Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Opinions on G-Push.
Quote | Reply
WE just bought some G-Push product for our store. I was impressed by the sodium content among other things. Also, customers have been asking for it. Any thoughts or experiences with G-Push out there?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Gpush---i dont think it tastes wonderful, but for races thats usually what i use. I say races, cause for me, its too expensive as a daily drink for rides etc. Gpush is to fluid replacement what Cervelo is to bike technology. They've raised the bar in my opinion, the concept that changing the caloric level, carb % based on differing lengths is nothing new, but to my knowledge their the only company that offers such a product. For one of my 1/2 IM's last yr, I had 3 different bottles of Gpush on the ride, the 2 for the first bottle, a combo of 2+3 for the second bottle and the 3 for the last one. It worked really well for me, i didnt bonk, and i didnt need to chug down my gels cause i was getting the calories i needed from the gpush. As you mentioned, i love the high sodium content.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using G-Push 2 on a daily basis all month and have been very happy with it. On particularly long days I'll chug a bottle of 4 after I'm done. With my training schedule now, nutrition during my rides has becomve particularily important as because of timing, I am often swimming, then breakfast, then riding and running all in the morning hours back to back. This is anywhere from 3 hours to 6 or 7 hours of workouts each morning. Usually on the bike I am just drinking formula 2 and a banana or two and have been fine with that and am having some great post ride runs now.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As an aside, our bodies oxidize galactose at 50% the rate of sucrose glucose, maltodextrin, etc. thus their little chart that shows a lower insulin response. Our insulin levels tend to stabilize quite quickly once exercise starts.

andrew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too, use Gpush. Have for quite a while now. I have had stomach problems with other products and Gpush is very easy on the system. To get past the taste, I will use a little rasberry Hammergel in the mix. If you have customers with sensitive stomachs, this is the stuff to sell them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use G1 and really like it. I find products containing Maltodextrin hard on my stomach so can't take most sports drinks including G2 (G1 uses Galactose only where G2, G3 and G4 use a blend of Galactose and Maltodextrin). I use Cliff shots and Cliff bars with the G1 to get my percent carbs up without the Maltodextrin.

In my last marathon I carried 6 of the pouches of G1 in a pocket in my jersey and mixed my own during the run. Found it worked really well for me drinking G1 throughout the run. It's mild enough for me not to have to alternate with water and that way I know I'm keeping my sodium up. On the bike I carry a water bottle with G1 mixed very concentrated and mix it with a bottle of water in my jetstream to dilute it to reqular strength.

Gpush is the sponsor for our local Western Canada Triathlon series this year (www.multisportscanada.com). The shop I buy Gpush at told me they are bringing out a Galactose Gel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i like the concept, liked the the rationale for the various formulations and all that, but really didn't like the taste.

unfortunately that last little detail is pretty important when you're trying to convince yourself to replenish and your body isn't quite as interested as it should be.

maybe if i did longer races i'd give it another try, but us short-course types have a lot more attractive options when it comes to fuel...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using GPush for a year and really like it. Previously I had stomach problems with sport drinks, but no more...

I wrote an account of how I've been using it in training and racing here: http://www.competitionzone.com/...ation-strategies.htm

Natasha

www.CompetitionZone.com
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [Train Wreck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your situation is the similar to julieanne white's. she lost half her large intestine after the '93 ironman in kona, and has had sporadic gut problems since then until recent years. she used to have a lot of GI trouble with the other fluid replacement drinks. gpush is the only thing she drinks, and she puts in quite a few 120 and 130 mile weeks running (she just competes in footraces now) without incident.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my third season using G-Push. For me, it is the best product out there. I say "for me" because I think the ultimate test for any race nutrition product is how is sits in your belly, and everyone's belly reacts differently. If it does agree with your system, the content is great. Easy on the GI system, good sodium content, good carb levels and easy to take in. Like Greg, I'm not crazy about the G-3, although I am giving it another chance. I use the G-1 (before), G-2 (during) and G-4 (after) religiously.
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [czone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Natasha,

Would you know specifically where we might find this product in Ontario. I've tried various drinks and have yet to find one that my stomach is completely compatible with.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [Mike A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice to have them as a sponsor this year isn't it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure is!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guys, Thanks for all the input on G-Push. We're excited to get our first order and I will pay particular attention to the taste.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get mine direct, but their website says you can buy it at Enduropsort, and most GNC locations.

Natasha

www.CompetitionZone.com
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [czone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Natasha. I'll give Endurosport a call.

Greg
Quote Reply
G-Push in ON [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure you can get it at EnduroSport

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like it. Not too fond of the taste (esp on hot days), but I like the nutritional content as well as how it sits in my gut. It ain't cheap, but it works very well for me.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried to use G3 in the 2001 GFT (IM). Mixed it the same morning. Had 2 bottles on my bike and 2 in special needs. 1st bottle on bike tasted suspect, 2nd on bike not drinkable. Both in sp. needs bag were rancid! Used the stuff in training for 3 months without incident. But in the Florida heat it spoiled and tasted rancid. I have not used G-Push since. My experiences in training were it was awesome! Only heard of a couple of others that had the same problem. Anyone know if this problem has been addressed? Anyone had the same problems? What about G2?
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i believe this is a problem with:

1. G3, and possibly G4
2. race organizers who don't keep the special needs bags and bottles cooler. i sure wish they'd work harder at that.

i doubt you'd have that problem with putting G2 in your special needs bag, and i suspect G2 might be a better solution for that use anyway.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe it is pyschosomatic but I swear G-push made me have to pee more often. If you are an old guy, you pay attention to this kind of thing.

Taste and other aspects were fine.
Bill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has the taste of G-Push changed in the past year or two? There seem to be so many posts that like the product and don't mind the taste. Maybe it's just me, but honestly I had the hardest time forcing myself to drink the stuff when I tried it. Whatever benefits the formula has makes no difference if I can't get it in my gullet. This was two years ago or so that I tried it, however. Does anybody know if the taste has changed since then? I think at that time it was only offered in one flavor...still true?
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just recently started using all the G-Push products and I love them! I can't believe how much better I feel while training with them. I e-mailed them to find out the best place to get their products in Ontario, and apparently you should go to GNC - There's something like 30 or 40 locations.
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [Michael G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gpush did change their product about a year ago. The new formula is finer texture and a slightly different colour. It disolves easier than it did before. I didn't notice a difference in taste (but I like the taste of Gpush). It still is offered in one flavour only.

One complaint I've heard is some people get a lot of gas from the Galactose. I also know two people who tried it and had cramping.
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on G-Push. [Michael G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HI Michael:

When I e-mailed G-Push I also asked about the taste because I had tried it once a couple of years ago and felt the same way you did. Turns out, they have changed the formula since then, and it's much better now - you should try it again!
Quote Reply

Prev Next