Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Computrainer problem
Quote | Reply
        My wife has been riding the Computrainer faithfully all winter and has been runing into this problem. Using the PC1 software, a course it will just cut out, Poof!, nothing there, and she has to start over. At first we thought it was just one bad file, but now it seems to be happening more often. My computer is a three year old Emachine which seems to have no problems. Computrainer tech support was really no help.

Thank you. I'll be riding it more often after I get through Miami Marathon this sunday.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Another Computrainer problem [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had this happen before. I solved it by resolving a software conflict. Close out everything on your computer that you can. Shutdown every program except for the c-trainer. Look in your system tray and close everything that it is possible to close. Turn off your screen saver and temporarily disable your power saving features.

No gaurantees, but doing the above solved my problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Computrainer problem [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed that it's probably some other software causing the CT to cut out, not a problem with CT itself. I bet you've got some "lurker" software that's running itself and shutting the CT down. This has only happened to me once, and the culprit was a random popup from my Norton Antivirus reminding me that my protection was outdated and asking if I wanted to download the latest version.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Computrainer problem [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto what they said. PC1 needs to take over the whole machine; it doesn't want to co-exist with anything else that wants some screen time. "Real" Windows applications don't have this problem, but most older games do (and C-trainer is a "game" software app). You need to close everything and turn off anti-virus software and your screen saver and anything else that might want to display itself on your monitor.
Quote Reply