Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? May 24 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?
Happy Victoria Day to the Canadian womens.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: May 24, 21 5:26
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 24 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week:
race this AM and have fun doing it (I ran a half in Portland, ME and did have fun) done
day off from swimming, am doing that one currently done
7/7 days healthy coping! done, actually have 9 days of healthy coping in a row!
do foam roll or hip/glute exercises every day I think I did this twice
swim little fishie tail off yes
bike at least once yes, but indoors... see below

So, as you know I've been babying a foot thing for a bit. I had a doctor's appt on Tuesday afternoon and x rays revealed a stress fracture in my right fifth metatarsal. I was shocked - I thought I'd been dealing with tendonitis. There are many, many things I'm now kicking myself for --- one of them being that the original appt was scheduled for last Friday (before the race) and they called and asked if they could reschedule it to fit in a kid who really really needed to be seen. So I said yes... and if I had kept the appointment, maybe I would now have a stress reaction instead of a fracture. There are some other things I'm not happy about with myself and how I got into this situation but I'm trying not to beat myself up about it and learn from it instead - like in the future, I will see a doctor earlier (I waited 3 weeks on this because I didn't want to bug my orthopedist with what I thought would go away with a week of rest), take time off after a long race (and maybe short ones), and advocate for myself more (surely there were other scheduling things that could have been done to keep my Friday appointment).

Anyway, I was emotionally exhausted last week. I see the orthopedist today, though since I'm in Maine it's not the distance-runner-orthopod in Oklahoma that I really really like. (I've been reminding myself that if I don't like the Maine person I can always try a telehealth thing with the other orthopod).

So, my week was
M - 13.38 mi race (a half marathon in Portland, ME aimed at the 50 stater types, if you're confused about a Monday race in May)
T - 2525 yd swim + 2.5 mi run
W - 2775 yd swim + 6 mi upright bike
T - 2825 yd swim + 1h45 stairmaster
F - 3225 yd swim + 90 min recumbent bike
S - 45 min recumbent bike + 5300 yd swim
S - 45 min recumbent bike + 5900 yd swim

on the upside of things, I am swimming really fast right now.

goal this week
continue to build up healthy coping skills days
let fracture heal
swim fishie tail off and take another second off my 200 (I was hitting 2:28s and 2:29s last week)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 24 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hurray for fast swimming and healthy coping skills! Sorry about the foot - sending get better soon vibes your way.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? May 24 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you.
11 days in a row of healthy coping and going on #12 !

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up to swim 3 days this week (only 4 days available with masters, but I run on Tuesdays), but my Monday got cancelled as too many people (>10) were signed up. Will be swimming tonight & tomorrow (Wed & Thur), with possible run thurs, as I am not currently scheduled to work (it's the last week of school). Have no clue as to what I'll be doing after this week, as I didn't get summer school, this is only the third summer since I started teaching that I haven't taught summer school, the second was last summer...our district decided to "farm out" the advancement summer school classes to a local online charter school, so the teachers who would be teaching those classes are now teaching the remediation classes, leaving fewer openings for summer school.
Hope everyone is doing well this week.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply