Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin HRM-Pro Post-work Download Issues
Quote | Reply
I'm sure this issue has been posted already since it's Garmin and all the software they put out doesn't work for the first year, so forgive me. I recently upgraded to the HRM-Pro for it's ability to record and upload data while unconnected to the watch. Except, the one thing I bought it for has failed to work 6 of 7 times. Here's the scenario:

Outside of triathlon I play hockey. Not wanting to get slashed and break my Garmin 945, I went with the Pro so I could leave the watch in my bag. In the locker room, I set the exercise to the built-in Cardio setting with GPS off. After making sure the Pro connects and is registering HR data, I start the exercise. I then leave the watch running in the locker room. When I come back an hour later, I stop the exercise and save it. It appears to download the HR data. When I then view the workout, it only captures the two minutes at the beginning and end of the exercise when the Pro was connected to the watch.

On one occasion I was able to go back into the saved workout using the Garmin 945 and hit the "Download HR" option. It found the HR data, downloaded it and actually created a new workout file with the HR data properly displayed. The other six times it reads "No HR Data Found". The 945 is running firmware 5.50 and the Pro 7.10.

Now, I know that data is on the Pro, because I have it connected to my phone, it downloads the data when I didn't have the watch on and correctly displays it in Garmin Connect on my running daily HR chart.

I heard from a number of people that the Pro works well and seamlessly integrates the downloading of HR data when not connected to the watch. So, has anyone had this issue? If so, what am I missing? Of course I've reached out to Garmin but their tech/customer support have as much technical knowledge as my 70-year-old mother and simply read from a computer-generated script.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin HRM-Pro Post-work Download Issues [PhxTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this exact issue a few months ago. IIRC, it was fixed with a FW upgrade, maybe to both the Pro and 945. I also have the pro, but I have a 920xt...and, I have not tried offline HR usage, yet. I'll see if I can find the thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin HRM-Pro Post-work Download Issues [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Found it.

Although later posts seem to be less successful. So, YMMV. Sorry....
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Dec 5, 20 12:46
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin HRM-Pro Post-work Download Issues [PhxTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update the firmware on the HRM and your watch. That solved the connection and sync issues I was having.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin HRM-Pro Post-work Download Issues [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both are upgraded to the latest as far as I can see. 945 - 5.50. PRO - 7.10. What are you running that works? Thanks.
Quote Reply