Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Feb. 22 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 22 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
my goals this week are to (1) journal each day and (2) be productive with researchy things.

I journaled 6/7 days, was as productive as possible with researchy things and am happy with the progress I made, and used healthy coping skills 6/7 days.

s: 10,300 m in 3 swims
b: 197 mi in 6 rides (all indoor due to ice and snow, "mileage" estimated from trainer time)
r: 10 mi in 2 runs

This is going to be a long work week. My goals are
- self care and healthy coping skills 7/7
- journal every day

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 22 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi folks,

I'm doin' alright over here. Hitting all my fitness goals. I'm slammed with work, which is making me a little extra stiff and sore, but generally everything's going fine.

This week:
M: 2600 yd. swim (check!)
T: rest!
W: ftp test on the bike.
Th: light ride
F: tempo run
Sa: long ride
Su: long run

Hope yer doin ok too.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck to you with big work weeks.

I completed the Tour of Sufferfest last week. Getting the Wahoo Kickr bike really makes riding indoors so much better on my knee for some reason. For the seven stages, I rode all 11 videos and ended up with 132.3 miles and 9 hours and 23 minutes of riding time (Saturday - Saturday). It has been a great jump start to my training for a 100 mile gravel bike race on June 4th. It was also the perfect timing to be snowed and iced in the house. (I couldn’t get my truck out of our alley until yesterday.) Yesterday I did an easy 30 minutes on the trainer and then went to yoga.

I am ready for winter to be over!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy week, Ladies! Hope you're all doing okay.

It's been a tiring stretch for me again, taper is here but not *quite* low volume, and there are a lot of shenanigans going on in the background that are sapping my energy. It's the last week of "do work" before next week's Rubyman adventure.

M- 2mi warmup run, strength (check. Also, my Garmin decided to be a B-hole and won't register any treadmill activity again, sigh). OH AND I SWAM. It was terrible and glorious, lol.
Tu- 25mi ride and 6mi run brick w/pickups (check)
W- 6mi w/3 mile repeats, stretching class with the team
Th- Dry land swim with the team, then 5mi w/pickups
F- REST
Sa- 10 miles? That's it? That's it
Su- Teaching cycling skills for the team, and may tack on some extra mileage, depending on how I'm feeling

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 22 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't recall if you decided the Rubyman is all in one day or you're spreading stuff out over the week?

Today is my longest workday of the week and it's extra long for various reasons. I'm tired and cranky and am reminding myself that it's okay to carve out some time to journal today, and take some other breaks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All in one go. Doing a 40minute swim, a 40 mile ride, and a marathon broken up would not be nearly as challenging, and YO40O. The only hitch is getting a lane reservation somewhere...which means I'll be up ass-early this Friday to try to snag one.

Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Feb. 22 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's what I thought - I hope the question wasn't insulting; I asked because I had "40 miles" in my head for your run distance rather than 40k.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little late to the party this week. Last week got my 3 swims in, no rides or runs. All swims were at least 2000 yards, beautiful weather, though this pool is a bit warmer than I like.
This week- swim 2x (got to the reservations about 30 minutes late and only was able to snag 2 days instead of the usual 3), bike (got at least one in-today). They finally "locked down" the restrooms/locker rooms at the pool, because people were milling about and taking showers in the locker rooms, which is against the policies in place to prevent COVID transmission. I only went in if it was absolutely necessary for me to use the bathroom.
I ordered a kickr trainer from my local tri shop with money I got for Christmas, and it finally arrived on Monday. (Funny, ordered with Christmas, got it just in time for my birthday). Got it unpacked and completely set up this morning and took it out for a spin this morning with my road bike (and yes the bike was charged this time). Time to get back into shape. It was interesting riding without having to shift gears to change resistance to hit power goals, I've now got a set up where I don't have to borrow my mom's laptop, I can now use an iPad instead. This is good since my mom doesn't currently have her laptop (sent back to apple due to battery not charging-recall issue). I start another long term assignment tomorrow (thursday), this one is only a month (minus the week of spring break), and is not math at all (computer applications, video production & introduction to digital filmmaking), but still at a middle school. We still in hybrid mode, but more than half of the students at this school have selected to stay in distance learning mode, the remaining students are split in 2 cohorts - one that comes Monday/Thursday & the other is Tuesday/Friday. We meet with a advisory/tutorial group on Wednesdays, and also use Wednesdays for office hours and prep/grading/meeting time. They finally got air purifiers for the classrooms (teachers before were buying their own), and in OC teachers/school staff qualify to start getting the vaccine on March 1 (I already had dose one and am scheduled for dose 2 on March 1... qualify as a health care worker due to living with my sister who has Down syndrome).

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I GOT MY LANE!!! RUBYMAN IS OFFICIALLY A GO!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YES!!!!

Quote Reply