinity Advanced doesn't support the front hydration that comes with the Pro, is this actually the case? I'm basing this on some messaging on the Giant Bike Spares website - https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-44545

The cheaper models have a standard fork that rotates only inside the head tube. So you can't mount the front hydration as that rotates with the external part of the "pro" version of the forks. So, correct, that won't work.

Anything in that price range without di2 also is a hard pass IMHO. Go with the pro version, you won't regret it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [pawelzawadzki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pawelzawadzki wrote:
Is there any chance I could get this bridge somewhere and buy it to Poland?

This is what you need to order, I'm pretty sure they don't sell the stack bridge on it's own.

https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-43007
Quote Reply

Prev Next