Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TIGER WOODS - car crash
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [6453Texas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm watching this live on the news, and his car does not look good. The whole front end is smashed in and it had rolled over at least once. Hard to see if he crashed into something then rolled up the hill, or maybe came down the hill from an upper road. They had to use the jaws of life, so the car folded like a tin can.

I used to live and work in this area, cops usually have speed traps all over RPV to slow folks down..Hope is will be ok, sounds like he is in surgery for something at the moment..
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, this sucks. I have loved watching Tiger since day one and always rooted for him to one day beat Jack's records. I worked at Nike for 25 years, so I had opportunities to meet him and even worked on a few of his shoes over the years.

I hope he comes out of this okay, regardless of whether he plays golf this season or ever again, just hope that he hasn't really screwed himself up or undone the recent back surgery. He was supposed to get an MRI on his most recent surgery to see if it was healing up for him to resume practice and hopefully play the Masters, but I think it's safe to say that is off the table with this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They said he was playing gold that morning with a friend(basketball pro), so probably at Trump's gold course out on the peninsula. One of my fairest calls was when that 18th hole broke off and fell into the ocean, just months before opening day. It was surreal to see so much land just gone, and this huge valley now between the ocean and solid ground..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope he is OK. Always liked him. Saw him in person a number of times and those memories remain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They said he was "playing" golf? I think he was shooting a series with GolfTV is what I read. They said he shot on Monday and was supposed to shoot on Tuesday, but didn't show up .... assuming he was on his way there when he had the accident. I don't think he was back to "playing" yet until he was cleared. He's probably been hitting some shots for the shoot and practicing whatever he can (probably not full shots).

"He then remained in the LA area, staying at Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, to do a two-day shoot with Golf Digest/Golf TV at Rolling Hills Country Club, about two miles from the crash site. Woods joined a list of celebrities, including Dwayne Wade, Justin Timberlake, Mookie Betts, Jessica Alba and David Spade, on Monday at Rolling Hills."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The aerial shot looks like there isn't an upper road. Pretty straight section of road. No intersections. Wonder if he fell asleep. 7:15 AM is the wrong time of day for most people to be impaired.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know he has taken his lumps over the years (and some for good reasons), but as a golfer, unless you have seen him play live, you can't really understand how good he was. I had an opportunity to be on the range at the 2012 US Open in San Francisco. When TW came out to hit balls, I was about 25 feet from him, shooting some pics/video.

Tigers hits a ball that is just vastly different from many other pros. The sounds, the trajectory ... just pure. Not only were all the spectators watching him hit balls (probably about 300 or so in the stands, but many of the pro's would just stand there and watch him stripe shots. It was very cool to see and hear in person that close.

I really hope this isn't how he ends his career, but man, this poor guy has put his body through so many injuries over the years, it's hard to imagine he can keep coming back from them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn is right. Fyi, the new HBO doc about him is outstanding.

Based on what I have seen in the doc, unless he is the worst driver in the world, this sure looks like a substance abuse issue ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In surgery for multiple leg injuries. He had back surgery just a few weeks ago, I think. He’d still be in recovery from that.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I'm watching this live on the news, and his car does not look good. The whole front end is smashed in and it had rolled over at least once. Hard to see if he crashed into something then rolled up the hill, or maybe came down the hill from an upper road. They had to use the jaws of life, so the car folded like a tin can.

I used to live and work in this area, cops usually have speed traps all over RPV to slow folks down..Hope is will be ok, sounds like he is in surgery for something at the moment..

The news feed says Hawthorne Blvd. Not far from where I live. I used to ride my bike up that road, as did many people on ST. He must have been distracted, that road is not windy or narrow, but people do speed.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many times has he had back surgery now? Seems like a lot.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
The aerial shot looks like there isn't an upper road. Pretty straight section of road. No intersections. Wonder if he fell asleep. 7:15 AM is the wrong time of day for most people to be impaired.

It's a tricky spot to drive. Lots of crashes there. Easy to fly off if not paying attention or if someone gets aggressive next you.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
j p o wrote:

It's a tricky spot to drive. Lots of crashes there. Easy to fly off if not paying attention or if someone gets aggressive next you.

I kind of look past the possibility of being on your phone. Which seems much more likely given the context than any kind of impairment.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obviously very hazy on the specific details ( hearing broken leg(s)?) but if true then a best case scenario would be several months of recovery /rehab with a long term goal of being at 100% for the ‘22 Masters? He’d be 46 and realistically have two summers( 8 majors)..maybe three cause he is Tiger ? so 12 major appearances - assuming he can stay healthy ( again, he is Tiger) to win 3 and tie Jack ...
Gonna be tough to do ..
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
Obviously very hazy on the specific details ( hearing broken leg(s)?) but if true then a best case scenario would be several months of recovery /rehab with a long term goal of being at 100% for the ‘22 Masters? He’d be 46 and realistically have two summers( 8 majors)..maybe three cause he is Tiger ? so 12 major appearances - assuming he can stay healthy ( again, he is Tiger) to win 3 and tie Jack ...
Gonna be tough to do ..

I think it was iffy currently for him to win any more majors. Possible sure. But his body is a wreck. His back specifically. It’s been difficult for him to have his back hold up through 4 rounds of a tournament.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
Gonna be tough to do ..

I may be hazy on my golf history but didn't Ben Hogan comeback and win something of note after having broken legs in a car crash?
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't tell from the pictures I have seen. Do you know the specific spot the accident occurred? Or at least what stretch of road?

Just curious as I used to ride up in that area all the time.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
I can't tell from the pictures I have seen. Do you know the specific spot the accident occurred? Or at least what stretch of road?

Just curious as I used to ride up in that area all the time.

yeah, it's on Hawthorne by Blackrock dr. A gross spot.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [daustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daustin wrote:
shady wrote:
Gonna be tough to do ..

I think it was iffy currently for him to win any more majors. Possible sure. But his body is a wreck. His back specifically. It’s been difficult for him to have his back hold up through 4 rounds of a tournament.

The only thing I might add is that it always seemed like Tiger was really fast getting back into stuff that might have prevented his back from healing properly. Maybe if he’s laid up with broken legs for awhile, he’ll be forced to let his back heal up before he gets back into the twist and torque that golf puts on it.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Broken legs or worse. Hopefully for him, not worse.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [spockwaslen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockwaslen wrote:
How many times has he had back surgery now? Seems like a lot.

In Dec he had his 5th back surgery.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His legs may not ultimately be the problem (though we have no idea on how bad the injuries are). His back is the most serious. If he messed that up even more, I don't see how many more "fusions" he can go through to keep that going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
daustin wrote:
shady wrote:
Gonna be tough to do ..

The only thing I might add is that it always seemed like Tiger was really fast getting back into stuff that might have prevented his back from healing properly. Maybe if he’s laid up with broken legs for awhile, he’ll be forced to let his back heal up before he gets back into the twist and torque that golf puts on it.

Tiger has a very violent swing and I'm not so sure he can carry that forward and not have reoccurring back issues. I would like to see him catch Nicklaus though.
Quote Reply
Re: TIGER WOODS - car crash [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
slowguy wrote:
daustin wrote:
shady wrote:
Gonna be tough to do ..

Tiger has a very violent swing and I'm not so sure he can carry that forward and not have reoccurring back issues. I would like to see him catch Nicklaus though.

I’ve always been a huge fan of Tiger ( even when we learned that he was tucking the kids to bed and sneaking out to the Denny’s back parking lot:) but up until Nov 3 2020, I wished Tiger no more than 17 Majors as Jack Nicklaus was one of my childhood sport idols . So part of me died the day Jack came out endorsing that vile POS as President . I couldn’t believe it ! And then when Orr came out doing the same it was an absolute double-kick to my childhood nutsack ! So yeah ... love to see Tiger do it but odds were already slim before today ..
Quote Reply

Prev Next