Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? July 12 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 12 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dr. TC - I hope your recovery is continuing apace.

I ran this week. First time in, well, forever. And only once. But it was a good start! I also managed to get out for a single ride, which also represents progress. Sprint at Rev3 New England in 3 weeks, so I'll need to do more of that. It was awesome following Dr. Cupcake and Bing at Musselman last weekend, too.

I also signed up for a November half marathon, and discovered that I'm going to be in Florida right as the 70.3 takes place in Haines City. Which has got me thinking that if I'm already going to be running the distance, maybe I could tack on some biking and swimming and sneak in a really late season race. Couch to 70.3 in 20 weeks... What's the worst that could happen?!

I hope all the womens are doing well!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 12 Edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week - keep up the healthy coping and exercise as allowed. I have a checkup on Thursday to see how my foot is healing.

The doctor said it's healing!
I did some lifting workouts (upper body only) and went canoeing one day.
day 58 of healthy coping was yesterday (Monday) with just the two lapses on day 31 and 48!!!!

goals this week are the same as last. I'm still not allowed to add any swim or anything, which I think has more to do with the incision than anything else.

I hope everyone is well.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 12 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good on the recovery Dr TC.
It's race week for me- first race since December 2019, first open water race in 2 years. Last open water swim was actually this race in 2019.
Monday-Swim (done), Tuesday- off- going to a talk w/race director, Wednesday- Swim & maybe bike or run, Thursday- volunteering to stuff goody bags & probably bike ride (to avoid having to pay for parking), Friday- volunteering at packet pickup & probably another bike ride & also picking up my packet, Saturday- 750m Swim, 20K Bike, 5K run, try not to overheat. They changed the bike course from last year, so there are fewer hills, the change was made to avoid the cruise ship terminal as there were supposed to be 2 ships in port that weekend last year...and now there are no cruise ships at all. Sunday- try to sleep in.
Last week- swam 4 times including my first open water swim in 2 years (see above) no wetsuit, as I won't be wearing one this weekend, ow swim was almost race distance, shop ride - Saturday- went a little further than usual for a total of about 20 miles. Run-Tuesday- hot trail run, took it easy so as to not hurt myself.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 12 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yay volunteering! Have a good race!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode the gravel bike last Saturday and have been going to yoga. I went to a vascular doctor about my varicose veins in my legs since my feet/ankles are in perpetual swelling mode and my lower legs feel like stumps of concrete. It does not lend itself to wanting to work out! So, I'm having the first of 4 procedures in two weeks. I've talked to a couple of people who have had it done and they said it makes a world of difference. I sure hope so.

Putting out an invitation to one of the "more mature" mens to put his goals here. He's a little shy but he can tell his story. I (and Dr.TC) told him that we a supportive bunch and that everyone, men included, is welcome to post a related topic or respond to any topic.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 12 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a friend who had surgery for his very bad varicose veins earlier this year. He said it was a game changer in how he feels/what he can do.

I hope you have a similar experience.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 12 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
I have a friend who had surgery for his very bad varicose veins earlier this year. He said it was a game changer in how he feels/what he can do.

I hope you have a similar experience.

Very happy to hear this, thanks!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 12 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mens are welcome too!

Quote Reply