Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT??????
Quote | Reply
Apparently, Jan Frodeno had an issue while attempting to travel to the US, either leaving or arriving, not sure at this point.

He posted a story on his IG saying "And just like that the trip is over. Didn't have a travel exemption and everyone else did"

I am sure this is something his team can work out prior to the race, but these things affects you!

Follow me on IG: @Commandersnake
Last edited by: commandersnake: Mar 5, 21 6:39
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Jan Frodeno is OUT [commandersnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your title is a bit misleading, he might travel tomorrow, but sure not optimal at all!
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Jan Frodeno is OUT [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Your title is a bit misleading, he might travel tomorrow, but sure not optimal at all!

Indeed. I changed it a bit to avoid click bait.

Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT?????? [commandersnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want my $2 back!

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any update on if he will manage to travel?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT?????? [Charles_D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he is out. When he tried to check in for his flight he was told there was no elite exemption for him. I assume he would have had to quarantine which would have meant missing the race.

Whether this got sorted and he took a later flight I don’t know.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Jan Frodeno is OUT [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He did travel, but sent back to Spain.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT?????? [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
I think he is out. When he tried to check in for his flight he was told there was no elite exemption for him. I assume he would have had to quarantine which would have meant missing the race.

Can’t take a later flight and still race, because of 7 day quarantine once on US soil.
So unless they ‘fudge’ something, he is out.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT?????? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
SheTries wrote:

Can’t take a later flight and still race, because of 7 day quarantine once on US soil.
So unless they ‘fudge’ something, he is out.

That's not good for the race. I wonder if he can just take a test in Spain and another one in the US after landing?
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT?????? [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poor form to not know what your requirements are. You'd hope the champ would have a competent team around him to ensure this stuff didn't happen.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT?????? [Fletch_boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would be interesting to know, who was responsible to get the travel exeptions... and suddenly my interest for paying/watching the event is lowered by 99%
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if he can't race Miami , would there be any issue with him just getting a plane to Dubai? Time zones are not that bad, short flight, but can you jump in as a pro with that short a notice?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know all the facts around it so I am not quick on criticizing him nor his team. Could have been an honest mistake by either side. Here in Ontario, the whole pandemic regulations seem to change everyday with lots of ambiguity and grey areas.

Too bad for the race, wanted to see the guy racing Sanders. I think the last time they raced each othe,r other than Kona, was Oceanside, and Frodeno schooled him. But he has improved quite a bit and it should have been a tighter race.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT?????? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair the ladies race is the gun race anyways, Jan being out actually makes the men's race tighter.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT?????? [DinoBoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never count the goat out. When you’re that big you know people! 😉
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fletch_boy wrote:
Poor form to not know what your requirements are. You'd hope the champ would have a competent team around him to ensure this stuff didn't happen.

^^^ Agreed.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fletch_boy wrote:

You have made a huge assumption there!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by talbotcox [ In reply to ]
Re: Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT?????? [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
So if he can't race Miami , would there be any issue with him just getting a plane to Dubai? Time zones are not that bad, short flight, but can you jump in as a pro with that short a notice?

I believe you need to enter 3 weeks out. But I guess it is possible they would bend the rules for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT?????? [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
42point2 wrote:
lassekk wrote:

I believe you need to enter 3 weeks out. But I guess it is possible they would bend the rules for him.

Dubai is a red zone for Covid at moment. Not sure he would get in. Might be wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On his latest post on instagram he answered a comment asking if he was racing Miami and said “Maybe 😉”.

I’m pretty sure he figured it out. Also Talbot seems to know what’s up.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT?????? [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
42point2 wrote:
lassekk wrote:

Dubai is a red zone for Covid at moment. Not sure he would get in. Might be wrong.

Of course he would, how do you think the other 30+ pros get in? Plus it's a dictatorship, they just bend the rules as they please. It is more about quarantine once he gets back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
:)
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami-Is Jan Frodeno OUT?????? [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
SheTries wrote:
42point2 wrote:
lassekk wrote:

Of course he would, how do you think the other 30+ pros get in? Plus it's a dictatorship, they just bend the rules as they please. It is more about quarantine once he gets back.

In the UAE, the vaccine is compulsory. So, they're probably not doing waivers. There is discussion on going regarding all USFOR stationed and deployed in the UAE in regards to mandatory vaccination timeline. I've been told it's only a matter of time before our hosts send the email.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next