Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who's got the shot? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So excited for everyone that is getting it. Still impatiently waiting to move to the "go get it" list...
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
Got my second shot on Monday. Felt good till about noon yesterday. Then a trainwreck until about 9pm and then fine. It seemed like it went back to normal fast as I went to shit.

Glad this is done though, I hope they get the kids dosing figured out and approved quickly.

100%! I need my two lil'Shadys vacinnated yesterday!! so that they can resume their sports ..I mean SCHOOL. Yeah school!..
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got my second Pfizer yesterday and other than a little soreness at the injection site feeling fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [SinkCrashBonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my first dose of the AZ today. Feeling pretty happy, although my body tends to go "worst case scenario" so I'm not very excited about later tonight/tomorrow side effects.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [crowny2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
What an awesome shot in the arm. Moderna one done, May 14th for the second one!!!!

I'm one day ahead of you. My second Moderna shot is May 13. I had to drive 75 minutes to find a Walgreens with open appointments, but it's worth the drive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SinkCrashBonk wrote:
Just got my second Pfizer yesterday and other than a little soreness at the injection site feeling fine.

Second Pfizer yesterday afternoon - yeah, my arm hurts, but I haven't gotten to the 'flu like symptoms' part of the ride the others in my household experienced: chills, fatigue, headache

The GPS apps on my phone lights up anytime I walk past it; which is weird, since I don't even remember putting that app on it?

Also, the music in my head is much clearer and more defined now

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was second Pfizer yesterday at 8:15am so I am just over 24 hours out. My arm is sore and is maybe only a tad bit sorer than it was with shot #1. Other than that I am not sure I am having any symptoms. I am a bit fatigued but I was also tired before the injection due to some accumulated training fatigue. I also may or may not have a headache. I can't decide if I am imagining symptoms or its just related to the obscene amount of pollen in the air or the vaccine. Either way its not enough for me to get up and go find some Tylenol. I am just happy its nothing like what I have been reading about friends -- terrible headache, chills, aches, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife just got her first Pfizer and must be allergic because she had heart palpitations, nausea, light headedness, and left arm numbness. It's been almost 48 hours and those symptoms have lessened but she still gets the palpitations occasionally.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [jkstevens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fully vaccinated. Was stupid with the first and went for a run later in the day. What was mild dehydration symptoms turned into full body cramps. But was fine after dinner.

Second one was uneventful. Got it at night, slept like a baby and was good to go the next day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SinkCrashBonk wrote:
My wife just got her first Pfizer and must be allergic because she had heart palpitations, nausea, light headedness, and left arm numbness. It's been almost 48 hours and those symptoms have lessened but she still gets the palpitations occasionally.

It isn't an allergy, it is just worse side affects. Some people get them worse and if you have already had it they can be worse. I got mine at 11:15 last Friday. I woke up Saturday morning at 5:00 am needing to talk myself whether or not I was having a seizure due to violent and uncontrollable shivering from the fever. I decided that if I could keep the shivers going for a couple days it would really melt off the weight.

30 - 36 hours later I was feeling a lot better. 60 hours later I had a fever pop back up (Sunday night) but by morning it was gone and I was good to go. She'll get better.

I try not to tell that story because I don't want to discourage people from getting it, but yes, there can be some not so fun side affects.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
SinkCrashBonk wrote:

It isn't an allergy, it is just worse side affects. Some people get them worse and if you have already had it they can be worse. I got mine at 11:15 last Friday. I woke up Saturday morning at 5:00 am needing to talk myself whether or not I was having a seizure due to violent and uncontrollable shivering from the fever. I decided that if I could keep the shivers going for a couple days it would really melt off the weight.

30 - 36 hours later I was feeling a lot better. 60 hours later I had a fever pop back up (Sunday night) but by morning it was gone and I was good to go. She'll get better.

I try not to tell that story because I don't want to discourage people from getting it, but yes, there can be some not so fun side affects.

Wow, that's probably the most significant report of side effects I've seen in this thread. Thanks for sharing the experience. And no, it doesn't discourage me from getting my 2nd next week.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [jkstevens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wife got Jab #2 today down at Ft Benning. Her purse had been stolen last week at her work--w/ all forms of ID, credit cards, check book, and her vaccination card. It was a long week getting our credit frozen, bank accounts changed, new CC's, disputing charges the thief had made on her cards before we shut them down. One of the things she lost was her DoD ID card and we can't get a replacement until JUL. I went online and got her a "proof" of entitlement to military health care from TriCare---that and her passport were enough for her to get shot #2

The young Soldiers running the site at Ft Benning said that the last few weeks the demand had dropped off appreciably after initial surge. There were still quite a few people in line tho. We were in and out in about 30 min total.

Our son and daughter have both had shot #1 and are awaiting #2--out in TX and AZ respectively.

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got shot #1 about 45 minutes ago. Got #2 scheduled for 4 weeks from today. Hoping for no side effects but we’ll see. My husband got J&J and felt like he’d been hit by a bus for almost 3 days. We know of 4 other men his age (mid 40’s or so) and all had similar reactions and all had the J&J shot on the same day. I got Moderna.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got moderna shot on tuesday. i still have joint pain in my hands and wrists, 3 days later.
no fever, a few pangs of headache on the first day.
joint pain since wednesday
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [Ozymandias] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://
Ozymandias wrote:
Fully vaccinated. Was stupid with the first and went for a run later in the day. What was mild dehydration symptoms turned into full body cramps. But was fine after dinner.

Second one was uneventful. Got it at night, slept like a baby and was good to go the next day.

I see a lot of you guys going back to full tilt training 1-2 days after your shots.
This is not something I would have done, nor did, even I also felt 'fine' after the shot.

The vaccine does challenge your body, and there may be inflammation going on that you are not aware of.
You all know more or less about the dangers of training with a viral infect.
Yeah, your vaccination is eliciting an antiviral response that uses some of the mechanisms at play when infected with a real virus.

It isn't really too surprising those cases of myocarditis are popping up in Israel now as they started vaccinating younger people.
Although right now it is unclear if there is a connection to exercise, fact is that myocarditis is of concern in active younger adults:
https://www-timesofisrael-com.cdn.ampproject.org/...in-men-under-30/amp/

Take it easy out there! It's not worth the risk.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [gogogo!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gogogo! wrote:
got moderna shot on tuesday. i still have joint pain in my hands and wrists, 3 days later.
no fever, a few pangs of headache on the first day.
joint pain since wednesday

Moderna put me down yesterday. Slight fever, joint pain, slight headache, foggy. Kind of like I went on a bender Thursday and woke up with a hell of a hangover. Today I am just tired with some joint pain and weakness.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i woke up totally normal today, and realize how foggy i have been for the past 2 days. may 18 is the second shot.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [gogogo!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gogogo! wrote:
i woke up totally normal today, and realize how foggy i have been for the past 2 days. may 18 is the second shot.

This was my second shot.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some questions for those who have had a jab: Right arm? Left arm? Doesn't matter?

I was looking at the footage of drive-through mass vaccination clinics in the US and people hanging their arm out the window and receiving their shot. Would lefties just have to get out of the vehicle?

Do they have similar drive-throughs in the UK where the drivers would be hanging the right arm out of the window?

I have no idea. Our vaccination roll-out is appalling in Aust. Currently less than 2 million shots given to date.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [satanellus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
satanellus wrote:
Some questions for those who have had a jab: Right arm? Left arm? Doesn't matter?

I was looking at the footage of drive-through mass vaccination clinics in the US and people hanging their arm out the window and receiving their shot. Would lefties just have to get out of the vehicle?

Do they have similar drive-throughs in the UK where the drivers would be hanging the right arm out of the window?

I have no idea. Our vaccination roll-out is appalling in Aust. Currently less than 2 million shots given to date.

Get it in your non dominant arm.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
satanellus wrote:
Some questions for those who have had a jab: Right arm? Left arm? Doesn't matter?.

I did shot #1 in my left arm, and shot #2 in my right arm. Or maybe vice versa.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
satanellus wrote:

Get it in your non dominant arm.

That's what I would assume. I just wondered about the relative efficiency of a drive-thru set up with everyone in right-side drive vehicles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turn your body and hang your left arm out.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, that works. Just checked it out. It's easier than I envisaged.

I've had no reason to get in my car for the last three days, so ST was the easy/lazy way to satisfy my curiosity.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
satanellus wrote:
Some questions for those who have had a jab: Right arm? Left arm? Doesn't matter?.

I did shot #1 in my left arm, and shot #2 in my right arm. Or maybe vice versa.

They had me get it in the same arm. They were specific about it. Pfizer. I assume the vaccine doesn't just stay in my arm so not sure why it would matter. I also got it in my dominant arm - my choice. The whole operation (Worcester State University run by St Vincent Hospital) was kind of amazing with the constant throughput of people, the number of volunteers, and efficiency.

My daughter got hers in a drive through. Felt sorry for those volunteers -- 20 mph wind and 32 F.
Quote Reply

Prev Next