Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [Bleucheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bleucheese wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
I live here. That this road is notorious for crashes would be news to me. He went thru the median and crashed on the other side, rolling ass over tea kettle.

This wasn’t the road

I'm with you. I live right around the corner and have been driving down that exact road for 20 years. Unless you are not paying attention, it's not the road.

Lots of talk now in the media about how dangerous that road is. If you live ther you know what to expect, but I have to admit that you can easily build up speed on that road if you aren't paying attention.

By the way, a friend of mine has a few souvenirs she picked up at the crash site if any of you want first dibs before she puts them on Ebay. We told her she is messed up in the head.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
By the way, a friend of mine has a few souvenirs she picked up at the crash site if any of you want first dibs before she puts them on Ebay. We told her she is messed up in the head.

Seriously? Isn't that theft? And selling of stolen goods? I would hope she does, and gets arrested for it.

In some of the pics I saw carry-on luggage set aside on the grass. Gotta think there would have been some valuable or personal stuff in there. On so many levels your friend is messed up. Props to you for calling her out.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [40-Tude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
40-Tude wrote:
torrey wrote:

Seriously? Isn't that theft? And selling of stolen goods? I would hope she does, and gets arrested for it.

In some of the pics I saw carry-on luggage set aside on the grass. Gotta think there would have been some valuable or personal stuff in there. On so many levels your friend is messed up. Props to you for calling her out.

thats so f-ed up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
Bleucheese wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
I live here. That this road is notorious for crashes would be news to me. He went thru the median and crashed on the other side, rolling ass over tea kettle.

This wasn’t the road

I'm with you. I live right around the corner and have been driving down that exact road for 20 years. Unless you are not paying attention, it's not the road.

Lots of talk now in the media about how dangerous that road is. If you live ther you know what to expect, but I have to admit that you can easily build up speed on that road if you aren't paying attention..

Paying attention is the key phrase. That applies to any steep road anywhere.

Running this through my head, he was headed to the PV Country Club, it was early morning, so a few possibilities. One, he nodded off briefly, the road curved, and he hit the median. Two, he had a left turn coming up, he was late, maybe he was checking the GPS, took his eyes off the road a second, and whammo, hits the curb. Third, texting, speeding, and driving a car he was unfamiliar with.

I keep hearing how dangerous that road is, well maybe, but it is usually a very busy road. That in and of itself compounds the likelihood for crashes and fender benders. I myself have never seen an incident in over twenty years. The knuckleheads on Next Door (locals) seem to agree the danger is overstated, but again, they are familiar with the road.

The sheriff says it was an accident, which seems to be the case.

Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Dr. Oz says that Tiger will be back to playing golf in a year. My confidence that he will never return is now soaring.

https://www.tmz.com/...rn-golf-competition/

Of course we'll see how this all plays out. And we can all look like idiots or fanboys.

But there are some serious differences with Smith. Tiger had the bones broken into pieces both high and low. He also had breaks in his ankle and foot. And no one will know yet how the impact affected his neck and back or what other tendon and ligament damage there was. Smith was 12 years younger when it happened, had a single really wicked break (not seeing any reports of tendon or ligament damage), 17 surgeries, and it was essentially 2 years between starts.

Even if this wreck didn't happen and you told me Tiger would not play a tournament until 02/01/2022 (when he will be 47) after the back surgery I would take the under if the bet was 1 more PGA Tour win and definitely the under on majors. With the wreck, I think 12 months is an extremely aggressive timeline, and that is assuming no setback in recovery, or further injuries to his back and neck.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure.

My point here though was if Dr Oz is saying it... there is no way it’s happening.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
40-Tude wrote:
torrey wrote:

She had pics of the crash site and there were a number of people wandering around either taking pictures or other souvenirs. Like I said, it was messed up, but not sure it was illegal. If there is an accident on my street and the cars are towed away, is it illegal if I clean up the remaining debris?
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Dr. Oz says that Tiger will be back to playing golf in a year. My confidence that he will never return is now soaring.

https://www.tmz.com/...rn-golf-competition/

I'll withhold judgement until Ben Greenfield weighs in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
40-Tude wrote:
torrey wrote:

She had pics of the crash site and there were a number of people wandering around either taking pictures or other souvenirs. Like I said, it was messed up, but not sure it was illegal. If there is an accident on my street and the cars are towed away, is it illegal if I clean up the remaining debris?

Clearly, would depends on the items and if before/after tow truck or other clean up.

If it's the luggage in the pics and/or items in them, yes clearly wrong/criminal.
If it's glass shards after a less than complete clean up and she's selling them as "Tiger Woods glass", then she's pretty slick/opportunistic... still messed up for different reasons.

It's like if an armored car flipped over and dollar bills are all over the scene - is it right to take? Before clean-up, no. After clean up and left behind (overlooked), I still say no. Should go back to the bank.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
40-Tude wrote:
torrey wrote:

Clearly, would depends on the items and if before/after tow truck or other clean up.

If it's the luggage in the pics and/or items in them, yes clearly wrong/criminal.
If it's glass shards after a less than complete clean up and she's selling them as "Tiger Woods glass", then she's pretty slick/opportunistic... still messed up for different reasons.

It's like if an armored car flipped over and dollar bills are all over the scene - is it right to take? Before clean-up, no. After clean up and left behind (overlooked), I still say no. Should go back to the bank.
Dang, maybe she can come here (Eastern NM). The "clean up" by the police/wrecker driver after a wreck is minimal at best. Always lots of glass and bits of metal/plastic left on the shoulder of the road and out in the field where the car(s) came to rest. If the wreck involved one of the tricked out pickup trucks, there will be larger pieces of running boards, spoilers, mudguards, chrome molding, etc. laying around. Still messed up for a random person to pick up this stuff to sell on ebay, but I've stopped to throw stuff off the shoulder when I've come upon this trash when I've been on bike rides.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply

Prev Next