Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by ADabs
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get lost on the slowtwitch highway and make a wrong turn to the lavender room?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know any particulars except to say that I used to be a moderator of a site back in the day and most people that got a permaban got that ban not for what they said in the forum, but what they said to me and others mods in private message.

People that took their vacations for something that they said that was out of bounds only were banned permanently if they couldn't control themselves time and again and that was very rare.

It was those that refused their vacations, went into threats, accusations that saw the ban come quickly and permenantly.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Did you get lost on the slowtwitch highway and make a wrong turn to the lavender room?

I just assumed I would get banned if I put that in the triathlon forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ADabs wrote:
ironclm wrote:

If you assumed you would get banned if you put it in the tri forum, then why would you not assume you will get banned if you put it here?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ADabs wrote:
TC posted about his ban to on IG. I've never met him, but he seems a bit of an immature trust fund prick. That being said, he provides value to the sport and this website with his access to pros in the sport. I don't know what he said that specifically got him banned, but Dan seems to be a little quick with the trigger lately.

I'm not one to cry "censorship!", but if people keep on getting banned for seeing things differently than Dan, the triathlon forum will just turn into a circlejerk of how great Jan/Lionel are and "rate my fit" posts.

Please don't ban me

It would be interesting to see a list of banned folks.

I think we all know the political persuasion of the vast majority of those who were banned.

It’s probably why people saying it’s “nicer” here now.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
ADabs wrote:
ironclm wrote:

If you assumed you would get banned if you put it in the tri forum, then why would you not assume you will get banned if you put it here?

A simple joke, I'll be more liberal with my pink font moving forward
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no idea what this is about (never heard of Talbot), but I assume "seeing things differently" isn't a great description of the core issue.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 29, 21 8:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve been around for almost 20 years, and I don’t remember seeing anyone get banned for simply disagreeing with Dan. I don’t spend a ton of time in the tri forum anymore, but I doubt he’s banning people for simple disagreements. Typically, people who make that claim have conveniently left out any mention of their poor conduct, language, etc.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
I’ve been around for almost 20 years, and I don’t remember seeing anyone get banned for simply disagreeing with Dan. I don’t spend a ton of time in the tri forum anymore, but I doubt he’s banning people for simple disagreements. Typically, people who make that claim have conveniently left out any mention of their poor conduct, language, etc.

If I can provide an example of someone getting banned for posting truthful, but inconvenient info that’s contrary to the overarching liberal consensus on ST would you take a break from ST for 3 months?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is sad, talbot used a lot of our feedback for generating his videos - which in turn probably increased a lot of the sites traffic and growth of triathlete fandom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, I can guess why.

Talbot is promoting an alternative forum while simultaneously bashing this one. You can usually get away with one of those things at a time. Both together is just begging to get banned.

Slowman doesn't need to provide free advertising for people to head on over to some other site.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 29, 21 8:25
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [wolf359] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wolf359 wrote:
slowguy wrote:

If I can provide an example of someone getting banned for posting truthful, but inconvenient info that’s contrary to the overarching liberal consensus on ST would you take a break from ST for 3 months?

I'd like to see that.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [opusTpenguin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
opusTpenguin wrote:
most people that got a permaban got that ban not for what they said in the forum, but what they said to me and others mods in private message.

One exception that seemed to get you insta-banned here was insinuating that Lance may have been doping.
I suspect Lance's aggressive and litigious lawyers made life difficult for Dan so people got banned for that stuff.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

I've only been on here since 2012 and there have been less than a handful who were band for a single post and those were pretty outrageous. There are a few who have been banned for a single post but that is only because they came back in after a previous ban trying to use a different name. Most are given a lot of rope before they are banned. Several people have had long discussion posts going back and forth with Dan so he wasn't banned for disagreeing with him.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who the hell is Talbot Cox? Or wolf359 or ADabs? My understanding is all three of them are irredeemable degenerates.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Who the hell is Talbot Cox? Or wolf359 or ADabs? My understanding is all three of them are irredeemable degenerates.
Wholeheartedly agree
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [Guff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guff wrote:
opusTpenguin wrote:
most people that got a permaban got that ban not for what they said in the forum, but what they said to me and others mods in private message.

One exception that seemed to get you insta-banned here was insinuating that Lance may have been doping.
I suspect Lance's aggressive and litigious lawyers made life difficult for Dan so people got banned for that stuff.

Really, I thought I spent years here arguing the obvious? But maybe that was a cycling forum I use to frequent.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [Guff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guff wrote:

Doubt it. I think it was simply that they were, at one point, pretty close. Knew and respected each other. When you see people trashing a buddy on your own site, it's hard.

It's easy to be myopic w.r.t. to doping when you know the person well. And it's easy to trash someone you don't know at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why in the world would one post about being banned to ST on IG? And Dan's never been quick with the Ban Hammer. He's been very clear about the rules and sends out warnings to those who need it (both publically and privately).

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who are Jan and Lionel? Did they get banned too. "This is the worst of the worst of all catastrophies in the world" Herb Morrison
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [wolf359] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wolf359 wrote:
slowguy wrote:

Sure. If you can provide a valid example of some being banned just for telling the truth. No other poor conduct. No other use of prohibited words. No posting of stuff that puts Dan in legal jeopardy. No using the site as a free business opportunity. No using the forum to try to destroy someone else’s business, or posting private information.

And the example would have to be verifiable, and not just a whiny complaint.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Why in the world would one post about being banned to ST on IG? And Dan's never been quick with the Ban Hammer. He's been very clear about the rules and sends out warnings to those who need it (both publically and privately).

I found his IG even though I still haven't clue one why I should care.

To make it humorous, while whining about bans and being banned on here he talks about how easy it will be to ban people who he doesn't like what they post from the discord server.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Talbot Cox among growing number of banned ST users [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I change my thought to not so sad anymore. Pulling away users from here to control the narrative is not cool
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

My experience with Dan is he is a very reasonable person. Does make you wonder if there is more to the story here.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply

Prev Next