Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lying to get the vaccine - solicitation of opinion [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
40-Tude wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
Science has shown that merging late moves traffic faster. You are helping the guy 1 minute back get through faster by being the dickhead who merges late.

I still won't do it : )

Getting a shot that would otherwise be wasted is filling the empty space. And it benefits everyone. That is something I would do.

Like BLeP said, I just wouldn't brag about it. (BTW, the reason clinics do not simply have on call waiting lists is because they don't work.)

The zipper merge is your friend. Go with the science. It's not about merging late. It's filling the empty space. And it benefits everyone.

On the zipper merge: it causes road rage and other problems that a civil engineering study could not model. I *think.

Drivers frequently can't see if there are open spots to zipper merge into until it is too late. And then they try to force their way into a spot that doesn't exist because the cars are packed too close. Frequently the source of both accidents and road rage incidents.

By definition, there is always a spot to zipper merge. It's always right behind the guy in the lane next to you, and the guy who is behind that guy gets behind you. It's so dead simple. We teach this kind of thing in kindergarten when we learn about "taking turns".
Quote Reply
Re: Lying to get the vaccine - solicitation of opinion [40-Tude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
On BMI alone, if your BMI is high because you're healthy-muscular, and you know it, then it's poor form to sign up, b/c your bumping or delaying someone else at greater risk. But I think the guideline-writers just didn't want to get into the high BMI but healthy clarification... and so the onus should be on the individual making the call.

What if your BMI is high because you are muscular but also a little too fat but still race bikes, but also have asthma due to all of the allergies you've had to live with for the past 8.5 years after being moved from California? Where does that fall?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lying to get the vaccine - solicitation of opinion [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My.02, if you fall into a category that approves the shot, you get the shot. Full stop.
Quote Reply
Re: Lying to get the vaccine - solicitation of opinion [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. Many people have put a lot of time into determining the prioritization. Bottom line is, getting a shot helps yourself and everyone else too, so when the opportunity arrives get your shot. Don’t lie to jump the queue, but don’t skip your spot so someone more deserving gets it either. That just adds additional work for those trying to get people into get shots.

Ryan
Quote Reply

Prev Next