Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
slowguy wrote:
I’ve been around for almost 20 years, and I don’t remember seeing anyone get banned for simply disagreeing with Dan. I don’t spend a ton of time in the tri forum anymore, but I doubt he’s banning people for simple disagreements. Typically, people who make that claim have conveniently left out any mention of their poor conduct, language, etc.

My experience with Dan is he is a very reasonable person. Does make you wonder if there is more to the story here.

Doesn’t that make you not wonder if there is more to the story here?
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Who the hell is Talbot Cox? Or wolf359 or ADabs? My understanding is all three of them are irredeemable degenerates.

Well, considering both of them have only been on here since 2019 it's obvious they have been around to see all of the issues that have discussed on here and can comment on how they have been handled.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Ah, I can guess why.

Talbot is promoting an alternative forum while simultaneously bashing this one. You can usually get away with one of those things at a time. Both together is just begging to get banned.

Slowman doesn't need to provide free advertising for people to head on over to some other site.

your instincts are impeccable. to be clear, i have an absolutely great relationship with lionel and i hope (and predict) that my solid (to this point) relationship with talbot will continue, once we all come to an understanding of how not to poke the bear.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
trail wrote:
Ah, I can guess why.

Talbot is promoting an alternative forum while simultaneously bashing this one. You can usually get away with one of those things at a time. Both together is just begging to get banned.

Slowman doesn't need to provide free advertising for people to head on over to some other site.

your instincts are impeccable. to be clear, i have an absolutely great relationship with lionel and i hope (and predict) that my solid (to this point) relationship with talbot will continue, once we all come to an understanding of how not to poke the bear.

Your rule regarding posts intended to drive traffic to someone else's forum/website has to be one of the best on the interwebs. Nothing drives me crazy like being on various forums for them to be spammed by others trying to drive traffic to their website or youtube channel.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
Slowman wrote:
trail wrote:
Ah, I can guess why.

Your rule regarding posts intended to drive traffic to someone else's forum/website has to be one of the best on the interwebs. Nothing drives me crazy like being on various forums for them to be spammed by others trying to drive traffic to their website or youtube channel.

thank you for the compliment. just, it's actually my pleasure to help either talbot or lionel, or both, and any other pro, or influencer such as talbot, or eric lagerstrom, any of these folks, to build their channels. i just would prefer to do so without taking our community here getting a kick in the shins in the process.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [wolf359] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wolf359 wrote:
slowguy wrote:
I’ve been around for almost 20 years, and I don’t remember seeing anyone get banned for simply disagreeing with Dan. I don’t spend a ton of time in the tri forum anymore, but I doubt he’s banning people for simple disagreements. Typically, people who make that claim have conveniently left out any mention of their poor conduct, language, etc.

If I can provide an example of someone getting banned for posting truthful, but inconvenient info that’s contrary to the overarching liberal consensus on ST would you take a break from ST for 3 months?

Like Obama being born in Kenya, Hillary being an murder, or that Trump only lost due to massive fraud by the Deep State!
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [wolf359] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wolf359 wrote:
It would be interesting to see a list of banned folks.

Technically speaking - and math theory isn't really isn't my thing - but since people can't get un-banned, the number can't be reduced, so it will always be a "growing number of banned ST users" even if that number is only one more banning over the next x-number of days/weeks/months/years

Like, if there are 10 people who are banned right now, and Dan adds one more, are people gonna say "The list of banned members has just increased by 10%!!! WTF is Dan doing?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could write the headlines for some certain "news" outlets.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
wolf359 wrote:
It would be interesting to see a list of banned folks.

Technically speaking - and math theory isn't really isn't my thing - but since people can't get un-banned, the number can't be reduced,

I'd like to disagree
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No thanks; working in the ad biz fucked me up bad enough already

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
but since people can't get un-banned

sure they can
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we have just over 98,000 registered users. we have 960 people whose accounts are not enabled. who were banned. a very large number of those 960, probably the majority, are spammers whose accounts were disabled rather than erased, and i do that for sleuthing purposes. (these folks have zero to do with triathlon.) a good number of the remainder are folks who got banned and then tried to sneak back in with a new account, so, in that 960 are a lot of folks double and triple counted.

the number of those who legitimately earned their bans are in the low hundreds, as in, probably in the neighborhood of 3 tenths of 1 percent, and it takes some folks quite a few years to finally get banned. it's hard to get banned. you really have to purposely earn it. even then, those who are ready to come back and be a positive member of the community usually can.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread meets all of your criteria. The OP was banned for it. Slowman personally did the banning.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=6681806#p6681806

I don't see any lies, denigrations, no prohibited words, no posting of stuff that puts the board in jeopardy, no "poor conduct" no free business opportunity or destroying anyone elses and no private information.

OP (on the site for 20+ years, just as long as you) was banned because he posted something true but negative about Obama instead of Trump and ruffled a bunch of folks who don't actually read what people post and just wanted to Trump bash.

Apparently tongue in cheek posts are/were only allowed in one particular political flavor. It's why this board is "nicer" to quote the other thread....nobody from the middle or right is here anymore.

I'm sure you will tell me why I am wrong, and that's cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
RandMart wrote:

sure they can

See, I didn't know that; or I'd not heard of it, anyway [maybe I wasn't paying attention]

Thanks for the insight

Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
RandMart wrote:

sure they can

I respectfully disagree. A ban can be temporary or permanent, but once you earned one you've always been banned.

I think a high tide raises all boats so I hope that Talbot and Dan can iron out whatever disagreement they have. The relationship can certainly be mutually beneficial. I have no doubt in Dan's ability to assess when the relationship is NOT.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
a good number of the remainder are folks who got banned and then tried to sneak back in with a new account, so, in that 960 are a lot of folks double and triple counted.

That was my next question = "puppets"

Thanks again

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
Subject: http://www.forum.slowtwitch.com

Issuer: R3

Expires on: Dec 21, 2021

Current date: Sep 29, 2021

Could be something on my end, but this was about the only way to communicate with you.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

Could be something on my end, but this was about the only way to communicate with you.

I got a similar cert warning today as well. First time I’d seen it.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wolf359 wrote:
This thread meets all of your criteria. The OP was banned for it. Slowman personally did the banning.

I don't see any lies,

Huh? The claims that Obama secretly "colluded" with Medvedev and "hid negotiations from the US public" are both complete nonsense.
Last edited by: Nutella: Sep 29, 21 13:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wolf359 wrote:

Apparently tongue in cheek posts

Nice euphemism for blatant trolling. :)

The OP was not interested in having a sincere discussion about what Obama said, and its negative implications. He was gleefully playing "hyprocrisy gotcha" troll with the thinnest patina of equivalence between the respective context.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 29, 21 13:50
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
klehner wrote:

I got a similar cert warning today as well. First time I’d seen it.

working on it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
wolf359 wrote:
Apparently tongue in cheek posts

Nice euphemism for blatant trolling. :)

I have confess that *I* have been banned from NerdFitness.com for insinuating [very tongue-in-cheek-ily] that their annual meet-up/training camp was really a thinly veiled Cosplay/LARPer fuckfest out in the woods

Even though some members were in complete agreement with my completely non-substantiated assessment, and others even made light of their not-so-secret hookups ["I had NO idea" or "I totally thought you did"], I got the boot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wolf359 wrote:

I don't see any lies, denigrations, no prohibited words, no posting of stuff that puts the board in jeopardy, no "poor conduct" no free business opportunity or destroying anyone elses and no private information.

OP (on the site for 20+ years, just as long as you) was banned because he posted something true but negative about Obama instead of Trump and ruffled a bunch of folks who don't actually read what people post and just wanted to Trump bash.

Apparently tongue in cheek posts are/were only allowed in one particular political flavor. It's why this board is "nicer" to quote the other thread....nobody from the middle or right is here anymore.

What part of this thread had anything to do with someone getting banned for "posting truthful, but inconvenient info that’s contrary to the overarching liberal consensus."

That was absolutely not an example of a poster getting banned for just telling an inconvenient truth or challenging the liberal consensus. My impression is that he was banned because he was a habitual troll who lied and harangued other posters.

Here's what I had to say about stal in that very thread, based on having seen his posts over the years:

"The trolls are out in fine form in the LR. Stal is one of the worst.

Clearly he meant for the thread title to make people think of Pres Trump, so he could play "gotcha" and redirect it to Pres Obama, and then whine about people talking about Pres Trump.

Clearly there's a difference between a sitting President speaking in confidence with a foreign leader (which they do all the time) and a campaign/candidate potentially colluding in secret with a foreign government prior to being elected.

Clearly stal is just looking for attention, because....he's a troll. "

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I can concede to that semantics clarification.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Cool if I tell you why you're wrong?

Quote:
....nobody from the middle or right is here anymore.

Incorrect. Lots of us here in the middle and there are still a number of those on the right (maybe not the whackadoodle right).

Try again with your examples please.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next