Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who's got the shot? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
I am now officially two weeks post-second Pfizer shot!

LET THE PARTYING BEGIN!! (kidding)

Lol...

My Full V-Day is 4/20...
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. I never lied about anything to get it. The article said they were giving it to anyone, no appointment needed. I asked when I arrived, you didn't need to fit any category. There was no line at the place I went to. I asked and they said there was some computer glitch that meant those sites had extra doses to give.

I was trying to be helpful and give advice on how to look up how to get the shots because I haven't found it to be a very easy thing to do and I wanted to be able to sign up as soon as I could.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [trirunnermaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just replying to the last as it's basically along the same lines...

I cannot believe that states are still at the 50+ point; it's crazy to me! NH is mostly pretty bumpkin, and we're getting ready to open it up to everyone! And by everyone, I mean anyone 16+, even out-of-staters:
https://www.wmur.com/...pril-8-2024/36061216
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [jkstevens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the different rules have been so crazy for sure. I was more than on board to make sure the most vulnerable got it first. California opens in 6 days to everyone 16+, and some counties here have supposedly already opened to everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [trirunnermaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would guess that vaccination sites are setting appointments for the number of guaranteed shots they receive week by week. It’s likely the number of shots they actually receive in shipments are in excess of the guaranteed number. Sites might receive several hundred extras for all we know. As long as they go in arms, it’s good enough.

So, there’s probably a mix of people in line at places— those who made an appointment 5 days prior and extra people responding to last-minute, advertised shots-for-anyone because the site has received more shots than they anticipated.

Honestly, both types of recipients are doing us a favor. The more shots that get used and the more people who get vaccinated, the better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkstevens wrote:
Just replying to the last as it's basically along the same lines...

I cannot believe that states are still at the 50+ point; it's crazy to me! NH is mostly pretty bumpkin, and we're getting ready to open it up to everyone! And by everyone, I mean anyone 16+, even out-of-staters:
https://www.wmur.com/...pril-8-2024/36061216

It’s because the whole State of California is run by exactly the same kind of immature people and with the same selfish attitude I took offense with.

Sure it doesn’t help to have that many residents, but if the communities beg the National Guard to stay and continue running mass vac sites at this point in time, you know it’s dire.
Last edited by: windschatten: Apr 9, 21 17:18
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Have to say it’s an utter free for all if you have no morals and ethics here in CA. Many do.

Finally got eligible at 50+, and tried for days to get something local. Nada.
Walk by local vacc clinic sites and most in line are definitely not 50+. Linecutters galore, claiming ignorance about eligibility criteria. Staff just shruggs and stabs....

So finally get an appointment at the FEMA site 30 miles away. Same picture. Majority in the mile-long line are not minorities or 50+.

So instead of local, this costs me 1/2 day of work and $50 in Gas/Tolls.
Just imagine you are not internet savvy or don’t have the possibility to take the day off or drive. With opening up for everyone next week, most 50+ are fighting with everybody.

Luckily, Karma is always waiting in the wings, and maybe parents/uncles/aunts go unprotected. Who cares, right!

You should be at the top of the list with your syphilis diagnosis. /pink/ (check his “real name”)

Drive out to the Central Valley where the science deniers live and you will have no trouble getting a jab. That’s what some of my Bay Area friends have done.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's basically what my wife and I did, drove an hour out into the country and it was easy.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
windschatten wrote:

Have to say it’s an utter free for all if you have no morals and ethics here in CA. Many do.

Finally got eligible at 50+, and tried for days to get something local. Nada.
Walk by local vacc clinic sites and most in line are definitely not 50+. Linecutters galore, claiming ignorance about eligibility criteria. Staff just shruggs and stabs....

So finally get an appointment at the FEMA site 30 miles away. Same picture. Majority in the mile-long line are not minorities or 50+.

So instead of local, this costs me 1/2 day of work and $50 in Gas/Tolls.
Just imagine you are not internet savvy or don’t have the possibility to take the day off or drive. With opening up for everyone next week, most 50+ are fighting with everybody.

Luckily, Karma is always waiting in the wings, and maybe parents/uncles/aunts go unprotected. Who cares, right!

You should be at the top of the list with your syphilis diagnosis. /pink/ (check his “real name”)

Drive out to the Central Valley where the science deniers live and you will have no trouble getting a jab. That’s what some of my Bay Area friends have done.

Yes, always get a kick out of instantly knowing if people google my nom de plume when they have no better response than using it for a
personal insult.

Back on topic:
I wish those people that take vaccines from those who are disadvantaged, can’t go places or do wait their turn, would go to the desert and actually stay there.

One can dream.
Last edited by: windschatten: Apr 10, 21 13:47
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am searching to find somewhere that my 16 and 18 year old sons can get their shots after April 15. It looks like Bakersfield and the Fresno area might have some openings.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [Sulliesbrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sulliesbrew wrote:
That's basically what my wife and I did, drove an hour out into the country and it was easy.

It's also what my parents did. They are in the 65+ group and it was taking them weeks to get an appt. A friend at church let them know there were appointments open in Newport, WA. They had been unable to get an appointment in Spokane. For those that know Newport, it's right across the border from north Idaho. Nuf said.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
travelmama wrote:
Sunday in Lemon Grove is open through myturn.ca.gov

Yes, thank you. I just looked it up. I think Sunday is April 11, though, and unfortunately I’m not eligible to get a shot until April 15. At some point, appointments on or after April 15 will become available. I want to pounce on one.
If you plan on being in the Los Angeles area on Thursday, I can get a shot for you.

Quote | Reply
Wifie got Moderna #1 today. I was supposed to get J&J tomorrow but they switched to Moderna. I’m excited cause I was hoping for one of the mRNA ones. Pretty excited about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [crowny2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
Wifie got Moderna #1 today. I was supposed to get J&J tomorrow but they switched to Moderna. I’m excited cause I was hoping for one of the mRNA ones. Pretty excited about it.

Good news. That's great that they were able to offer you Moderna. I know some had to reschedule if they didn't have one of the alternates available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just received Pfizer shot number two yesterday afternoon. Soreness in the upper arm this morning but otherwise, all good.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
crowny2 wrote:

Good news. That's great that they were able to offer you Moderna. I know some had to reschedule if they didn't have one of the alternates available.
Yep. When she called me to schedule I asked and she said they were able to get it switched. Pretty damn happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my first shot (Pfizer) on Monday. I had the typical sore arm, kind of feels like I had been punched. A day and half later it's pretty much gone, although I can still feel it slightly if I lean against something. Mine was done at a local CVS pharmacy. Super easy and I was out the door in about 20 minutes, including the 15 minute waiting period after the shot.

My 17 year old daughter had her first shot (also Pfizer) on Sunday morning. She qualifies because of her job. Same symptoms for her, just a sore arm. Her shot was done at one of the Mass Vax sites (Hynes Convention Center in Boston). Amazingly efficient operation. The entire operation is being handled by the National Guard, at least from what I could tell. Almost every single person working there was in uniform. From time we walked in the door to the time we walked out was maybe 25 minutes tops, including the waiting period, and this site is doing hundreds of shots per hour. I think they have capacity for around 8000 to 9000 per day. Super impressive operation.

Massachusetts seemed to get a bit of a slow start on vaccinations but things really sped up over the past month or so. I think there are around 80,000 people getting vaccinated per day on average, and that average seems to be going up steadily. There have been several days where the number has been over 100,000. The state has a population of a little under 7 million and I think the amount of people that have at least one dose is about 3 million (about 43%), and the amount fully vaccinated is about 2 million (about 26%).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pfizer Shot #2 on this past Sunday.

Just like the first shot- I was a little tired in the evening of the next day with some arm soreness, but was normal on the morning of day 2.

Not a big deal.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What an awesome shot in the arm. Moderna one done, May 14th for the second one!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm about a month or so out from my second Pfizer shot. I had a minor headache the next morning that didn't last long. My wife seemed to only have the minor headache the next day, but from days 2-7 after shot, she was exceptionally tired and used the term 'living in a fog'.

My coworker got his second shot on Saturday. He spent the weekend in bed and says if it were a three shot vaccine, he wouldn't get the third shot.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A military hospital in San Diego county opened up vaccines to all military beneficiaries recently ( last Saturday), took my 18 y/o son in for his first shot. He had no issues after. Has a appt for the second on 01 May.
I finished my second dose on 5 April. No problems with either shot with the exception of a little tenderness at injection site for a few hours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my first dose on 12/31/20 and got my second 3 weeks later. Had a sore are for a couple of days after each, but nothing more that that. I work in collegiate sports medicine so I got it about 3.5 months earlier than my age would suggest I would. My wife just got her first injection last Thursday and had a mild headache that night but nothing else. We both got the Pfizer vaccine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my second shot on Monday. Felt good till about noon yesterday. Then a trainwreck until about 9pm and then fine. It seemed like it went back to normal fast as I went to shit.

Glad this is done though, I hope they get the kids dosing figured out and approved quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My brother got his second shot today, which was the last one for my five-person immediate family (we're all adults). WE'RE ALL IN THE HERD!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got my 2nd. Virtually everyone in my huge family has at least one. All my siblings and wife have both.

FYIGM.

WE'RE GOING STREAKING!!!!!!

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next