Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'm using the direct mount Shimano Ultegra brake. PITA as it has no release on it so tyre changes are torture.
I'm currently running Mavic CXRs with 23mm tyres (on the back) but they don't hold up well on roads with any kind of debris.

I've tried a highly unscientific experiment of fitting my 25mm Mavic's from the road bike to the IA and clearance seems fine.
I may just have to swap out that brake. It stops but is only in the way for everything else
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [garboticas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the Shimano brake has more clearance than the FSA brake. And the FSA works with 25mm at least.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent. Thanks again for the feedback
I've been looking at the new Canyon Speedmax Disc
New wheels are much easier to hide than a new bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which shimano brake do you use?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the brake that came with my bike and since the only way to adjust it is by adding and removing shims behind the pads. And a few millimeters from the barell adjuster.

Now I switched to the new FSA brake that is easier to adjust and has a better feel.

Personal best:
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a minimum exposed extension length behind the basebar bracket for the aluminum extensions?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe I’ve read 30mm somewhere but I can’t find that in any official documentation. Personally I wouldn’t go much closer than 20mm to be sure the clamping force isn’t compromised.

Are you on the limit in length of you extensions?

Personal best:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still working out the fit. My original fitting coordinates place my rests just in front of the basebar brackets and the extensions near their limits. I would like to go just a bit further forward(10-15mm?).

Currently, I have 25mm behind the basebar bracket. I had seen a 20mm limit on a carbon extension before, but I haven't been able to find any limit on the aluminum extension.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey folks, for those with an FRD/IA1/IA3, that came with the Felt integrated carbon bars/stem setup, did any of you switch it out for a dagger stem and aftermarket bar setup like the Zipp Vuka? Any idea how the weights compared? Or, does anyone just know what the weight is of the felt integrated carbon stem/bar setup?

Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have the weight on hand, but the stem is HEAVY

It's CNC'ed from a solid block, and even the shop commented on just how heavy the thing is.

That said I am not worried about the weight of my stem over being able to use whatever bar I want to get in to the perfect position and streamline my front end better.

Just don't be surprised by just how heavy it is for a stem.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfquigley wrote:
I don't have the weight on hand, but the stem is HEAVY

It's CNC'ed from a solid block, and even the shop commented on just how heavy the thing is.

That said I am not worried about the weight of my stem over being able to use whatever bar I want to get in to the perfect position and streamline my front end better.

Just don't be surprised by just how heavy it is for a stem.

Thanks, was afraid of that, and not in love with the idea of modding the cover to work with a trig setup...but we'll see...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious what issue your having with the integrated bars. What are you looking to do? I just picked up a FELT IA and am still playing with the fit a bit on it.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MXGimp wrote:
Just curious what issue your having with the integrated bars. What are you looking to do? I just picked up a FELT IA and am still playing with the fit a bit on it.

I've had them before on a '15 IA FRD, and really, there is nothing wrong with them I guess once setup in a position you are happy with, and there is a chance I may just stick with them. Minor complaints - hate the spacers system with all the tiny washers you need to use between every layer otherwise face bar failure, so pain in ass to adjust height. No tilt. Worst arm pads/cups on the market, honestly not sure how they came up with those.
Ideally I'd like the tririg alpha one, but the tabs at the top of the felt front cover get in the way. There may be a couple workarounds, one which is to file off those tabs and secure the cover with tape (or maybe a magnet?), but I'd rather not to that.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Dec 28, 20 16:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, years ago I made spacers with tilt for both v2 and v3.

At this point I think the v 3 ones are only built out with 10 degrees tilt and need a different bolt.

I can walk you through what's needed, but I, and many others ride with them at this point

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/dcohen24
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey thanks, I appreciate it, but think I'm prob OK for tilt. I use Zipp extensions that allow me to get the hands up without actual tilt for now.

If I do end up just sticking with the stock bars, I'll just need to find some replacement arm rests.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience with a BBinfinte replacement BB in their IA?
Time to replace my BB30 Bearings in my 2016 IA and considering this, but not sold.

Good? Bad? Just fine?
Last edited by: JustTooFarr: Jan 6, 21 7:03
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No experience with BBInfinite, but I had great luck with the Wheelsmfg BB in my IA

https://wheelsmfg.com/...-bearings-black.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, but I run 30mm cranks and want to keep them so I am looking at options that keep that spindle or staying with a regular bearing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What year IA?

My IA16 is a 2018 and it's a BB30
I think the newer ones are BSA68

I'm actually thinking of putting that BB30 to BSA adapter sleeve in mine since I'm using Shimano cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaretj I have a 2016 IA16 so it is also BB30, I run Rotor 3D30 cranks.

Didn't realize they switched the BB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all:

My IA is getting a bit long in the tooth and is needing some refurbishment; can I get some thoughts on this:

The in-line barrel adjuster for the FD has broken at the bend and needs replacement. I'm not surprised it broke, as there was a lt of pressure there. In my research for this fix, I found this routing diagram for the IA14 mech. It seems like my bike was not built in the recommended way

Of note, a few things: 1: There are no barrel adjusters on the FD. I suppose this makes sense given that it's not indexed.
Two: I see that the brake line routing is different from what Felt recommends. I don't mind switching it to the other spot, but that begs the question: With the cable routed through the stem and under the cap, is there enough room for the bike to turn? It looks like it'll pull or be quite tight:

Of note, I have the V1 Calpac, not 2, so maybe that's relevant with the routing. My routing is definitely different than DFW Tri has on their video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XERDiSRma2g

Thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Last edited by: justinhorne: Mar 20, 21 23:49
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The calpac 2 is different for routing cables thru.
The diagram shows the rear mech going thru the stem first then nicely into the calpac and down the tube. It works like that.

The barrel adjuster can go on right after the housing exits the handlebar. Just get some new cables and make it happen!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With regards to the housing failure, I had the same issue not long ago. Here is my thread.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...e_P7453272/#p7453272

I got rid of my barrel adjust on the front derailleur. No need for it without indexing. I just used a female/female piece to connect the intact housing to new housing I ran through the frame.

The one thing I would have done different is that I should have cut some of the housing on the extension side. I feel the fitting is still too far into the bend, and if it was closer to the extension, it would have let stress on it.

Since I needed to replace the rear cable on a different bike, I got this kit. Jagwire Kit. Had all the parts I needed. I also got this tool for cutting the housing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just rebuilt the same bike for a friend, though she had di2 on hers. That rear brake can def go in the side of the stem and out the back from under the top cap, though it will make for a tighter bend than you have, and thus might not feel quite as smooth.

You mention the bike is getting long in the tooth.......a nice upgrade would obviously be di2 or etap - though ultegra di2 is prob the most economical, and I personally prefer di2 anyway. :)

Also, not sure what brake calipers you have on yours, but if they are stock, then I think you'll notice much nicer brake feel by upgrading those as well, like an ultegra for the rear, and either normal ultegra for front or a tririg front if you want more bling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I notice you have almost no extension behind the armpad clamp. Are you having any issues with slipping on that? That it was supposed to have some space behind the clamp.

If you aren't having issues I'll probably try moving mine back. I'm needing the shifters just a little forward and hate to have to get all new extensions for a 1/2" of extra reach.
Quote Reply

Prev Next