Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How long til the 945 is replaced? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the vivoactive does not do multisport if you want to use a watch to time an entire triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: How long til the 945 is replaced? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
And the vivoactive does not do multisport if you want to use a watch to time an entire triathlon.

That's true, but I always found the multisport mode to be a fairly useless feature. Just my 2 cents.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: How long til the 945 is replaced? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, I only used that feature once in 2020. :(
Quote Reply
Re: How long til the 945 is replaced? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't understand why every GPS watch does not have a full mulitsport profile. It must be the easiest thing in the world to program - if the watch can do swim, bike, run then linking them together is easy. The *only* reason is market differentiation / pricing. A shame. My 920XT has been sorta fine - one replacement under warranty for a wonky barometer and multiple meltdowns requiring a factory reset. But replacing it with a millionaire's GPS watch? Not going to happen. When the 920XT goes claws up, I'll be buying a Coros or similar...
Quote Reply
Re: How long til the 945 is replaced? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Meanwhile, my 920 which I bought as a manufacturer refurbished second about 4 years ago continues to work flawlessly. I've all the various Garmins I've owned, this one has lasted the longest and is by far the best.

Same here. I'm dreading the day that I'm forced to "upgrade".

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: How long til the 945 is replaced? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoeO wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
Meanwhile, my 920 which I bought as a manufacturer refurbished second about 4 years ago continues to work flawlessly. I've all the various Garmins I've owned, this one has lasted the longest and is by far the best.

This is my problem. Same as you....bought my refurbed in Sept 2016. The damn thing won't quit working, and it does everything I *need* it to do. It works every damn day, no matter what. Even my friggin' altimeter still works.

So, I have no justifiable excuse to "have to get a new watch". "N+1" notwithstanding, of course.

Mine too. But to me it has the added benefit of a rectangular screen. I hate the circular ones. I'm hoping Garmin brings back the rectangular look in the 955

I couldn't agree more. The rectangular form probably optimizes the size of the digits in 4-screen mode, but I also just really like the unique aesthetic of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply

Prev Next