Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift Duathlon Race Series [skip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that what you describe is what *should* be happening, but there was speculation that, perhaps, the start/end times of the bike and/or run were not crisply opened and closed causing confusion and delay in reporting results. But even if that were the case in Du event 1, you might think that changes could be made to ensure the fidelity of the .fit file wrt the activity in time for Du week 2 (yesterday). I can imagine that they don't want to release results for week 2 before results from week 1...
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Duathlon Race Series [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:
Regardless of results/no results, it still feels good to get out there and smash a multisport race

Totally agree, great motivation to put in a race pace effort. At this point I am totally not fussed about zero race results, although tbh that does have something to do with my treadmill tripping the surge protector with 5 minutes to go in the run. Took me 2 minutes to figure out it wasn't the circuit and to get back up and running, losing well over 40 spots in the meanwhile while my avatar just stood there like a dummy.

I hadn't realized it before but I had the treadmill, power hungry laptop, 2 fans, a light and an external monitor all plugged in and going at the same time. Not sure why that couldn't have happened another time...

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Duathlon Race Series [mattsurf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just an FYI for those awaiting results - this was on WTRL FB:

UPDATE ON RESULTS: At the current time we are STILL not in a position to provide results for Race 1 nor Race 2 results for the Zwift Duathlon League. Despite many weeks of very successful event testing jointly with Zwift, discussions, web and software development - the current state of Zwift game/race data available is (in all honesty) very poor to non-existent making results almost impossible at this time. There were hopes that this would have been resolved last week with a new data source for us to use (since ZwiftPower is fundamentally broken) but the latest update received by WTRL (yesterday) from Zwift engineers is that another issue has taken priority. This is incredibly disappointing news to us here at WTRL and to the Zwift team that have been working very hard collaboratively to bring this brand new event format to Zwifters. We are still hopeful that we may be able to rescue the situation but this remains very firmly in the hands of Zwift's engineering team to fix. We will bring you a further update by Friday of this week. Yours very sincerely, A very disappointed WTRL and Zwift crew.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Duathlon Race Series [Irish1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also this from WTRL:

...... when we tested this weeks ago, wrote the software etc, everything was perfect. In November last year Zwift took ZwiftPower in house clearly without the resources required to maintain it. In moving it in house things began to fail and break and have not been fixed. Now almost 5 months down the line, pretty much everything to do with ZwiftPower is broken or faulty. We all know the saying garbage in garbage out. Zwift were in the process of providing us with a more reliable data feed but have since announced this is delayed now too.

I will categorically state here this is not how WTRL works and at this point in time, Zwift is making us look very incompetent.

I am really struggling to produce timely and accurate ZRL results, the TTT is equally as complicated and now we have the Duathlon which for the first time in our 2 year history has taken longer than 3 days to get results for. Zwift can fix this but we are yet to get a fix after a month of ‘dedicated focus’ and nearly 5 months of WTRL complaining to best part of 50 Zwift employees (from CEO to tea maker - 12-15% of everyone at Zwift) who in turn have been working internally to get things moving.

WTRL is equally as disappointed and frustrated with the situation as you the Duathletes

The link below is your best bet to start adding to the concerns right now. Zwift are reading these forum posts.

https://forums.zwift.com/...ata-update/533570/76
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting the update from WTRL. They must be incredibly frustrated to openly throw Zwift directly under the bus. As a "typical" Slowtwitch adult tri/du-athlete, was quite happy to be e-racing and very much still am. HOWEVER, Zwift may lose my e platform funds if they continue to mess up delivery. 8 days out and not a single result posted. Now getting frustrated as per some other previous posters.

--Brian

"We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." --Chief Seattle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTRL still trying to save face by throwing Zwift under the bus even more, yet still they are not taking any actions - not even informing participants by e-mail. I would say they have two options:
1. Post the results with the data they have, acknowledge that there are technical issues but something is better than nothing
2. If the results data is in such a bad shape that this is not possible, postpone the coming races until this is fixed.

While they are smashing Zwift in their own forums, WTRL are still showing a worrying amount of inaction.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Duathlon Race Series [Ssys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the wtrl results page now has categories listed, but not showing results, and zwiftpower.com appears to be sorted into those age categories listed on the wtrl.com page. these are not the results, but its something. you can sort your age group by w/kg for an idea of results..
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Duathlon Race Series [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTRL website now has a "Results Submission" page too. It looks like you can manually submit your race 1/race 2 bike/run distances. Oh boy....

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Duathlon Race Series [Ssys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you are being slightly unfair here; they're keeping the community updated through the Duathlon series facebook group, as is the norm for WTRL and most other zwift event organizers, and have just implemented a makeshift fix of a results input page to get an extremely provisional set of results out. It's no secret that they're not making excuses and Zwift promised them a working system in time for the league, yet failed to pull through. They've explained in the facebook group the fact that pulling the series was considered by people instead asked for it to continue as good training and fun. WTRL are two guys who manage three large events weekly, with the ZRL and TTT also marred by little useful data provided by zwift. Essentially the issue boils down to without a functioning Zwiftpower, WTRL have to do things manually, something which is nigh on impossible yet they somehow manage for the slightly simpler ZRL and TTT's, although they don't have the data to police results to the same extent at the moment due to the lack of data they're receiving. It's far enough to be annoyed at the lack of results, particularly when they were promised in a timeframe that has expired. However, WTRL are doing the best they can in the circumstances, and if you want to help move things along there's a thread in zwiftforums on live data not uploading correctly that is the place to hound zwift to sort their s*** out and get zwiftpower back to the quality it was when run out of a garage, and help event organizers.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Duathlon Race Series [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
WTRL website now has a "Results Submission" page too. It looks like you can manually submit your race 1/race 2 bike/run distances. Oh boy....

So my facetious idea of us all time-cropping our Strava activities on the honor system and adding to a shared google sheet is basically happening? Cool... Cool. I assume I can expect royalties for my creative development effort shortly. I'll be happy with .00001% of the recent (Zwift) funding round.
Last edited by: skip: Feb 26, 21 7:22
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Duathlon Race Series [skip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heck, it's way less governed than your cropped FIT file idea. The WTRL results submission page simply has you key in your bike/run distances. Not FIT files/Strava results required. So, we'll be seeing lots of ITU-type speeds across all age groups I suppose.

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I got ~6950 points in round 1 and may have eked out 7000 in round two...which only tells me (via strava stalking) that Slowman probably spanked me by about 500 pts, running by me like I was standing still. But, it's all about the bike, right? Right?? I reckon Herbert is flirting with 10,000 points - beast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw this, too. Pretty inconceivable that they are in the situation they appear to be in. Since 'normal' (i.e. bike-only) races seem to be generating results, the problem must be in the bike + run complication. So, I wonder how fast you can self report your average speed before getting flagged? 40 kph? 50? 60? 70? 80? Really, I don't care about my placement. I'm more interested in the Zwift meltdown and WRTL v Z conflict. Maybe I'll get some popcorn going...
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Duathlon Race Series [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d disagree with the comment about bike only results being ok. It’s pretty clear if you read through the Zwift Forums about race data that there are issues across the board with ZP data (ie ZRL, WTRL TTT, even non race data like TdZ). The bike/run combo is an additional wrinkle but the read on the lead up to the series (ie. Testing) seems like they had a way to handle bike/run data
Last edited by: Irish1: Feb 26, 21 17:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, I don't do Zwift bike-only races, so was unaware of problems there, seeing nothing on 'general' channels. Well, this seems to be a pretty strong indictment against Z leadership. I suppose that you can build the brand on folks riding around in virtual worlds, but the marquee functionality that will drive Z forward in the long run is totally broken and the overlords don't seem willing to devote the resources to fix? C'mon over to the Sufferfest where the community is great, the leadership is involved and the suffering is strong. Watch out for the laser goats, though...
Quote Reply

Prev Next