Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Ian, sorry if this has been asked already: The CF also comes with what looks like a 15-25mm spacer under the stem. Is there a lower version of the bento for people who would like to remove that spacer and keep the top of the stem aligned with the box? The new gen of bikes is pretty tall, so this would be a nice option.

Edit: I see it does exist. Found the "short bento" in the accessories list.
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Jul 7, 21 16:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I'm talking about the CFR. so you are saying that you just use 2 of the angled spacers to reach a bigger tilt?

please do let me know if this is acceptable; my bike fitter seemed to say no; but this would for sure be the easiest solution,

thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Ian

I was wondering if you could help assist. I have my eye on the (Large) Speedmax CF 8 DISC, but wanted to confirm with you that my measurements are within specs

I had a 58" Cervelo P2

The only numbers that I can find from my last fitting are the following

Stack 559
Reach 437
Saddle Height 745
Saddle to Armrest 425
Cockpit 800
Seat Angle 78

Height 188 (A little bit over 6'2)
Inseam 84 (33.5)

Thanks
Nick
Last edited by: loosegroove: Jun 30, 21 21:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi

In desperate need for some advice! I'm looking at getting last year's model of the speedmax cf slx 8 rim brake, or the new cf8 disc di2. Looking at the geometry I'm worried I would be on the limit of the lower end of the small size frame on the cf slx. In regards the new cf 8 I'm worries it might be too relaxed. Would like your advice if one would fit better than the other or would either work as well?

Currently ride a giant trinity comp 2015.

My height 173cm.
Inseem 78cm

Saddle height 700mm
Centre of BB to back of arm pad 430mm
Centre of BB to base bar 550mm
Centre of BB to top of arm pad 610
Centre of my saddle behind BB is 105mm
Cranks 165mm.

These measurements are taken from my bike set-up currently. I'm not saying these are perfect for me by any means so need room to move either way once I have purchased new bike and gone for a fit.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [silverman4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Looking at a Speedmax CF8 or CF SLX 8.0. Based on my inseam (750 mm) the sizing chart says XS. Would like your opinion if this is the correct size.

Height - 171.cm
Inseam - 750mm
Seat Height - 705mm
Pad Y - 660mm
Pad X - 432mm

Silverman4,
I'm sorry I missed your post. Catching up now.

Based on the Pad Y of 660 and Pad X of 432..
For the SLX the XS wont bring the pads up high enough to meet you (XS maxes out at 635). I think the Small would be better and will meet you at 660/432* with the short stem & mid aero extension that comes stock in the USA and you'll need the high spacer which comes stock in the parts box upon purchase.

For the CF again, you're dead center for 660/432* in a size Small.

*Now, if you'll allow me.... I'm kinda surprised by your Pad Y of 660 and Pad X of 432. It seems to me that you are riding higher and farther back that I'd expect. I want to wade into this progressively. If you have fused lumber vertebrae, a beer belly, or some other physical issue that keeps you from riding lower and longer than let's keep you at 660/432 and you're all set. If these numbers are off a road bike with clip-on aerobars or you're sitting on a saddle well behind the bottom bracket or mismeasured or just an early/cautious position on an actual tri position than I want to suggest two things:
1) You can probably ride nearer to 600/460 in comfort, making power, and being a bit slipperier through the wind. AND...if you can get there or progress towards those numbers the CF in size small will go there with you....the SLX will get there too but you'll need to get the "long stem" for that bike (the short stem maxes out at Pad X of 440). And the "short stem" is not just a stem, it's the entire base bar cockpit and it doesn't cost $60 it costs...well, more (I don't know the price, I should, I'll investigate).

Get back to me here with question/comments and I'll reply quickly.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Ian,

I'm looking at the Speedmax CF 8 Disc because I need the aerobars (extension and pads) to pedestal independently left and right because my left humerus is 2" shorter.

I'm currently on a Speed Concept with a Pad X 510, Pad Y of 605 (on the lower side, other side is 50mm more) and seat height at 760.

AKCrafty,
Your dimensions make you an outlier - your Pad Y of 605/655 is manageable and it puts you on a smaller sized bike. Your Pad Y of 510 is, in relation, very long, super long. So long that I'd almost want to check to see if it is a typo (I know it's not a typo 'cuz you had to post twice to get my to respond [sorry for delay] and you typed 510 in both posts).

If you want to ride a Canyon Speedmax CF you'd need a size Small. One aerobar would be slammed and the other with ~50mm of pedestal (super easy to do with the Profile Design clip-ons). This bike - with the 70mm stem that comes stock - maxes out at Pad X of ~468. If you put on a 110mm stem you'd pretty much have your Pad X of 510. Canyon doesn't make a 110 but that's not an issue, the steer tube and base bar clamp are all standard on this bike so there are dozens of stem from which to choose.

Get back to me here if you have questions. I'll respond quickly.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [rocketronnie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hello gentlemen, are there any solutions out there to increase the angle of the aerobats higher than by using the maximum angle piece Canyon has supplied?
Ronnie,
If you're talking about the Speedmax CF... that bike is built with a Profile-Design Aeria Ultimate bracket that can provide tilt of the aerobars with the micro adjust of the mounting screws. I think the max is ~10deg.

If you're talk about the Speedmax CFR or SLX ... those bikes are built with Canyon's own cockpit and that build-kit has a 3deg tilt wedge, a 7deg tilt wedge.... and I don't know if this is intended but I built up Slowman's SLX with them stacked upon each other for a 10deg tilt.

Let me inquire with the engineers and make sure that's acceptable.

Ian

Ronnie,
I heard back from the engineer. Here's his response:
Quote:
Stacking these tilt wedges is officially not approved, since the spherical washers can not compensate for that angle.
I would not recommend this setup at this point.
In order to get more tilt on the arm rests I would use wedges right below the arm rests

This means that the max official tilt is 7 degrees on the SLX.
So, my next note is to Dan to say "don't ride that bike 'til I tweak the tilt that I set up".

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [mik641] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hello Ian, after advice on bike sizing for a canyon CF7 rim or the new CF7 disc..
190cm tall
85cm inseam
bike seat height from ctr of crank to top of seat = 84cm
172.5mm cranks
not sure about the x and y measurements as have never had a tri bike before.. current is a road felt XL frame
let me know if you need any more dimensions.

Mike,
I suspect your Pad Y is roughly 670 and your Pad X is about 510. For the Speedmax CF you're a size Large. The 90mm stem that comes stock on that bike will work well for you. You'll probably ride pretty low so be ready set the aerobars slammed on the base bar with no pedestals and very little spacer under the stem.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [loosegroove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hey Ian

I was wondering if you could help assist. I have my eye on the (Large) Speedmax CF 8 DISC, but wanted to confirm with you that my measurements are within specs
I had a 58" Cervelo P2
The only numbers that I can find from my last fitting are the following
Stack 559
Reach 437
Saddle Height 745
Saddle to Armrest 425
Cockpit 800
Seat Angle 78
Height 188 (A little bit over 6'2)
Inseam 84 (33.5)

Nick,
If you still have the P2 could you follow these instructions to get me your Pad Y/Pad X??? If not let me know and I'll proceed with other numbers you've offered here.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for looking into this!! much appreciated.

still looking for a solution to increase the angle. if you happen to hear or find something I'd be happy to hear about it.

thank you, Ronnie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ianpeace wrote:
AKCrafty,
Your dimensions make you an outlier - your Pad Y of 605/655 is manageable and it puts you on a smaller sized bike. Your Pad Y of 510 is, in relation, very long, super long. So long that I'd almost want to check to see if it is a typo (I know it's not a typo 'cuz you had to post twice to get my to respond [sorry for delay] and you typed 510 in both posts).

If you want to ride a Canyon Speedmax CF you'd need a size Small. One aerobar would be slammed and the other with ~50mm of pedestal (super easy to do with the Profile Design clip-ons). This bike - with the 70mm stem that comes stock - maxes out at Pad X of ~468. If you put on a 110mm stem you'd pretty much have your Pad X of 510. Canyon doesn't make a 110 but that's not an issue, the steer tube and base bar clamp are all standard on this bike so there are dozens of stem from which to choose.

Ian

Sorry about the double entry-started to reply on my phone and then went to the computer, looks like they were both posted! Okay...after properly measuring this time instead of going off numbers I had written down...here's where my bike is at currently: Pad X 462 (my lower pad for my longer arm), Pad Y 620. My seat height is at 755 where I ride and 765 at 14 cm back. My inseam snuggly measured is 834. Thanks for spending time on this, much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [Atchy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
In desperate need for some advice! I'm looking at getting last year's model of the speedmax cf slx 8 rim brake, or the new cf8 disc di2. Looking at the geometry I'm worried I would be on the limit of the lower end of the small size frame on the cf slx. In regards the new cf 8 I'm worries it might be too relaxed. Would like your advice if one would fit better than the other or would either work as well?

Currently ride a giant trinity comp 2015.

My height 173cm.
Inseem 78cm

Saddle height 700mm
Centre of BB to back of arm pad 430mm
Centre of BB to base bar 550mm
Centre of BB to top of arm pad 610
Centre of my saddle behind BB is 105mm
Cranks 165mm.

These measurements are taken from my bike set-up currently. I'm not saying these are perfect for me by any means so need room to move either way once I have purchased new bike and gone for a fit.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Atchy,
I get why it's a challenge; you have long legs. 780mm inseam for a person 1730mm tall - that's leggy. The Pad Y of 610 seems good to me. the Pad X of 430 seems short - I would have guessed 450 but your number is not unreasonable.

If you were to get a rim brake SLX it would have to be a size Small (the Medium is too long). So the prescription for the size Small on the rim brake SLX would be... size Small, with 45mm of arm pad pedestal and you'll need the short stem that came stock on this bike but you'll also need a Canyon aftermarket item called a TSP (Team Switch Plate) without that your minimum Pad X is 453, with it the minimum is 426mm. Now, my feelings on this bike for your position: it's good but not fabulous. You're kinda painted in a corner as it can only go up in pads another 10mm and that's with another Canyon aftermarket item called a "High Stack Flat Spring". And, as stated you're already, at Pad X of 430 while the minimum is 426 - but that worries me less as I have a feeling your optimal position is longer and you'd probably get that with a saddle that allowed you to ride comfortably a bit forward of where you are now.

Regarding the new disc brake CF...you, like many folks can fit on two sizes:
If you got the XS you'd be good to go with stock stem of 70mm and you'd push the pads forward one hole shy of maximum and you'd have 20mm of spacer under the stem. You have 10 more mm to go forward as is if you like. If...something happed to your position where you wanted to go longer in the cockpit than 437mm of X then you'd just call Canyon and order an 80mm stem and you'd be golden.

If you got the Small you'd be dead center of the Pad X range with the 70mm stem that comes stock and you'd be slammed in terms of Pad Y (bike's minimum is 605, you're at 610). If something happened to your position where you wanted to go lower (typically, as time marches on, folks like to go up a hair rather than down but I don't know exactly where you are now) you could, possibly leave the Canyon stem species and get any over the counter, production stem that pointed down more and you could steal yourself a lower position. It won't look as clean: it's nice when the top of the Canyon stem is level with the bento - but looks are one thing and proper fit is another.

Get back to me here if you have questions.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
AKCrafty,

Ian
Sorry about the double entry-started to reply on my phone and then went to the computer, looks like they were both posted! Okay...after properly measuring this time instead of going off numbers I had written down...here's where my bike is at currently: Pad X 462 (my lower pad for my longer arm), Pad Y 620. My seat height is at 755 where I ride and 765 at 14 cm back. My inseam snuggly measured is 834. Thanks for spending time on this, much appreciated!

AKCrafty,
Okay, this looks great. Here's the prescription:
Canyon Speedmax CF size Small. It comes with a 70mm stem and that, plus pads pushed one hole back of all-the-way-forward it can go will give you your Pad X. One arm pad will require 15mm of spacer and there other 65mm - I'd do that in this fashion: put 15mm under the stem, slam on arm pad and pedestal the other up 35mm.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi

Thanks for your response. In regards the cf slx rim brake. There stated min seat hight is 698mm mine is currently measuring 700mm. That's if I've measured correctly and got it set at the right height. Should this be a concern? If I put my inseem into canyons size calculator it says basically my legs are too short

Thanks

Mick.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [Atchy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi

Thanks for your response. In regards the cf slx rim brake. There stated min seat hight is 698mm mine is currently measuring 700mm. That's if I've measured correctly and got it set at the right height. Should this be a concern? If I put my inseem into canyons size calculator it says basically my legs are too short

Thanks

Mick,
I don't have min/max seat height documentation on the rim brake bikes and the only rim brake Speedmax I have physically here in my fit studio currently is a rim brake CF in size Medium. I can't give a definitive answer to this. I can give an anecdotal answer, here goes: I cannot, for once second, imagine that your seat height of 700 won't make it on a size Small SLX. My only guess is this... you might not have access to the water bottle bosses (well, one of them anyway) that exist behind the seat post. This may not matter to you for many reasons: a) you don't want a bottle there anyway, b) you want a bottle behind the seat and you're gonna mount one off the saddle rails like we've been doing for 30 years. I think that's the hesitation.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Ian,

My nephew is look at the Cf slx 8.0 sl. He is only 15 so he might grow a little. I would guess 5’10-11” at most.

He is riding an old orbea Ora hand me down that is a little too small now. Either way, here are his current measurements:

Height : 173
Inseam : 81

Crank arms 170

PY: 597
PX: 451 (looks like he needs to stretch out some)
Seat height : 762 ism saddle

Seems like he might max out a small but is below the minimum on a medium. Any insight?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [smon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hey Ian,

My nephew is look at the Cf slx 8.0 sl. He is only 15 so he might grow a little. I would guess 5’10-11” at most.
He is riding an old orbea Ora hand me down that is a little too small now. Either way, here are his current measurements:
Height : 173
Inseam : 81
Crank arms 170
PY: 597
PX: 451 (looks like he needs to stretch out some)
Seat height : 762 ism saddle

Seems like he might max out a small but is below the minimum on a medium. Any insight?

smon,
So great to come with all the proper data- thank you.

This is a tough call only because of the anticipated growth over the next 2-3 years - certainly within the lifespan of the bike. Let me just brainstorm on this post so you have the info you need.

If you went with the Speedmax CF in size Small it will work now with the 70mm stem that comes stock. You'd slam him to rock bottom and it would result in a Pad Y of 600 when his Pad Y is 597. I think that's okay because as he grows his seat height will likely go up and the bars will come up too to sustain his drop. As to the length of the cockpit the Small can go out another 15mm with this stem and another 10-20mm with an 80mm or 90mm stem. But, here's my concern: max seat height is ~775 and he's at 762. His legs are already long so this probably won't be an issue.

If you went with the Medium the seat height is fine, the cockpit distance leaves lots of room but the pad height is an issue. The Medium's lowest Pad Y is 630 and if he's riding at 597 now I don't think 630 will be satisfactory.

I think the small is the best bet.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Last edited by: ianpeace: Jul 9, 21 9:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ian,

Thanks so much for the help! I appreciate you taking the time to help everyone out - it's a lot of money and work to almost guess on a purchase like this!
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [smon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smon, my wife and I bought a mattress on-line a few years ago. I was nervous because what if it was too soft/too firm. The return policy made it okay. Two years ago I bought an used electric car on-line. I was nervous because what if it smelled of cigarette smoke, what if batter life had been diminished. The return policy made it okay. Canyon's return policy is what makes this purchase okay. I'm here to try and eliminate returns 'cuase they are a hassle for everybody. I'm confident you'll do well with this bike.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian,

I'm considering purchasing a Canyon TT/Tri bike and was hoping I can get some advice on the sizing/fit.

I was able to place an order of the Speedmax CFR TT Disc bike (https://www.canyon.com/..._rahmenfarbe=BK%2FBK) in size small a while ago. However, it won’t ship until the end of July at the earliest and I could still cancel it. For many reasons, I’m not 100% sure if this is the ‘best’ bike to purchase but then given the inventory issues all the bike brands seem to be having, I’m somewhat tempted to go ahead with the order.

While I would prefer the triathlon Speedmax (CFR or SLX), it is currently sold out everywhere and I’m not certain I would be able to get a good fit on it anyway. My body has rather unusual measurements and for some bikes, Canyon (as well as other brands) doesn’t even want to give me a size recommendation. I’m 173cm tall and my inseam is only 76cm. Based on the measurements, Canyon would recommend size XS for the triathlon Speedmax. However, I do not want to buy size XS as it comes with 27.5” wheels. So the question is: would size S still work for me?

On my current TT bike setup (Isaac Joule Aerotic size XS), the saddle is 695mm high (I’m using 172.5mm cranks), the armpad stack is 551mm and the armpad reach about 430mm. The saddle is almost all the way to the front (not UCI legal as the tip of the saddle is almost exactly in line with the bottom bracket). It is a fairly aggressive setup, however, I feel comfortable on the bike and can spend 3+ hours in this position without any major discomfort. I would like to aim for a similarly aggressive position on my new bike as I mainly do shorter time trials and no triathlons at this point.

All my current bikes are equipped with 172.5mm cranks and I always liked them. I would consider going to 170mm cranks (but probably not 165mm). So my thinking is that 170mm cranks should allow me to move my saddle up by 2.5mm and this would effectively increase the drop from the saddle to the armpads. I would still be some ways from my current saddle-to-armpad drop but slightly less so.

I’d be happy to get your thoughts and if you think size S is a viable option.

Thank you very much in advance,
Johannes
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [JStef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should probably be using 150mm or 155mm cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official FIT ASSISTANCE for Canyon Speedmax CFR, CF SLX, and CF (disc & rim brake) [JStef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hi Ian,

I'm considering purchasing a Canyon TT/Tri bike and was hoping I can get some advice on the sizing/fit.

I was able to place an order of the Speedmax CFR TT Disc bike.... in size small a while ago. However, it won’t ship until the end of July at the earliest and I could still cancel it. For many reasons, I’m not 100% sure if this is the ‘best’ bike to purchase but then given the inventory issues all the bike brands seem to be having, I’m somewhat tempted to go ahead with the order.

.... I’m 173cm tall and my inseam is only 76cm. Based on the measurements, Canyon would recommend size XS for the triathlon Speedmax. However, I do not want to buy size XS as it comes with 27.5” wheels. So the question is: would size S still work for me?

On my current TT bike setup....saddle is 695mm high (I’m using 172.5mm cranks), the armpad stack is 551mm and the armpad reach about 430mm. The saddle is almost all the way to the front (not UCI legal as the tip of the saddle is almost exactly in line with the bottom bracket). It is a fairly aggressive setup, however, I feel comfortable on the bike and can spend 3+ hours in this position without any major discomfort. I would like to aim for a similarly aggressive position on my new bike as I mainly do shorter time trials and no triathlons at this point.

All my current bikes are equipped with 172.5mm cranks and I always liked them. I would consider going to 170mm cranks (but probably not 165mm). So my thinking is that 170mm cranks should allow me to move my saddle up by 2.5mm and this would effectively increase the drop from the saddle to the armpads. I would still be some ways from my current saddle-to-armpad drop but slightly less so.

I’d be happy to get your thoughts and if you think size S is a viable option.

Thank you very much in advance,
Johannes

Johannes,
Thanks for meeting me here to discuss. If I were to just take the numbers: Seat Height 695, Pad Y 551, Pad X 430 and apply them to the CFR..you could fit on a size small, with the short stem and absolutely, rock-bottom slammed and the Pad X is right in the middle so you've got lots of fore/aft options. The pads will not be at 551 - as you've already surmised - they will be more like 559. I'm impressed that you have considered shorter cranks and how they might improve the fit on this bike...however, I want you to go further. There's great value in shorter cranks and not just to solve your drop, they will free up your hip angle and you'll be faster. That's it. I know it might seem counter intuitive but you'll make more power with 165s than with 170s.

My advice is to keep the order, accept the bike, put some 165s on there and fly.

Ian

Ian Murray
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Last edited by: ianpeace: Jul 14, 21 14:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ian -

Had a few chats with Canyon online, but now I have more specific fit data, I'm keen on the SLX, but don't think I can come close on armpad stack, but the CF seems doable? Would love your opinion either way.

Cheers, Pat

Existing bike - Small Trek TTT (OG) with 165mm crank and the XXX cockpit with profile straight bars. My fitter is conservative on stack, but at 44, I'm ok with that right now. I'm 5'6 w/ 81cm inseam.

Top of saddle to center of pedal spindle = 89 cm

Nose of saddle to bar/stem intersection = 47 cm with ISM Breakway saddle
Top of saddle to top of bars = -100 mm
KOP = + 75 mm
Saddle tilt = - 3.5 degrees

STA = 80.5 degrees *
TT = 50 cm c to c LEVEL *
ST = 55 cm *
Stand Over = 80.5 cm MAXIMUM

Frame coordinates
Y = 55 cm +
X = 39.5 cm -

(*) off size cycle

Stem = 9 cm @ -17 degrees with 7.5 cm rise along the HT (off size cycle) w 42 cm BASE Bars

Approx X-Y for the aero pad:
Y= 66.5 cm
X = 48.5 cm
Last edited by: BPdc: Jul 14, 21 9:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much for the feedback, Ian!

Regards,
Johannes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply Ian. The pad Y of 660 and pad X of 432 are correct but I believe I can ride a bit lower and longer. I'm 64 and not quite as limber as I used to be and I currently ride a 2005 Cannondale Slice in a 56, which is just a bit large for me. The nose of the ISM Adamo saddle is even with the bottom bracket - it is as far forward as the rails will allow. Not sure I can get to 600/460 but probably get close, though I suspect I will want to ease back a bit as the years go by. As you note below the CF8 in small will serve either case. My question is if I cannot get all the way to 600/460 on the SLX in small, what would be the cutoff point for needing the longer stem?

I very much appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Steve
Quote Reply

Prev Next