Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [frugal dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome, and thanks for joining in!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welp, I am now out of the 100/100 running. Was a few days behind but those were fixable with a couple of doubles.

Now I just got a nasty looking cellulitis infection in my leg. Missed a couple of days as we figured out the issue. Gonna take a couple of more days off running to let the antibiotics take hold. Targeting 90/100 for now.

Better consistency than I have had in the past so I am not complaining.

ars

Alan Stewart
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, happy to say I’m at 66 days out of 73 so far and plan to be caught up for the full 100. There will be a few doubles but I’ll get it done. This is my first attempt at this challenge and I’m quite proud of what I’ve done so far on top of my riding 3 days a week as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker here too! (Mostly, I do have a few posts out there!)

I'm finding the 100/100 very motivating this year and looking on track to hit the 100 (with a few doubles to come). Made it to 76 last year and will certainly surpass that.

The challenge has been great for me this year in my first year as a dad (to twin boys no less). Without this I think slumping on the sofa each night would have been the routine, so thank you to you all for the sense of community.

Practise doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect!
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [PrimalSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else having difficulty recording workouts? I keep getting an error message

502 BAD GATEWAY,

no matter which browser I come in on..

Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [sij676] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
worked for me just now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worked for me this morning as well.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watch it or it happens often / regularly. 100 miles for me last week pus 240 miles cycling. And on track for another 100 mile week. Average so far this year - 83 miles of running per week.

Big race for me Zion 100 in April.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 75,
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coyote pelon wrote:
Day 75,

where is this? i love trails with wooden bridges
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ST100-100 challenge complete on Hard Mode, all runs 5K or greater, all runs outside. Runs are recorded on my Garmin Fenix 6, and posted to Strava. Had a couple of half marathon and 10k efforts in there to get the respective monthly Strava challenges (as I had a 2020 streak going for those as well).

Ready to get back to some heavy bike training as soon as the weather plays nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elf6c wrote:
ST100-100 challenge complete on Hard Mode, all runs 5K or greater, all runs outside. Runs are recorded on my Garmin Fenix 6, and posted to Strava. Had a couple of half marathon and 10k efforts in there to get the respective monthly Strava challenges (as I had a 2020 streak going for those as well).

Ready to get back to some heavy bike training as soon as the weather plays nice.

still not over for purists :) i had to adjust my training to stay on track, as had rain this morning , so did minimum today - while doubling yesterday to stay on my personal 10mi / day average
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
elf6c wrote:

still not over for purists :) i had to adjust my training to stay on track, as had rain this morning , so did minimum today - while doubling yesterday to stay on my personal 10mi / day average

I have not participated much on this thead but holding to my personal goal of 10km per day. Yesterday I also decided to skip things. I did a cold XC ski at lunch in minus 19C and then worked till 8pm and was kind of fried, low on energy and chilled and was about to bail, but then hit my treadmill and did 7km of running with stops for 4x30 plus 2x40 pushups along the way (I have been doing minimum 100 per day but preferably 200 per day since Xmas). Once I got going on the run, I was doing intervals for 50 seconds on and 10 seconds jogging at 4 percent grade. Then I got on the rowing machine for some more short intervals (20 strokes easy at 130W, 20-40 strokes hard at 250-280W). I ended up with a good quality day and without the challenge would have bailed out.

If I sort the challenge by distance I am at 787km in 35th as of this morning. I have not done any 100km weeks yet, as I am doing around 100-150km per week of XC skiing on top of the running, but maybe last week of challenge I will try to hit 100km if I am injury free.

Sorted by distance Herbert is leading the challenge with 1394 km
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Jan 30, 21 6:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. So many people just blatantly cheating and stopping their runs and starting another run right away.

It’s sad

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Wow. So many people just blatantly cheating and stopping their runs and starting another run right away.

It’s sad

You can sort it by distance or time and those same people will slide down the standings so to speak.

At the end of the day training load is training load. What really matters when it comes to future racing is mileage. Whether you enter one 12 mile run or four 3 mile runs it is roughly the same training load in terms of gaining fitness. So if those people want to cheat they are just screwing themselves anyway
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But that’s not the “spirit” of this challenge. People are literally stopping at 3mi. Then starting again. I just don’t get it.

There needs to be a filter on the training site that takes those runs out. Can’t imagine it’s hard to take the time finished and add 60min to count.

Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As people can self-report runs and have them count, its a self-challenge rather than any sort of contest. Even Strava has people "winning" some of their distance challenges with patently absurd times and distances.
Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Sbernardi wrote:

It’s sad

You can sort it by distance or time and those same people will slide down the standings so to speak.

At the end of the day training load is training load. What really matters when it comes to future racing is mileage. Whether you enter one 12 mile run or four 3 mile runs it is roughly the same training load in terms of gaining fitness. So if those people want to cheat they are just screwing themselves anyway

I'm trying to hang in there, like you say Paul - put in the km's. It's helping with my lower leg recovery, fixing my hips/posture. I also have barbells and working out a bit post-run. .
Been on the stadium track early morning, late afternoon, then a 8pm night road session, using lights. Which if required is applied to either the morning or afternoon set if one is cut short. Total distance is around 10-12km /day if on a double day.

Going super, super slow. Been itching to ramp up speed. Achilles are good, have pain in heel area now - push the pace and I pay the price :)
No cycling, or swimming :( https://www.instagram.com/p/CKS6rjXB9mY/?igshid=1f44nxyz5q2io

PS: I've taken up boxing :P

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Last edited by: SharkFM: Jan 30, 21 11:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
But that’s not the “spirit” of this challenge. People are literally stopping at 3mi. Then starting again. I just don’t get it.

There needs to be a filter on the training site that takes those runs out. Can’t imagine it’s hard to take the time finished and add 60min to count.

I assume there is cheating (sad on a several levels), but I wonder how much is lost in data translation as I assume you really didn't count a second run as part of your first run as shown in your log today. Have fun with the challenge and let miserable people be miserable.

Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [wjoiner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strava had me on Australia time zone.
2 runs yesterday am/pm
1 today.
You can find it on Garmin connect.

When people have 4/5 3 mi runs one after another it’s just sad

This isn’t worth cheating or making myself feel good. I have an 8yr run streak

Quote Reply
Re: Official 14th Annual 2020/2021 Slowtwitch 100/100 Challenge Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
9th Annual 24 Minutes of Daytona - 24-minute time trial; best done on the road, but with excruciating wind chills this morning, I put it off until I could get on the TM at the gym

Let me tell you, running - even at a moderate pace - with a mask, totally SUCKS!!!

Managed 2.8 miles in the 24, then trotted for 6 minutes more to fulfill the 30-minute minimum before Saturday's Strength Session

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please refer back to Reply #136 of this thread

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=7382472#p7382472

"It's your run, do what you want with it"

Sbernardi wrote:
I have an 8yr run streak

Do you?

"All Runners are Liars" - Bart Yasso

Last edited by: RandMart: Jan 31, 21 6:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. If you are running 12 mi. Run 12. Don’t stop 3x to make it 4 runs because you want to be slowtwitch famous

If it is truly “your run” why the need to be on the list?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:

It’s sad

You mean I have been missing out on being near the top for run frequency by recording my 21.75km run this morning as 1 run instead of 4 with no break in between? Damn, I have been missing out on virtual glory by just training like a "normal" runner.

As a run coach for almost 30 years and runner for 42, seeing this stupid training to chase a virtual spreadhseet makes me shake my head (and as you stated, it is kind of sad). As Dev said, sort by distance covered and Herbert and Fartleker are killing it which is a much more impressive accomplishment than running 3 miles on your treadmill 3 times each day. When I see people with 40-50 more runs than Fartleker and 500+ fewer km, it makes absolutely no sense from a training perspective.
Quote Reply

Prev Next