Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tiger has a very violent swing and I'm not so sure he can carry that forward and not have reoccurring back issues. I would like to see him catch Nicklaus though.

He has to win 3 majors to tie and 4 to break Jack and there is almost zero chance of that with all the good talent out there now. He was really struggling with his back and has a hard time playing consecutive days, let alone 4 solid rounds.

I think he was far more dominant than Jack (his winning percentage in his prime years was untouchable). If he had stayed injury free and avoided some of his self-inflicted personal problems he would have passed Jack but that's part of what makes someone great, staying healthy and avoiding problems (guys like Federer have done that too).

Jack finished his career with 18 majors and just as amazing, finished 2nd 19 times. Give him a 50% win on those second places and he has close to 30. However, the competition is deeper now(Jack had some good competition but not as many) and I think it will be a long time until his record of 18 majors is broken. No one playing now has a chance, other than Tiger and it might be one of those people are still chasing 100 years from now.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
alex_korr wrote:
j p o wrote:
The aerial shot looks like there isn't an upper road. Pretty straight section of road. No intersections. Wonder if he fell asleep. 7:15 AM is the wrong time of day for most people to be impaired.

It's a tricky spot to drive. Lots of crashes there. Easy to fly off if not paying attention or if someone gets aggressive next you.

I kind of look past the possibility of being on your phone. Which seems much more likely given the context than any kind of impairment.

Pure speculation and I don't mean it with any malice - but if he was coming off a recent back surgery, I wonder if he had painkillers or muscle relaxants in his system. I could see that kind of impairment in the morning as more plausible than intoxicants for recreational purposes. Or maybe he was just checking Facebook.
Last edited by: wimsey: Feb 23, 21 18:36
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Compound broken femur and a crushed ankle. Had a 5 hour surgery, that was the last I heard.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
j p o wrote:
alex_korr wrote:
j p o wrote:
The aerial shot looks like there isn't an upper road. Pretty straight section of road. No intersections. Wonder if he fell asleep. 7:15 AM is the wrong time of day for most people to be impaired.

It's a tricky spot to drive. Lots of crashes there. Easy to fly off if not paying attention or if someone gets aggressive next you.

I kind of look past the possibility of being on your phone. Which seems much more likely given the context than any kind of impairment.

Pure speculation and I don't mean it with any malice - but if he was coming off a recent back surgery, I wonder if he had painkillers or muscle relaxants in his system. I could see that kind of impairment in the morning as more plausible than intoxicants for recreational purposes. Or maybe he was just checking Facebook.

Yes, looks like a classic case of texting while driving. He was probably late for a tee-off or some other appointment. Speed likely a factor too. But yes, pure speculation.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Tiger has a very violent swing and I'm not so sure he can carry that forward and not have reoccurring back issues. I would like to see him catch Nicklaus though.

He has to win 3 majors to tie and 4 to break Jack and there is almost zero chance of that with all the good talent out there now. He was really struggling with his back and has a hard time playing consecutive days, let alone 4 solid rounds.

I think he was far more dominant than Jack (his winning percentage in his prime years was untouchable). If he had stayed injury free and avoided some of his self-inflicted personal problems he would have passed Jack but that's part of what makes someone great, staying healthy and avoiding problems (guys like Federer have done that too).

Jack finished his career with 18 majors and just as amazing, finished 2nd 19 times. Give him a 50% win on those second places and he has close to 30. However, the competition is deeper now(Jack had some good competition but not as many) and I think it will be a long time until his record of 18 majors is broken. No one playing now has a chance, other than Tiger and it might be one of those people are still chasing 100 years from now.

He is 45 and has won one major in the past 12 years. It would be extraordinary to recover from this accident and even be competitive in a major ā€” though Iā€™d love to see that. Winning multiple majors seems almost unimaginable at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [TriDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDavis wrote:
Compound broken femur and a crushed ankle. Had a 5 hour surgery, that was the last I heard.

Yikes. So much for this seasons Majors. Hopefully weā€™re lucky enough to see him healthy and teeing it up again at Augusta in ā€˜22
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [daustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daustin wrote:
shady wrote:
Obviously very hazy on the specific details ( hearing broken leg(s)?) but if true then a best case scenario would be several months of recovery /rehab with a long term goal of being at 100% for the ā€˜22 Masters? Heā€™d be 46 and realistically have two summers( 8 majors)..maybe three cause he is Tiger ? so 12 major appearances - assuming he can stay healthy ( again, he is Tiger) to win 3 and tie Jack ...
Gonna be tough to do ..

I think it was iffy currently for him to win any more majors. Possible sure. But his body is a wreck. His back specifically. Itā€™s been difficult for him to have his back hold up through 4 rounds of a tournament.

15 majors. 14 of them in 11 years. 1 in the next 11.

There's always a chance for a late career return to greatness, but there's not really a precedent for it, is there?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [ike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

He is 45 and has won one major in the past 12 years. It would be extraordinary to recover from this accident and even be competitive in a major ā€” though Iā€™d love to see that. Winning multiple majors seems almost unimaginable at this point.[/quote]
Prior to 2019 I never thought he would win another tournament. He struggled to get up let alone play golf. He then won the 2019 Masters so I thought you canā€™t write this guy off. Jackā€™s record major wins as always been his number 1 goal.

Now, after his recent back surgery and this accident Iā€™d say it would take a miracle to pass Sam Snead in wins and zero chance he wins 1 more major let alone 4 needed to pass Jack.

He also has a son who might pursue golf and that will give him more passion than trying to get back to his best. Itā€™s too bad, he was one of the most dominant athletes in my lifetime.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [6453Texas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah no disrespect to him and hope he heals quick, but my first thought about cause, is that the press release will read 'adverse reaction to prescription meds'...............
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [TriDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriDavis wrote:

I heard femur AND tibia/fibula, along with the crushed ankle.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As of this am a rod in femur and lost of hardware in ankle and foot? He is done as a high level golfer. Hopefully he can carry on well from a psychological perspective. He could be a great golf commentator. He has kids he can invest his time in and should be okay from a money perspective if he is reasonable. Hopes and prayers as they say.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [spockwaslen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockwaslen wrote:
should be okay from a money perspective if he is reasonable.

His net worth is close to $1 billion so I think heā€™s okay from a money perspective even if heā€™s unreasonable. šŸ˜

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
TriDavis wrote:

I heard femur AND tibia/fibula, along with the crushed ankle.

The way they were talking on the radio yesterday I was assuming they were trying to save one of his legs.

Anyway, he's done as a pro golfer but should still be relatively fine.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iā€™m glad heā€™s alive, and relieved for his family. He, also be a whole again.

Eldrick will play again, and will win again. He has demonstrated a level of mental toughness and an ability to work and adapt through other personal, physical, and emotional adversities.
The medical, PT, psychological, attention and rehab that he will be to access will surpass what most, if not all of us have access to... And all of it is a million miles from Hogan had in order to comeback.
We have listened to him talk about pain, focus, determination, and work ethic. This will be another challenge to face. From what he communicates publicly, I do not believe he possesses the ability to leave his legacy here.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Iā€™ve always been a huge fan of Tiger ( even when we learned that he was tucking the kids to bed and sneaking out to the Dennyā€™s back parking lot:) but up until Nov 3 2020, I wished Tiger no more than 17 Majors as Jack Nicklaus was one of my childhood sport idols . So part of me died the day Jack came out endorsing that vile POS as President . I couldnā€™t believe it ! And then when Orr came out doing the same it was an absolute double-kick to my childhood nutsack ! So yeah ... love to see Tiger do it but odds were already slim before today ..

Tiger is smart or careful enough not to endorse Trump, or he's following his policy of staying out of politics. He did push the woke-line by playing golf with Trump and accepting awards from him. I don't believe he endorsed Biden.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [BIKE3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heā€™s done. Itā€™s over.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your response is exactly why you are wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [BIKE3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BIKE3 wrote:

Uh huh. Keep drinking that Tiger aid.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
BIKE3 wrote:

How much do you know about Ben Hogan?
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BIKE3 wrote:

So letā€™s get people on the record.

Will Tiger Woods ever win another full-field professional golf tournament?

Iā€™ll say no.

Will Tiger Woods ever win another Major?

Obviously Iā€™m saying no.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
BIKE3 wrote:

guy won a 15th major AFTER a spinal-fusion. Until we know more about what he is dealing with i'd sit tight on spouting off..
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BIKE3 wrote:

A lot. He was 37 not 45. And he had not had 5 previous back surgeries.

If Tiger thought his back and neck were jacked up from the wreck when the Viking woman tried to kill him after confirming he was a lying POS he hasn't seen anything yet.

His return was iffy before the wreck. Now throw in a destroyed right leg, more soft tissue injuries to his back and neck. A year+ of rehab taking him to 46 years old and he is done.

Father Time is undefeated without the aid of Vikings and SUV's. Throw those in and the odds are stacked against you.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
svennn wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BIKE3 wrote:

Iā€™ll say no.

I assume you mean on the regular PGA tour, and not the "Champions" tour?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
svennn wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BIKE3 wrote:

Iā€™ll say no.

Iā€™ll include the old timer events.

Heā€™s done. No more wins.

Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
svennn wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BIKE3 wrote:

Iā€™ll say no.

I'm curious if the Senior Tour even appeals to him. He seems like someone who wants to be the best, not the best for his age.

But I suppose he will need something to fill his weekends. And there are worse ways to do it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next