Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? July 5 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 5 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My surgery went well Tuesday morning. I'm feeling pretty good, not yet itching to work out (this is a godsend), and being gentle with myself. My goals for this week are to keep resting. I was told "at least a week" with no exercise, which puts me at Wednesday as the earliest day back if I want to do upper body stuff or core. I'm not going to force it and will wait until I am completely lusting after lat pulldowns.

day 44 in a row of healthy coping skills except a small slip on day 31!

I lifted on Friday and Sunday - the former at the gym and the latter mostly core work at home with the minimal equipment I have here. It felt good. :-)

Friday was also unfortunately a tough day mentally so I'm on day 51 of healthy coping skills in a row minus two days (day 31 and I think Friday would have been day 48).

My big news is that I had a peer-reviewed publication accepted today!

goals for this week - keep up the healthy coping and exercise as allowed. I have a checkup on Thursday to see how my foot is healing.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 5 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey TC!

49 days in AND a publication accepted! Woo hoo!!!!! So exciting :)

I'm ok. I am gearing up for the Musselman this weekend (as is Dr. Cupcake!). I had some workouts from my coach last weekend that felt too hard. I was real tired still from the peak training the week before, so I chilled out a little more. This week, I'm doing fun taper things and getting excited for my first mdot race back.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 5 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I am gearing up for the Musselman this weekend (as is Dr. Cupcake!).

Nice!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late to the party-
Last week went okay, I don't really like fireworks. We had a lot of illegal fireworks in the neighborhood, since my head injury I do not like the sudden noises, I'm okay with the professional stuff like at Disneyland, as I know when they are coming. The kitties were also scared, one spent the entire day under my bed, the other came out only to hide behind a bookcase (their first fourth inside, last year they were still with their feral mamas). Shop rides are back, yay! Rode with local shop the last 2 Saturdays.

This week-swim x4 , with 1 open water swim (3 pool swims done, open water scheduled for tomorrow) as I need to get some open water swimming in since I haven't swam in open water in about 2 years, and I am racing next weekend (the 17th). bike 2x, run 2x (one done -trail run). I also did a walking workout on treadmill- where I walk with small weights in each hand at a higher incline than I normally run at, this is how I re-learned how to run in college after shin issues, so I thought it might help me be better prepared to race without injuring myself.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 5 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear from you! Poor kitties :-(
I hope you have a good OWS today.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? July 5 Edition [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super late chiming in to say that I've never seen so many fireworks as there are in SoCal on July 4. Those people are obnoxious, selfish, and completely unsafe. It's really a problem. I'm sorry that you had to put up with that!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply