Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang
Quote | Reply
Did I miss it or is this new news? Photo on Instagram of Dan in the car watching Lucy train in Lanzarote.

Hard to argue with the results, but I always thought she should get an established coach rather than Reece.

If she’s working with Lorang now, that’s pretty big news IMO, and if so I’m curious as to how long she has been.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw the same picture and asked myself the same q. Have not heard of them working together before. Guess he is picking up the new crop with frodeno being towards his end.
Frederic funk is also with lorang now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Did I miss it or is this new news? Photo on Instagram of Dan in the car watching Lucy train in Lanzarote.

Hard to argue with the results, but I always thought she should get an established coach rather than Reece.

If she’s working with Lorang now, that’s pretty big news IMO, and if so I’m curious as to how long she has been.

Couple of questions:

1. Why was she on a road bike?
2. Why was the bike blanked out?

Initially I thought he was working with Cube to get her dialed into a road bike. Why begs the question is she looking to switch after next year. Olympic qualification starts May 2022.

But maybe he is working with her?
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She wants to go to Paris, so I think she’s got to go all in on short course sooner than later.

Not sure if she wants to throw everything at Kona 2021 before doing that though?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cube is coming out with a new road bike that is due to be release very soon (I think at the end of the month).

I watched a youtube video of lucy recently where she was at club santa for a training camp. I was very surprised to see how low volume she runs. It averaged out to 32 mpw over a 6 week period. I thought that was pretty low for someone of her level. I would love to see what a prominent coach could do for her like Dan.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Lorang associated with Cube?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not entirely sure

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Cube is coming out with a new road bike that is due to be release very soon (I think at the end of the month).

Do you mean something different to the 2022 bikes that were released earlier this week? I assumed she was on a 2022 bike that had been blanked out almost in error
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [Polo_1272] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or she was not on a Cube and didn't want to promote her old bike sponsor.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
Or she was not on a Cube and didn't want to promote her old bike sponsor.

haha right...could just be using a rental or something that simple

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I watched a youtube video of lucy recently where she was at club santa for a training camp. I was very surprised to see how low volume she runs. It averaged out to 32 mpw over a 6 week period. I thought that was pretty low for someone of her level. I would love to see what a prominent coach could do for her like Dan.
What number of hours running training do you think would be optimal "for someone of her level"? Which female triathlete do you think is running your optimal amount?
I assume you think a "prominent" coach would have a beneficial effect?
Collins Cup in 3 weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
stevej wrote:

What number of hours running training do you think would be optimal "for someone of her level"? Which female triathlete do you think is running your optimal amount?
Collins Cup in 3 weeks.

There was a recent podcast with Patrick Lange's new coach and his numbers going into Tulsa were staggeringly low - 90 minutes longest run and I believe 50-60k a week max?

2:36 ain't too shabby off that.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
stevej wrote:

Collins Cup in 3 weeks.

There was a recent podcast with Patrick Lange's new coach and his numbers going into Tulsa were staggeringly low - 90 minutes longest run and I believe 50-60k a week max?

Low mileage is my approach too. Not working quite as well though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New as in last 3-6 months I think. She mentioned it before Leeds and I was like, oh, that's new.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
stevej wrote:

Collins Cup in 3 weeks.

So it's confirmed my training is world class and its just my genetics letting me down.

During the build up of battle royal Frodo posted his training time per discipline and week, I think he averaged like 3:14h running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
stevej wrote:

Collins Cup in 3 weeks.

Link to podcast?

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity what's the name of his new coach?

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It‘s Björn Geesmann. In a german podcast he said, that the long run of his athletes is max. 2,5h and not longer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lange's coach was on 'Scientific Triathlon Podcast' and he said the same thing. very very rarely runs over 90min
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've listened to the podcast and both Eriksson and Geesmann agreed the running volume was uncharacteristically low.

What works for uberrunner Lange and his physiology won't necessarily work for most PRO athletes, I assume. As a matter of fact I believe Geesmann said the low volume was Lange-specific.

Note that Lange seems to have improved his hitherto-average biking very substantially, too. The approach to running may have been part of a push to start biking harder.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Aug 6, 21 1:11
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [twirpburrows] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have heard this said by coaches of Pros, but those 90 minute runs are also coupled with another run at some point during the day. Morning/Evening type of thing. Not sure if that is the case with Lange and Lucy.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
New as in last 3-6 months I think. She mentioned it before Leeds and I was like, oh, that's new.

Interesting! Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [twirpburrows] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah....but..Lange can probably do 16-17miles quite comfortably in those 90 mins..! For normal humans, we need a bit longer
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles & Dan Lorang [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
stevej wrote:
Collins Cup in 3 weeks.

The video and 6 week period was in the lead up to leeds and just after doing the 1500m in olympic trials so not sure what the collins cups has anything to do with it.

I would have assumed her to be running high 30's/low 40's mpw on average at a minimum. Considering it's her weakest discipline, I would think that's where her and her coaches focus would be. But perhaps she was nursing an injury/niggle going into the camp or even during. Assuming she was healthy, that just surprises me it's that low and I would be interesting to know what her volume looks closer to a 70.3 & 140.6. If she can do low volume running and get the results she has, call me jealous.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
dfru wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
stevej wrote:

Collins Cup in 3 weeks.

Link to podcast?

https://scientifictriathlon.com/tts291/

Quote Reply

Prev Next