Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Veloflex Records beat Vittoria Corsa Speeds [Xavier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BRR updated their review of the VFR with the following:
BRR wrote:
Veloflex renewed all their tires in Q3 2020 and the Record now makes use of a "natural rubber and silica" compound instead of the "natural rubber exclusive" compound that was used before Q3 2020. The use of silica increases wet grip but it comes at the cost of a 10-15% increase in rolling resistance.

Interesting. Did you guys see any differences on the packaging?
Last edited by: aravilare: May 11, 21 14:38
Quote Reply
Re: New Veloflex Records beat Vittoria Corsa Speeds [aravilare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: New Veloflex Records beat Vittoria Corsa Speeds [aravilare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang, glad I got a pair early.
Quote Reply
Re: New Veloflex Records beat Vittoria Corsa Speeds [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoping some other enterprising folks with rollers can confirm that the Crr has gone up significantly... or not.
Quote Reply
Re: New Veloflex Records beat Vittoria Corsa Speeds [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
trail wrote:
I'm pretty daring, but Corsa Speed is about my personal limit for amateur TT courses.

I'm going to give them a go and see how they workout for me. I do have pretty pristine roads and I had zero flats on my Corsa Speeds. But it might be an expensive experiment that doesn't workout for me.

What has your experience been with them so far, with regard to puncture/flats?

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: New Veloflex Records beat Vittoria Corsa Speeds [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ex-cyclist wrote:
I'm in the down to the chords camp too. I think a lot of people just don't pay attention to where they're riding. I'm pretty sure very few people do the "brush the tire" trick with their fingers when they run through stuff either. I was taught
that early and it is pretty much reflexive at this point.
Can you explain what this trick is?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: New Veloflex Records beat Vittoria Corsa Speeds [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Hoping some other enterprising folks with rollers can confirm that the Crr has gone up significantly... or not.
Bumping this. @Xavier? Considering purchase.

Also buying corsa speeds 2.0 in the meantime...

Quote Reply
Re: New Veloflex Records beat Vittoria Corsa Speeds [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrAlexHarrison wrote:
Ex-cyclist wrote:
I'm in the down to the chords camp too. I think a lot of people just don't pay attention to where they're riding. I'm pretty sure very few people do the "brush the tire" trick with their fingers when they run through stuff either. I was taught
that early and it is pretty much reflexive at this point.
Can you explain what this trick is?

Not really a trick... just rub your gloved hand on the tire while you are riding.
Quote Reply
Re: New Veloflex Records beat Vittoria Corsa Speeds [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrAlexHarrison wrote:
LAI wrote:
trail wrote:
I'm pretty daring, but Corsa Speed is about my personal limit for amateur TT courses.

I'm going to give them a go and see how they workout for me. I do have pretty pristine roads and I had zero flats on my Corsa Speeds. But it might be an expensive experiment that doesn't workout for me.

What has your experience been with them so far, with regard to puncture/flats?

Only experience I have is mounting the textured version on my new wheel. The baby butt versions are still in the box. Haven't touched a bike all year, but for one memorial ride. I am, however, looking to change that and will be doing some testing here soon hopefully. Although, that all depends on my change of hobbies. So I wouldn't hold your breath. sorry.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just picked up some of the tubs and clinchers to roll at track nationals. Hopefully I didn't make a bad call here but have you all heard of the best glue for these? I assume the Vittoria Mastik will work but there could be an issue like the conti/vittoria mix that I'm not aware of.
Quote Reply
Re: New Veloflex Records beat Vittoria Corsa Speeds [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Hopefully I didn't make a bad call here...

or....

Last edited by: rruff: Jul 2, 21 8:50
Quote Reply
Re: New Veloflex Records beat Vittoria Corsa Speeds [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We use Conti exclusively

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, we've just retested the latest batch of Veloflex Records that we've been sent, and there's a ~7.5% increase in Crr compared to previous ones. The tread is a bit different on these. We contacted Veloflex and they confirmed that the tread is now done differently, but the difference is only 1.2w for a pair of wheels at 45kph (0.6w per tyre), meaning that they're still faster than Corsa Speeds.

We'll update our Crr chart online soon to reflect that

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: New Veloflex Records beat Vittoria Corsa Speeds [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
Hopefully I didn't make a bad call here...

*Pista Speed*

or....

*Pista Oro

I don't have the fitness for this half-cocked attempt to warrant/justify the Oro's. Maybe when elite nationals returns to LA and I actually train for it. I still have a speed glued on my 900 disc from a local TT last year so I might just roll that if it's in good shape but I wanted to make sure that I had backups in case I get a flat between IP, TP and points races.

Xavier wrote:
We use Conti exclusively

Thank you.
Quote Reply

Prev Next