Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 5 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you how was your week?
Did you get April Fooled or did you fool someone?
Did you celebrate Easter?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 5 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week:
fast bike ride to replace one of my usual noodle sessions
have 7/7 days with healthy coping skills

My Sunday ride was a little faster than normal. I had 6/7 days of healthy coping - last Monday was rough but I've been doing a good job since then.

I had a pretty good week. My birthday was Saturday. It was SO NICE to have my birthday on a weekend. I typically work for a couple hours each day on the weekend but I made myself not work, aside from maybe 15 minutes of email total, and it was great.

This is going to be a long week because I have a virtual conference on Saturday. April is just busy for me with conferences - I have talks on the 10th, 13th, and 24th.

sports last week
swim: 7400 m (3x)
bike: 110.8 mi (3x)
run: 41.5 mi (5x)
strength 2x

goals this week are the same as last. I hope everyone is well.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy birthday!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy birthday!!

Last week I ended up with an infection and am on antibiotics, so not a lot done. Easter was spent mostly laying on the couch. At least now I am starting to feel better. Physical therapy today and a bike ride. At least we had our first 80F day today!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy B-Day TC!!!!

Glad you're feeling better, ironclm.

I too am gearing up for a tough month, as we get to the end of this terrible, horrible, no-good academic year, and I too have a bunch of conferences, and some other stuff going on. I'm going to try to keep up with weekly check-ins, since they are good for me. But if I slough off, it's because I need to get my stuff done. This week, we have a "rejuvenation day," which is code for one day off inthe middle of the week instead of spring break (boo!). I'm going into hermit mode to get some writing done. It's just workouts and my book project for me.

M: 2600 yd. swim (done!)
T: REST!
W: fartlek run
Th: ride
F: tempo run
Sa: long ride
Su: long run

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy week, Ladies!

Thanks for getting us started, Dr TC. Happy Belated Birthday!
I hope you're feeling better CLM!
Bing, good luck with end of semester nonsense. You've got this!

Last week's goal was to wade into IM training, and I did a pretty good job of workout juggling and work. My hubs got his first vax dose, and while I had serious FOMO for about 5 days, the clouds parted and I was able to get my first dose yesterday! What a huge damn relief. I'm feeling pretty okay, arm is sore and I'm a little run down, but I still got through yesterday and today's workouts (and yes, before anyone leaps on me, I would have told my athletes to do the same thing. In fact, I've DONE just that with them during their vaccination schedules).

This week's goal is to make it through the week. All of a sudden there is a LOT going on.

M- VO2max bike, 1mi run brick and push day strength- check!
Tu- Yoga, then vaccine trip, then a swim- check!
W- 10 mile run and pull day strength- check! Man someone turned the heat on outside, it was 75 when I finished this morning!
Th- 50min run, swim, and a social ride with my club tomorrow evening to look at the local cherry blossoms
F- 30mi ride and 25min run brick. I may try to do this after the excitement on Saturday morning and take this as rest if I need it.
Sa- Cheering on my kiddos at their first duathlon of the year! I'm super excited for them. And then it's either my 30/25 or a rest day.
Su- 45min shakeout ride

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 5 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OH! And something kind of exciting is happening this week!

Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of our Ladies Night Happy Hour! Much thanks to TwoDollarSteak for starting this a year ago when we were all lost and feeling quite disconnected. It's crazy to think that we've done this for a full year now! I'm so grateful for you ladies, who have made this past year way more tolerable and have given me something to look forward to every week.

If anyone would like to join, DM me and I'll send you the link to the chat. I'll be a bit late this week (after my ride is over), but I'll be there with bells on!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 5 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
(and yes, before anyone leaps on me, I would have told my athletes to do the same thing.

You can imagine me stopped dead mid-leap and then slowly sinking back towards the ground ;-)
Quote Reply