Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
thinking of going to GP5000 700c x 25 tires and just hope they fit.

This is what I run and fit is good.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
plant_based wrote:
thinking of going to GP5000 700c x 25 tires and just hope they fit.

This is what I run and fit is good.

Thanks!!!

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: 10,000 posts - new record? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
I'm wanting to experiment with my fit a little bit. Is there a shim I can get to independently raise my arm pads? I'm on the low/far stem and the highest bar spacer right now (45mm?). I want to play around with something slightly higher but don't want the headache of swapping the stem and spacer right now. Thoughts?

Cut up an old yoga mat into a bunch of pieces same shape as the trek arm pads. Tape a bunch of layers on to the top of existing arm pads to add as much height as you want. It won't help in raising the ends of the extensions, but will at least let you experiment with higher pad position. Could also tape a small extension of something, anything, to the ends of the extensions to simulate the height there too....
Quote Reply
Re: 10,000 posts - new record? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
I'm wanting to experiment with my fit a little bit. Is there a shim I can get to independently raise my arm pads? I'm on the low/far stem and the highest bar spacer right now (45mm?). I want to play around with something slightly higher but don't want the headache of swapping the stem and spacer right now. Thoughts?

There is a 5mm pad spacer you can install under the pad wing - part # 327606

You can also flip the pad wing if it isn't already upright!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: ***Speed Concept Fit Guide*** [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

Could you point me to the best frame size + stem set up?

Arm pad reach (BB to back of pad) 512mm
Arm pad stack 680mm
Saddle height 821mm

Thank you
Kodi
Quote Reply
Angled spacer [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I've searched around and can't find any so I suspect the answer is no. However, do any of you know if there is any kind of adapter or angled spacer or other aftermarket solution that will allow a greater range of tilt for the monobar? I did see some that angle the arm pads but looking for something that will angle the full monobar.

Cheers,
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [chrisone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can flip the pivot cradle 180 deg so the set screw is more towards the front of the bike. That will get you more tilt of the existing mono bar. If you haven't done so already, get the mono-plug in so you can run any extensions you want. You can get regular ski bends and then mount them on the opposite end to get your hands super high and close to praying mantis position.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any insight when the new SC is coming out? My LBS can't get a definitive date. Perhaps they are waiting on Shimano's Tuesdays release. Maybe a 70.3 Worlds release?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks stevej. Do you happen to know what kind of angle is achievable by flipping the pivot cradle? I'm looking to try and replicate my 15 degree setup from another bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Anyone have any insight when the new SC is coming out? My LBS can't get a definitive date. Perhaps they are waiting on Shimano's Tuesdays release. Maybe a 70.3 Worlds release?

Given that their existing models, like the madone, have been showing 400+ days out on the dealer website, I wouldn't hold your breath for a a new model to actually be available any time soon. They might 'release' it, just like argon 'released' their new e119, but actually getting one, I'm betting 2023.
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [chrisone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never measured it but you should be able to achieve 15 deg of tilt with the pivot cradle flipped and some high rise extensions.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
stevej wrote:

Given that their existing models, like the madone, have been showing 400+ days out on the dealer website, I wouldn't hold your breath for a a new model to actually be available any time soon. They might 'release' it, just like argon 'released' their new e119, but actually getting one, I'm betting 2023.

Yeah I'm not too concerned about the lead time as I know it's going to be long and out of my control. I know certain sizes of various models have smaller lead times than other sizes. Just spoke to my LBS owner this morning on a ride and he just ordered a few madone frames that currently show 4 weeks. I

I just want to get it in the cue regardless of what the lead time is.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
stevej wrote:

Yeah I'm not too concerned about the lead time as I know it's going to be long and out of my control. I know certain sizes of various models have smaller lead times than other sizes. Just spoke to my LBS owner this morning on a ride and he just ordered a few madone frames that currently show 4 weeks. I

I’m in the same boat. I want to get the new one as soon as I can, even if that turns out to be 2023.
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [mitchellgsides] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto, will jump into the P1 queue for a SpeedConcept Disc when it opens (or stock if that's the only option). I can ride my Wisc built SC until then
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
stevej wrote:

I have seen one. The triathlon version at least. They are a site to behold. They are coming soon. No clue about lead time, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Speed Concept Fit Guide*** [KodioMN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KodioMN wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Could you point me to the best frame size + stem set up?

Arm pad reach (BB to back of pad) 512mm
Arm pad stack 680mm
Saddle height 821mm

Thank you
Kodi

Sorry for the late reply!

You're probably best fit with an XL frame, Medium-Far stem, and a 15mm Mono spacer. I would also run a Long seatpost with a 50mm offset if that saddle measurement is to the rails. If it is to the top, you can run a Long seatpost with a 15mm offset which maxes out at 820mm to the rails.

Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:
stevej wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
stevej wrote:

I have seen one. The triathlon version at least. They are a site to behold. They are coming soon. No clue about lead time, etc.

So we've all seen the UCI version under pro riders........what was different about the tri version?
Quote Reply
Re: ***Speed Concept Fit Guide*** [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Mitch.
Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Rideon77 wrote:
stevej wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
stevej wrote:

So we've all seen the UCI version under pro riders........what was different about the tri version?

Compared to the current SC, not the new UCI version: Hydration and flat repair kit integration, seat stays, and cockpit. I only got a few min to look at it and no pictures but that's what I remember. They were coy on the official release date as you can imagine so I don't know the real date other than "soon" (when ever that means).
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the Tri version looks 90% different than the UCI one we've seen. The only thing similar is the rear brake design area. Everything else is totally revamped. The things mentioned above are true. Sick paint jobs. But the most stand out feature is ISO Speed! Can't wait!
Quote Reply
Re: Angled spacer [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. You and rideon77 are making me want to see this thing. Any idea on price points? Will it be like specialized and have crazy prizes and no option for us less wealthy people?

Hoping they have tiered prices and packages.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sigmachi wrote:
the Tri version looks 90% different than the UCI one we've seen. The only thing similar is the rear brake design area. Everything else is totally revamped. The things mentioned above are true. Sick paint jobs. But the most stand out feature is ISO Speed! Can't wait!

ooh, isospeed has me interested!
the #1 thing i dislike about my SC is that it feels rough and stiff on our chipseal roads, yet has a dead unresponsive ride feel (both as compared to my venge which is probably nearly as low drag in terms of the frame). isospeed would at least address the first part of that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sigmachi wrote:

Yes I forgot about the ISO speed. That will be interesting to see how that really works with ability to "dial in" comfort and fit. The paint job was sick and it was close to the colors of my current SC. (Yay me!). I see myself parting with some money soon.
Quote Reply
Bontrager Comp Road Pedal on SC [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

Question related to my Bontrager Comp Road Pedals I'm putting on my new SC (since y'all own both brands).

There is an adjustment screw for engagement resistance. As I lessen the resistance, is there any potential the adjustment screw can come all the way out/fall out? Even on the lowest resistance?

Thanks!

💀 Fxck Cancer Endurance Team 💀
⚡️⚡️ PLUSH Global ⚡️⚡️

Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager Comp Road Pedal on SC [JakeLikesDonuts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To my knowledge, it is a screw that can be fully removed, so you will just want to make sure it isn't fully hanging out. I tried to find a drawing of the screw to confirm this, but didn't see one in my view. I would not expect it to fall out though, it is under tension and should stay in place.

Quote Reply

Prev Next