Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New vs. Old Forum
Quote | Reply
Maybe I missed this thread recently, but I haven't heard anybody comment on the new forum recently. I'm guessing everyone has adapted to it and accepted it. I was just sitting here thinking about how much time I spend on this forum and remembered the "old" forum. What is everyone else's opinion of new vs. old?

I think the new format is great! I've really become accustomed to it and find it much easier to stay on top of the new posts to each thread.

This is a great site! Thanks Dan!

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: New vs. Old Forum [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll second your positive comments. I have a dial up connection, so with the old forum if there were more than a few responses, I wouldn't even bother to read them, because it took so long to click on each response and wait for it to download.

Anyway, great new forum.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My familiarity ends with the new system, however I do prefer other solutions such as phpbb. They are much faster and have more features. They also have multiple forums, which this software might have as well.

Here's a phpbb solution we did for our bike org: http://pacman.vosn.net/~mmba/bb/
Quote Reply
Dinosaur [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am officially a dinosaur. I liked the old forum better, mostly because the overview of every thread had the author and usually an altered title. Based on who was writing and the titles I knew what threads to read and what threads to pass on.

There is something about this forum that causes people to seldom alter the title. I can pull up an overview of 20 messages in a thread and see that they all have the same RE: title. Not very informative. If we start updating titles on our posts it would help.

This forum definitely has advantages. I do like the format over at Gordo's forum better, however.
Quote Reply
Re: Dinosaur [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am officially a dinosaur. I liked the old forum better, I do like the format over at Gordo's forum better, however.

Me too.

Me too.

I don't even look at many theads in this one if they don't catch my eye and those silly tablets showing new or not, I can barely see.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dinosaur [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked the old forum more... for the same reasons, all it needed was a "New" tag like on Gordo's

Cheers

Alex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nah this forum is way easier to use, you can show all threads/replies if thats what you want to do like the old one. But this one you dont have to enter your name, email every time you wanna write, also with the old one you'd click on a thread and depending whom the poster replied to, you'd have to go back and forth and back and forth to read each post on a given subject. This is way easier, i went to the old forum like once a month cause it was so tedious to use, now im here everyday.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Grrrrr!!!! I am a dinosaur, too!!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am analog in a digital world. I do like this forum, but it took me awhile to get used to it. I missed the informal nature of the old Forum (which was better in many ways), but the silly trolls don't get on here quite as much.

But us old rabbits can adapt. Look at my hero Bugs' way he adapted from battling Elmer Fudd to battling Yosimite Sam- he still rocks!!!!
Quote Reply
New one hands down [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not even close. A huge improvement!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the old one much better. This one's not bad, and it has some nice features. But I just like the old one better. It just had a really relaxed feel to it.

RP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It took me a while, but now I'm a huge fan of the new forum. My only complaint is that it could be faster. I think it has all the necessary features of a forum and a handful of unnecessary ones. I'm happy Dan kept with one forum rather than splitting them up.
Quote Reply